Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mice?
wired ONLY
wireless is cool
trackballs
other (rollermouse??)
View Results

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

rechargeable mice i cant find the USB port on $3600

I would say have you tried plugging it in the bottom but I don't want to summon Ellie under false pretences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my mouse tells me when it’s at 20%, which about every 2 months, and then I plug it in when I go to lunch. I can even use it plugged in like some sort of mouse-by-wire

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

hbag posted:

wired or gtfo at least until they invent wireless charging mousepads

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mouse-pads/powerplay-wireless-charging.943-000109.html

this is not an endorsement, just saying, they have

also one of the beautiful things about the g pro is that when you need to charge it, you can plug the cable into the front of it and it... becomes a wired mouse

amazing, i know

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

if that mad catz mouse rotor (or shaggar? or sagebrush??? one of those loving guys) was posting about is rechargable instead of battery-operated and actually notifies you when its running low i guess ill get it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hbag posted:

also why would i have insurance

stay in the UK for about 18 more months and you'll find out

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

with the way things are you going youre going to have to learn "is there a copay" and "can i get an itemized receipt" soon

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

well-read undead posted:

also one of the beautiful things about the g pro is that when you need to charge it, you can plug the cable into the front of it and it... becomes a wired mouse

amazing, i know

see if they all did this id love them. but if i were to just leave it plugged in for like three months straight and then unplug it, would the battery be hosed? i dont know if thats still a problem batteries have and i dont want to turn my wireless mouse into a wired mouse permanently

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i have a logitech g604 which is good enough but no mouse will be as good as the mx revolution. i miss the horizontal thumb toggle thing

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

hbag posted:

see if they all did this id love them. but if i were to just leave it plugged in for like three months straight and then unplug it, would the battery be hosed? i dont know if thats still a problem batteries have and i dont want to turn my wireless mouse into a wired mouse permanently

i leave mine unplugged most of the time because the battery life is incredible and using a mouse with a wire is annoying, and then i charge it when the little led starts blinking. it's fine

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its not like jump starting a car you can leave it hooked up lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

its not like jump starting a car you can leave it hooked up lol

i was thinking more "leaving your laptop plugged in forever and then its battery lasts like five minutes when you finally unplug it"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My G603 takes two AA batteries. A pair of rechargeable eneloops lasts a month or two. When the low battery light comes on you have like another week of use before it actually dies. Plenty of time to finish your game and swap in the other set you have on the charger.

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

Sweevo posted:

i stole a box of MS "Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A"s from an old job in 2002. i'm currently on the 2nd (of 6) so i'm good for mice for a while yet

yeah I have been using a "Wheel Mouse Optical" for years and it's very needs suiting

Tankakern posted:

guess i should stock even more up on them since it seems like microsoft is stopping making them

oh word? I was thinking about upgrading to one, but was gonna wait until the black one came back in stock. which sounds like it may not. maybe I should just get, ugh, white

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
wired mice are plainly the correct choice, cmon now

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
feel like I’m surrounded by a bunch of computer trolls or something

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my g602 needs new batteries like once a year. I put lithiums in it though

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

wired mice are plainly the correct choice, cmon now

explain why

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

before i got my original g502 i was using one of the james donkey mice.

yes only because it was called james donkey

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
if it’s sitting on the desk, it doesn’t need a battery. wires always work. simple as that

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
it’s like why every computer is not a laptop

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

it’s like why every computer is not a laptop

every computer ive had at work since like 2005 was a laptop

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

every computer ive had at work since like 2005 was a laptop

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no mouse needs to be wireless, but it is nice to have one less cord running across your desk. it looks less messy, nothing to tangle up, easier to put away and clear space to do something else, etc.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
....put away?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
some people use desks for non-computer tasks yknow

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah, i use my desk for many different things. i have my monitor on an arm that i can shove all the way to the back, and i put the keyboard and mouse on the shelf and i have lots of space for drawing or soldering or whatever.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

this doesnt sound right

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

well they shouldn't

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
compromises must be made, i guess

e: hbag is correct

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

compromises must be made, i guess

e: hbag is correct

seconded. let the record show the motion passes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that isn't how it works, rotor! after the motion is raised and seconded you have to take a vote. what kind of kangaroo court are you running here

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

that isn't how it works, rotor! after the motion is raised and seconded you have to take a vote. what kind of kangaroo court are you running here

I think everyone is well-aquainted with the kind of kangaroo court i run here

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

this whole court is out of order

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’ve had a mx master for like 13 years, battery is still fine. i even posted in yospos when i got it

i replaced the teflon pads earlier this year and it made a big difference. in summary, mx master, good

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

rotor posted:

I think everyone is well-aquainted with the kind of kangaroo court i run here

https://rotormouse.ytmnd.com

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Elecom deft pro trackball. It's good but the stock bearings were baaaad. It'd be perfect if the ball protruded just a bit more. I really like it but I think if it ever breaks I'm going to get one of the ploopy trackballs, they look good

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Buck Turgidson posted:

Elecom deft pro trackball. It's good but the stock bearings were baaaad. It'd be perfect if the ball protruded just a bit more. I really like it but I think if it ever breaks I'm going to get one of the ploopy trackballs, they look good

the ploopy classic just looks like an mste with the serial numbers filed off

might be good, since the OG was prob the best trackball ive ever used

been curious about the deft pro cause ive read that it fixes some of the ergo issues iwth the HUGE, but if it's just lukewarm then eh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was cleaning out some boxes and found an old intellimouse optical and was very disappointed to find that the scroll wheel had fallen apart. that was my first really good mouse and I used them for like 8 years until I switched to logitech

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yall are pulling my leg, I refuse to believe there is a trackball called a "ploopy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it used to be called chegg