Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Rakell Rakell!
1. (10) Jack Hughes (NJ - C,LW)
2. (31) Erik Karlsson (PIT - D)
3. (50) Jacob Markstrom (CGY - G)
4. (71) Miro Heiskanen (DAL - D)
5. (90) Darcy Kuemper (WSH - G)
6. (111) Alex DeBrincat (DET - LW,RW)
7. (130) John Carlson (WSH - D)
8. (151) Mathew Barzal (NYI - C,RW)
9. (170) Valeri Nichushkin (COL - LW,RW)
10. (191) Drew Doughty (LA - D)
11. (210) Taylor Hall (CHI - LW)
12. (231) Casey Mittelstadt (BUF - C)
13. (250) Josh Norris (OTT - C)
14. (271) Kent Johnson (CBJ - C,LW)
15. (290) Luke Evangelista (NSH - RW)
16. (311) Alexander Barabanov (SJ - LW,RW)
17. (330) Taylor Raddysh (CHI - RW)
18. (351) Sam Lafferty (TOR - C,RW)
19. (370) Adam Pelech (NYI - D)
20. (391) Marcus Pettersson (PIT - D)
21. (410) Ty Dellandrea (DAL - C,RW)
22. (431) Alexander Kerfoot (ARI - C,LW)
23. (450) Dakota Joshua (VAN - C,LW)

I hate the goaltending, and may have gone too all in on offensive d. I guess we'll see how it works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Denis Lemieux Memorial League

Grand Moff Harkins

1. (3) Matthew Tkachuk (FLA - LW,RW)
2. (26) Linus Ullmark (BOS - G)
3. (31) Juuse Saros (NSH - G)
4. (54) Pierre-Luc Dubois (LA - C,LW)
5. (59) Tristan Jarry (PIT - G)
6. (82) Matt Boldy (MIN - LW,RW)
7. (87) Evan Bouchard (EDM - D)
8. (110) Martin Necas (CAR - C,RW)
9. (115) Adrian Kempe (LA - C,RW)
10. (138) Ryan Hartman (MIN - C,RW)
11. (143) Kris Letang (PIT - D)
12. (166) Robert Thomas (STL - C)
13. (171) Shea Theodore (VGK - D)
14. (194) Zach Werenski (CBJ - D)
15. (199) Tyler Seguin (DAL - C,RW)
16. (222) Artturi Lehkonen (COL - LW)
17. (227) Filip Hronek (VAN - D)

I feel a lot happier with this than I did with my LSL draft. Naturally that probably means this team will suck and the other one will do well. We'll see.

Only concern is maybe I sprung for a third goalie too early but honestly I was a bit nervous about Ullmark getting hurt or losing the job. Far less likely for Saaros or Jarry to not be full time starters.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Benn & Eller (Hockiest Hockey League) keepers:

Jesper Bratt: $2-->$3
Jared McCann: $3-->$4
Connor Hellebuyck: $79--->$95
Josh Morrissey: $21-->$25

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

kalensc posted:

Ahhh you were Grand Moff. Felt like every time it went into your "end" before snaking back out you'd snipe 2 of the top 3~ remaining on my list. :argh: :sigh:

I felt like this was a way tougher draft than LSL, probably due to it involving half as many drafted players and thus less opportunities to snag a diamond in the rough. Missing out on Schmid and Kochetkov in both drafts stings.

(I will consider trades for both, in both leagues!)

Sorry! I got sniped a few times as well if it's any consolation.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Benn & Eller

1. (24) Adam Fox (NYR - D) $65
2. (29) Steven Stamkos (TB - C,LW) $85
3. (32) Dougie Hamilton (NJ - D) $35
4. (50) Elias Lindholm (CGY - C) $41
5. (67) Drake Batherson (OTT - RW) $22
6. (78) Adin Hill (VGK - G) $55
7. (94) Logan Thompson (VGK - G) $48
8. (118) David Perron (DET - LW,RW) $9
9. (146) Nick Schmaltz (ARI - C,RW) $1
10. (160) Casey Mittelstadt (BUF - C) $1
11. (184) Noah Hanifin (CGY - D) $1
12. (196) Filip Hronek (VAN - D) $1
13. (203) Valeri Nichushkin (COL - LW,RW) $1
14. (209) Jordan Staal (CAR - C) $1
15. (249) Josh Morrissey  (WPG - D) $26
16. (250) Connor Hellebuyck  (WPG - G) $95
17. (251) Jared McCann  (SEA - LW) $4
18. (252) Jesper Bratt  (NJ - LW,RW) $3

My game plan was to go for bargains. Nothing fancier than that really.

I feel fairly happy with this team. The goaltending should be solid. I have good players at every position. My best bargains were probably Hamilton at $35 and Lindholm at $41. I think those could be steals for me.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
My Longstick team is horrendously bad. I guess that comes with the territory when you draft Kuemper and Markstrom.....except that Washington is at least winning lately. I'm still bad though. Just kinda middling in everything (and bad at goals) and my goaltending is horrific.

Doing much better in the Hockiest (5th) and Denis Lemieux (2nd). In the Hockiest I appear to be getting propped up heavily by my goaltending, though. I'm first in the league in powerplay points and assists but I'm middling or worse in everything else except for goalie categories which I'm dominating. And this despite Hellebuyck sucking. But the Vegas goalies are just making up for it heavily by both doing extremely well.

My Denis Lemieux team also seems to be mostly being propped up by goaltending.

I guess the lesson here for me is to just draft goalies because the one league I didn't I'm sucking in.

It's tough trying to figure out how long to be patient with guys too. In the LSL you're just hosed if you suck because the waiver there is dire but there's some guys in the Hockiest that have been very disappointing for me so far but I'm not sure yet if I want to make changes because I'm in a playoff spot and doing fine despite that. But the waiver in the HHL is pretty solid and there are good options there if I do decide to change it up.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah I'm never sure of how long to hold on to guys. In HHL have Samsonov, who I plan to hold on to just because he's Toronto's goalie and he should get wins if nothing else. But I've also got Nik Ehlers and Devon Toews who have been loving awful, like ranked 467th and 452nd respectively. I could definitely get immediate waiver help for them but Toews was a top-100 player in this format last year. Ehlers might just be broken at this point, I'll probably give him another week.

LSL my whole team is kinda "meh" but the options on the waiver wire aren't great.

Fine with DLML. I haven't lost since week one there, but I'm not winning by a lot, so I'm only 7th. Swayman, Georgiev, and Shesterkin is basically guaranteed goalie wins every week, which helps a lot.

I guess my position on it boils down to if I'm doing fine standings-wise I can afford to be patient with guys and if I'm not I have to weigh whether making some panic moves is worth it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like how Markstrom gets hurt in the Longstick and I'm looking to pick up the Flames backup to weather the storm and someone already owns both Dan Vladar and Dustin Wolf. Such a hilarious cutthroat league.

My LSL team sucks anyways though so not the end of the world

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Me and Kalensc had the funniest/dumbest trade in the Longstick. So I've got Markstrom and he notices that and I guess at some point he picked up Dustin Wolf. With Markstrom hurt, Wolf was getting some starts.

But Kalensc wasn't satisfied with Wolf or his goaltending so he reached out to me asking if I was interested in making a trade for Wolf since I already had Markstrom. So we put together the Alex Lyon for Dustin Wolf trade and it finally went through today only for Markstrom to get activated (and thus, Wolf sent down to the AHL) and Alex Lyon also got immediately hurt after Kalensc got him.

Gming is hard.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Great goaltending all year in the Hockiest and gonna lose in the first round because my goaltending is poo poo this week. So it goes.

Didn't make it in the other two leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

The last time I finished in the top-3 in the HHL was in 2013 (when I won), and have pretty much been this league's Columbus Blue Jackets the entire time. Last season was my first time in the playoffs since 2017.

I'm like Jim Rutherford (well, JR before he had his Pens success). I won the HHL in the initial season because I spent big on Lundqvist, Malkin, and Stamkos, but then I've been poo poo ever since.

I don't think I've ever won the LSL.