Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mice?
wired ONLY
wireless is cool
trackballs
other (rollermouse??)
View Results

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

for the deft pro you can buy bearings and replace them: they're tricky, but you can half-close the bowl pieces to slot them in

i bought these for mine and now have seven spares, so plenty in case one of them disappears in the process

there's a slew of reddit guides people have put together for disassembly, but it's not too tricky. after replacing the bearing, i changed the tension for the scroll wheel, so it's easy enough for quick tweaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
sadly, they no longer make the best trackball

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

90s computer peripherals and 2020s sex toys share a design language

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

$400 on goop vibrator looking trackball

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

sadly, they no longer make the best trackball

if i had to use a trackball id want it to be this one

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

is that from the era when all logitech products ended in "man"? mouseman, trackman, etc.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
yes that is the trackman marble fx

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Tankakern posted:

guess i should stock even more up on them since it seems like microsoft is stopping making them

this made me check aliexpress to see if there's any knockoffs (and i assume there are, but "intellimouse" surprisingly yields no results)

but anyway i found a mx master ripoff https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805080072777.html

and lol its poo brand

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lots of trackballs on aliexpress too, e.g. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805749493913.html

wonder how good they are

e: not a trackball but this mouse is a dollar?! https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805114890303.html

very tempting lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 19, 2023

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

at last, disposable mice

battery dead? toss it in the trash, pull the next one out of the mouse dispenser

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well-read undead posted:

is that from the era when all logitech products ended in "man"? mouseman, trackman, etc.

rip the switches on my cordless optical trackman

also why was it wireless? why was it so bad at letting me know the battery was low? why was the receiver a weird one that logitech never used for any other mice?

still, it was a great hand feel. also it was a warranty replacement for a trackman marble (nofx) for some reason, which was weird because they'd just discontinued the cordless model and it cost four times the price of the marble

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
a proper optical mouse requires a shiny metal pad with a grid printed on it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ploptical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

none of the wireless mice ive had have been rechargable. usually they take AAA batteries

also why would i have insurance

the mouse at my computer is a glorious model o wireless or something (my son bought it and its on my compy)

its wireless, but needs to be charged every day or so. it came with a very good usb cable which you just leave on half the time

honestly the best mouse I've every used though. no functionality ofc but its perfect imo (less charging would be better)