Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Pootybutt posted:

Her simple kindness, more than simply not fighting, feels like her most celebrated virtue. Sure is an exciting action movie, tho(that I tend to doze off or pause somewhere around the last third cuz this flick really doesn't stop until it ends after a certain point, if ya understand me.)
It's not just kindness or pacifism. It's the fact she was the only one who understood the world correctly. Nausicaa was firmly convinced that the bugs had a proper place in the world and nobody else believed her, while to Nausicaa it was plain as day even though she couldnt prove it. Yaga even uselessly sums up what just happened as a mathematical/formulaic sacrifice narrative until the (incredible) last sixty seconds of the movie where nausicaa wasnt just an especially nice person, she was the only correct one and what looked like stubborn denial of reality on her part (if you're a yucky grown up) is completely vindicated. No one else could see it the same way Yaga couldnt see the obvious until the very end.

(this is my favorite ghibli btw)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU