Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

T-Bone posted:

I'll post HHL ineligible keepers hopefully soonish.

Really hoping I still have the ability to keep Kaprizov and Kucherov or else...uhhhhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In HHL, is there anyway to reduce the length of the draft? Like, I think it takes 30 seconds from the time someone makes a pick to the time it goes through. Then goes back to 10 seconds as soon as someone else makes a bid.

Maybe I am the only one who wants a shorter draft, though.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Looking at potential keepers on my team, the only two I know I can keep are Hartman and Wilson. Figure they are cheap enough to see what type of players they are this season.

I also want Kucherov and Kaprizov, but I am unsure if I can actually keep them.

If I can't, then I think I am just going to roll with two keepers. I don't think Crosby is worth it to keep for 20% more from the $99 I drafted him for. Maybe Hampus Lindholm since he was only $2, even if I doubt he replicates his season.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Since I suggested, I do like the change. I think enough people are on it, so if McDavid gets nominated for $1, he isn't slipping through. My issue is mostly that the first part of the draft can take so long and really gets dragged out in a bidding war.

My keepers
H. Lindholm ($1 -> $2)
Dubois ($56 -> $68)
Hartman ($2 -> $3)
Wilson ($1 -> $2)

My friend's
Point ($63 -> $76)
Hischier ($13 -> $16)
Cozens ($1 -> $2
Carlson ($6 -> $8)

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

Does anyone know where to change it? Went through like every option and I'm not seeing anything.

Looking this up, and I am unsure if you’ve already looked here, but it’s in League settings and under “Live Draft Pick Time”. Unsure if this includes the time for when a player is already picked, or if it’s only the time for when someone gets to choose who gets nominated.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

1. (21) John Tavares (TOR - C) $69
2. (25) J.T. Miller (VAN - C,RW) $99
3. (41) Vincent Trocheck (NYR - C) $41
4. (49) Victor Hedman (TB - D) $42
5. (51) Jeremy Swayman (BOS - G) $42
6. (82) Cole Caufield (MTL - LW,RW) $11
7. (88) Darnell Nurse (EDM - D) $53
8. (97) Carter Hart (PHI - G) $21
9. (108) Tyler Seguin (DAL - C,RW) $16
10. (131) Boone Jenner (CBJ - C,LW) $18
11. (140) Owen Tippett (PHI - RW) $2
12. (145) Jared Spurgeon (MIN - D) $5
13. (155) J.T. Compher (DET - LW,RW) $4
14. (159) Scott Mayfield (NYI - D) $1
15. (229) Tom Wilson (K) (WSH - RW) $2
16. (230) Ryan Hartman (K) (MIN - C,RW) $3
17. (231) Pierre-Luc Dubois (K) (LA - C,LW) $68
18. (232) Hampus Lindholm (K) (BOS - D) $2

So, my plan going in was to target one top center who can also add in other categories, as well as a clear number one goalie. John Tavares went for cheaper than I expected, so I spent more on Miller, which was okay, because he's great in this format. Missed out on a ton of goalies, and ended up getting Swayman. Couldn't follow it up with another option, so had to go with Hart again (I drafted him last year and dropped him a month or two later, stupidly). My focus then became drafting multi-positional players, and wingers who could get me a lot of FW and other categories.

The issue with my team is that I am depending on a few older guys, who I am hoping won't take big steps back this season. Of course, that will be balanced by Caufield and Tippett becoming elite.

I really wanted Seider predraft, and he went for $50. Then I entered a bidding war and spent $53 on Nurse, who I also wanted, but I prefer Seider. I also stopped bidding on Bobrovsky around $20, and should have just kept going. But, I will forget both of these things very shortly.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I like that sometimes the AI will draft you Kucherov and Rantanen, and other times, the AI will wait until the very end and draft you $1 players.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I know everyone has experienced this at some point, but I just love when a goalie stinks so bad for the first period he gets pulled and it tanks your goalie stats for the entire week. Thank you Juuse Saros and the Nashville Predators

Yeah, hate this. At least in fantasy baseball, you have so many starters that one bad outing shouldn’t hurt that bad. But depending on how many goalies you have, you may only be getting 3-5 starts. One bad outing can ruin you.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Mackenzie Blackwood may have been my worst pick-up of all-time.

All I wanted was a goalie to get starts to replace Hart. I decided to choose the goalie on the historically bad team.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It won’t make you feel any better, but those are two goalies I was targetting in the HHL before the price went too high. I feel like goalies are more of a “throw a dart at the board and hope you hit”.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

If I have learned anything in the HHL, it is to keep your goalies who get starts, unless it's like San Jose's goalies. I dropped Hart in November last year, and ended up having to juggle a lot of garbage.

I also just spent the past week and a bit with Hart out, and that waiver wire is dire.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Other than Tom Wilson, I decided to keep 3 awful players, but have still managed to avoid disaster because I drafted well.

I ended up dropping Lindholm a few days ago, but man, Dubois and Hartman are continually on the "I am just waiting for someone better" chopping block.

Ginette Reno posted:

Me and Kalensc had the funniest/dumbest trade in the Longstick. So I've got Markstrom and he notices that and I guess at some point he picked up Dustin Wolf. With Markstrom hurt, Wolf was getting some starts.

But Kalensc wasn't satisfied with Wolf or his goaltending so he reached out to me asking if I was interested in making a trade for Wolf since I already had Markstrom. So we put together the Alex Lyon for Dustin Wolf trade and it finally went through today only for Markstrom to get activated (and thus, Wolf sent down to the AHL) and Alex Lyon also got immediately hurt after Kalensc got him.

Gming is hard.

In HHL, waiting for Dustin Wolf (or Spencer Knight) to be called up led to me picking up Kochetkov, so I thank Wolf for that.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I let Dubois free. Go grab him if you want him!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I woke up to that surprise, too! Now I am questioning why that's a rule.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am in a league where we pick one player out of a group of 5, and it only counts the amount of points a player gets. In this league, the commish doubled the amount of points we would get from defenseman, so I am hanging near the top because I picked Makar/Hughes/Hedman. I would be winning if I picked one of Kucherov or MacKinnon over Draisaitl.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I am in a league where we pick one player out of a group of 5, and it only counts the amount of points a player gets. In this league, the commish doubled the amount of points we would get from defenseman, so I am hanging near the top because I picked Makar/Hughes/Hedman. I would be winning if I picked one of Kucherov or MacKinnon over Draisaitl.

I am winning this league, solely on the strength of my defensemen.

Someone else who is about 50 points out of first picked Hamilton instead of Hughes, and is the sole reason they are not winning.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Early morning, I picked up Dostal even though I wasn’t going to play him. Considered also picking up Silovs, but he wasn’t confirmed yet.

I would have won, regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The last time I finished in the top-3 in the HHL was in 2013 (when I won), and have pretty much been this league's Columbus Blue Jackets the entire time. Last season was my first time in the playoffs since 2017.