Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

🎶 Some people call me kipper dick but I never really found out why 🎶

The General posted:

Air fryers are huge in the UK right now. There's a continuing TV series of air fryer specials because they draw the numbers.

My sister won one in an office pool last year and they are pretty cool, they can do stuff conventional ovens struggle with like re-crisping fries after they've been refrigerated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Move over stancing, there's a new car modding scene in town

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Takes No Damage posted:

🎶 Some people call me kipper dick but I never really found out why 🎶

My sister won one in an office pool last year and they are pretty cool, they can do stuff conventional ovens struggle with like re-crisping fries after they've been refrigerated.

This really calls into question why you have leftover fries to begin with though :btroll:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
wouldn't it be re-chipping crisps?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Inceltown posted:

This really calls into question why you have leftover fries to begin with though :btroll:

Because my mom wants me to take all her leftover fries but I'm too full from eating all my fries and I don't want anything to get thrown away :sigh:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just order less fries and share?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Air Skwirl posted:

what are you, some kind of commie??

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl posted:

Bald Stalin posted:

what are you, some kind of commie??

:yeah:, tell me you're not American without saying you're not American :patriot:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I didn't know Cyriak designed cars.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Air Skwirl posted:

We try!
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/what-is-a-standard-serve-of-minimum-chips-one-man-is-trying-to-find-out-20191202-p53g3y.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_Chips
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_745736/matilda-bay-minimum-chips-golden-lager-345ml

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Half minimum chips isn't half, either.

I salute the autistic chip man

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^
Minimum Chips is the minimum, you can't say it's just half :mad:

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

At a traditional fish & chip shop, "minimum chips" is the minimum price you have to pay for some chips. It's got nothing to do with quantity. If you order a piece of fish, a couple of dims sims and minimum chips then you get enough chips for one person. If you order two pieces of fish, two dim sims, a potato cake and minimum chips, you get enough chips for two people. "Enough" is whatever the person cooking them thinks is enough, and if you're ordering stuff that doesn't make it obvious how many people are eating then you should say "chips for three people" or whatever, and for more than two people they'll charge you some arbitrary amount extra.

Never order chips by price. I've seen people go "well, minimum chips is $3 and that's probably one serve so we'd better order $6 worth for the two of us." If you ask for chips for two people you might get charged as much as $4 but you won't get charged $6, and if you order by price they'll still give you "enough" chips for however many people they think the meal is for, not multiples of the "minimum amount" because they're just eyeballing it anyway.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tiggum posted:

At a traditional fish & chip shop, "minimum chips" is the minimum price you have to pay for some chips. It's got nothing to do with quantity. If you order a piece of fish, a couple of dims sims and minimum chips then you get enough chips for one person. If you order two pieces of fish, two dim sims, a potato cake and minimum chips, you get enough chips for two people. "Enough" is whatever the person cooking them thinks is enough, and if you're ordering stuff that doesn't make it obvious how many people are eating then you should say "chips for three people" or whatever, and for more than two people they'll charge you some arbitrary amount extra.

Never order chips by price. I've seen people go "well, minimum chips is $3 and that's probably one serve so we'd better order $6 worth for the two of us." If you ask for chips for two people you might get charged as much as $4 but you won't get charged $6, and if you order by price they'll still give you "enough" chips for however many people they think the meal is for, not multiples of the "minimum amount" because they're just eyeballing it anyway.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Tiggum posted:

Bald Stalin posted:

I salute the autistic chip man

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Tiggum posted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They used to be a proper country.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
When they decimized their currency, they never told the chip shops

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Takes No Damage posted:

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

!

Kayaker pwned!

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Hippocrass posted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

This is a Five Guys. You're getting the whole bag whether you want it or not.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Tiggum posted:

Takes No Damage posted:

^^^
Minimum Chips is the minimum, you can't say it's just half :mad:

Nah, fish and chip shops now sell "half minimum chips" which costs less than advertised minimum chips.

Bald Stalin has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Apr 28, 2024

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

Tiggum posted:

Mate just order a scoop or a half scoop if you're feeling healthy

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
carbs are haram

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Bald Stalin posted:

Nah, fish and chip shops now sell "half minimum chips" which costs less than advertised minimum chips.

No!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hippocrass posted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

TBF fish and chips sounds like the one consistently good tasting meal you can order anywhere in England so I'm OK with there being a bunch of extra rules around it.

Bald Stalin posted:

Platystemon posted:

They used to be a proper country.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I don't know what the Australians are doing, but minimum chips has never ever been uttered in a UK chip shop.

You can specify the size of fish, but there is only one portion size for chips and it varies between "way too many" and "totally unreasonable" depending on how crap the chips are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Tiggum posted: