Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Times work for me for HHL, LSL and DLML. I'm also open to just about any nights that first week of October if we need to reschedule.

For HHL I haven't decided on all my keepers yet, but I think I'm going to go full gimmick and keep Pastrnak, Marchand, and McAvoy. I'm genuinely not trying to be a Boston homer here, but I got them for way under value last year. I think I spent less than $150 on the three of them combined, McAvoy for sure was only like $15. I think even if (when) the Bruins take a big step back this year, those players are pretty reliable to continue being productive too.

The tricky part is figuring out how my 4th is going to be. I got Akira Schmid for nothing on waivers, and if he starts for the Devils that's probably a slam dunk decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Preference would be to avoid the 5th or 8th but I can make them all work

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
For HHL I (Osti Pastrnak) am going to keep:
David Pastrnak (duh) - $81 -> $97
Charlie McAvoy - $16 -> $19
Akira Schmid - $1 -> $2
Tyler Bertuzzi - $3 -> $4

99.9% sure they're all first time keepers, I haven't kept any of them before anyway. Total is $122.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Lindholm is probably a good pick. He puts up a surprising amount of shots and does a lot of hitting and blocking, even if he doesn't score at the level he did this year. He'll probably still be a + player on Boston and take a decent amount of silly penalties too. No idea where he ended up in the rankings last season but I'd imagine top 100. $2 for a player like that in the HHL format is a good deal.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'll do whatever. It's a Sunday so it's not like I have huge plans.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
PUCK BUDDIES
1. (18) Jake Oettinger (DAL - G)
2. (23) Connor Hellebuyck (WPG - G)
3. (58) Kyle Connor (WPG - LW)
4. (63) Johnny Gaudreau (CBJ - LW)
5. (98) Dylan Cozens (BUF - C)
6. (103) Trevor Zegras (ANA - C)
7. (138) Luke Hughes (NJ - D)
8. (143) Hampus Lindholm (BOS - D)
9. (178) Owen Power (BUF - D)
10. (183) Logan Cooley (ARI - C)
11. (218) T.J. Oshie (WSH - RW)
12. (223) Nick Schmaltz (ARI - C,RW)
13. (258) Samuel Girard (COL - D)
14. (263) Alexis Lafreniere (NYR - LW)
15. (298) Nicklas Backstrom (WSH - C)
16. (303) Alexander Holtz (NJ - RW)
17. (338) Joel Farabee (PHI - LW)
18. (343) Arthur Kaliyev (LA - RW)
19. (378) Ivan Provorov (CBJ - D)
20. (383) Matthew Poitras (BOS - C)
21. (418) Alexander Wennberg (SEA - C)
22. (423) J.J. Moser (ARI - D)
23. (458) Kevin Korchinski (CHI - D)

Probably the least excited I've been about a LSL draft, which means the team will probably do fine. The goaltending is good, and everything else is fine but not spectacular. No one really excels at anything (other than my goalies) but they all do pretty good at everything. A few too many players on bad teams and I ended up taking a few more gambles and ended up with more of a youth movement than I really intended to (I'm expecting Poitras and Korchinski to only get like 9 games before they get sent back to junior, but on the off chance they don't...) but I think this roster should at least be somewhat competitive.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Go to the league, change the season to last season, and then look at the draft results. If the player wasn't drafted then you can assume it was a waiver pickup or FAAB bid, and you can just look up adds by your team to see how much you paid (if it was a FAAB). If you didn't pay anything, then it was $1 and now $2 if you keep them.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Anything to make the draft shorter is ideal. I think the time to pick a player is fine. Is there a way to reduce the time to place a new bid? I know 10 seconds already isn't long but when people wait for 9 to pass before upping the bid, multiple times in a row, it definitely adds up.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Dude Where's Makar
Pretty happy with this. Went with the same strategy as last year which is "draft good goalies fast" since they're a third of the scoring categories but only a fraction of the roster slots. Everything else is fine, nothing crazy. Basically just went for consistent scorers and guys who get a good chunk of time on the power play. Felt like I got some good value in rounds 12-15 picking up top 6 players on mostly good teams that late.

1. (10) Igor Shesterkin (NYR - G)
2. (19) Alexandar Georgiev (COL - G)
3. (38) Aleksander Barkov (FLA - C)
4. (47) Jeremy Swayman (BOS - G)
5. (66) Timo Meier (NJ - LW,RW)
6. (75) Joel Eriksson Ek (MIN - C)
7. (94) Clayton Keller (ARI - LW,RW)
8. (103) Johnny Gaudreau (CBJ - LW)
9. (122) Thomas Chabot (OTT - D)
10. (131) Pavel Zacha (BOS - C)
11. (150) Seth Jones (CHI - D)
12. (159) Tom Wilson (WSH - RW)
13. (178) Tyler Bertuzzi (TOR - LW)
14. (187) Wyatt Johnston (DAL - C)
15. (206) Ryan Johansen (COL - C)
16. (215) Rasmus Sandin (WSH - D)
17. (234) K'Andre Miller (NYR - D)

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 7, 2023

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Osti Pastrnak

1. (3) Mitch Marner (TOR - RW) $77
2. (20) Juuse Saros (NSH - G) $100
3. (37) Ilya Samsonov (TOR - G) $67
4. (38) Mark Scheifele (WPG - C) $25
5. (68) Tomas Hertl (SJ - C) $29
6. (99) Pavel Zacha (BOS - C) $11
7. (111) Dylan Strome (WSH - C) $2
8. (115) Devon Toews (COL - D) $17
9. (147) K'Andre Miller (NYR - D) $9
10. (156) Nikolaj Ehlers (WPG - LW) $5
11. (158) Jamie Drysdale (ANA - D) $4
12. (169) Colton Parayko (STL - D) $3
13. (181) Wyatt Johnston (DAL - C) $1
14. (202) Matthew Poitras (BOS - C) $1
15. (225) Tyler Bertuzzi  (TOR - LW) $4
16. (226) Akira Schmid  (NJ - G) $2
17. (227) Charlie McAvoy  (BOS - D) $20
18. (228) David Pastrnak  (BOS - RW) $98

I am not super thrilled with this team but it's also not bad. I feel like Ehlers and Johnston could turn out to be good deals. I usually end up taking multiple rookies in this draft and I didn't really do that this year since it hasn't worked out all that well in the past. I really just took Poitras and at $1 if he ends up getting sent back to junior after 9 games it's not a huge deal.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I know everyone has experienced this at some point, but I just love when a goalie stinks so bad for the first period he gets pulled and it tanks your goalie stats for the entire week. Thank you Juuse Saros and the Nashville Predators

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Probably gonna regret dropping Schmid at some point in HHL but god he stinks so far, and I know Quick isn't going to be this good forever but my goaltending is rear end. Turns out relying on Samsonov, just because he's on a good team, and a rookie, wasn't the best decision!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ilya Samsonov

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I feel like my HHL team should be doing better than it is, but such is the mystery of fantasy hockey. My skaters are about middle of the pack in each category, in terms of raw totals, although goaltending has been sunk mostly thanks to Samsonov, who I still can't give up on yet because he's a goalie for Toronto - but the actual results have me at 15th overall. Luckily it's easier to turn things around in fantasy than it is in the actual NHL. I don't have a fantasy Woodcroft to fire.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah I'm never sure of how long to hold on to guys. In HHL have Samsonov, who I plan to hold on to just because he's Toronto's goalie and he should get wins if nothing else. But I've also got Nik Ehlers and Devon Toews who have been loving awful, like ranked 467th and 452nd respectively. I could definitely get immediate waiver help for them but Toews was a top-100 player in this format last year. Ehlers might just be broken at this point, I'll probably give him another week.

LSL my whole team is kinda "meh" but the options on the waiver wire aren't great.

Fine with DLML. I haven't lost since week one there, but I'm not winning by a lot, so I'm only 7th. Swayman, Georgiev, and Shesterkin is basically guaranteed goalie wins every week, which helps a lot.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Don't feel great about the Buffalo part, but the rest seems plausible

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Won my game 11-4-0 in LSL last week and...dropped in the standings. Pretty cool!

My LSL team is weird too. I've been winning even though I don't have a single skater in the top 100. In fact I only have two skaters who are even ranked in the top 200. What I do have is Oettinger and Hellebuyck, so I usually win goaltending, and then my collection of junk skaters usually win at least a handful of categories to eke things out.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Dec 4, 2023

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't think I've ever been hit so hard by injuries in fantasy like I have been lately.

HHL: Charle McAvoy, Pavel Zacha, Jamie Drysdale all on IR or Out. K'Andre MIller DTD.
LSL: Kyle Connor, Trevor Zegras, Sam Girard, Kevin Korchinski, Arthur Kaliyev
DLML: Pavel Zacha again, Seth Jones, Thomas Chabot

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

I let Dubois free. Go grab him if you want him!

I took the bait. For $1 he seems like a low risk "maybe he will figure it out" bet/potential keeper.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Well I guess I'm going to lose goaltending this week

Ullmark was injured with 2 minutes remaining in OT so Swayman had to go in. You're not allowed to warm up in OT so he came in cold after sitting for ~2 hours and predictably got scored on

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Someone out of the playoffs in HHL should trade with me, I have Lafreniere, Stankoven, Raymond, Pinto, and Chychrun all super cheap for next year, I need a goalie and could use to boost my FW/H/BLK

trade deadline passed or I would've given you Saros maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Two of my dopey teams finished 9th, disappointing. My HHL team in particular was a real letdown considering the skaters did reasonably well. Saros didn't get hot until too late and Samsonov was mostly trash.

DLML team made the playoffs though, maybe I can defend my title there.