Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Time for a hard DROP of this conversation. It's not going anywhere good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

How bout Panda Bears?

https://i.imgur.com/lcK4VGa.mp4

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TopHatGenius posted:

I'm from California. I had no idea that that meant that.

For me it meant mental disabilities.

I mean, we just saw a video of someone being confused in the same way you are, but when someone refers to "the hard R" I assume they are referring a racial slur that starts with the letter "N" but is also used in a lot of very popular songs by African American rappers, which makes it hared to sing along to them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wait, that's what drop bears are? :crossarms:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TopHatGenius posted:

I'm from California. I had no idea that that meant that.

For me it meant mental disabilities.

That's apparently what Linus thought, and I've always wanted to ask: if that were the case then what would the soft-R word be? Just lower cased or...?

e:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wait, that's what drop bears are? :crossarms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL4NnkzZch8&t=5s

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 05:49 on Apr 25, 2024

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Why are panda bears so silly

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
You might not like it, but this is what apex predators looks like after quitting meat.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Infinite power, no responsibility or accountability.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 06:52 on Apr 25, 2024

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Behold the face of God.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I can't tell if that one panda is trying to help the others.

So many panda videos look like exaggerated amateur backyard wrestling

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ilmucche posted:

I can't tell if that one panda is trying to help the others.

So many panda videos look like exaggerated amateur backyard wrestling

was gonna say that JR should be calling this match

too many flips, no psychology, ****3/4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Hihohe posted:

If an R was hard would it look like this?

goose stepping?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

was gonna say that JR should be calling this match

too many flips, no psychology, ****3/4

AS GOD IS MY WITNESS HE IS BROKEN IN HALF

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

AlmightyBob posted:

AS GOD IS MY WITNESS HE IS BROKEN IN HALF

BY GAWD THAT'S PANDA BEAR'S THEME !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODt4ZLcN5Y

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Enderzero posted:

Yeah, I get that. I’m just saying having an opinion on what populations can use what language gets realll tricky quick, especially coming from white people

I used to have a Caribbean coworker who'd go off on rants about how "dirty" Africans were. It was... awkward.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

I used to have a Caribbean coworker who'd go off on rants about how "dirty" Africans were. It was... awkward.
Colorism and hyper regionalist brainworms are real and loving bizarre. Very much the bitcoin vibe of “no it can’t be that stupid you’re explaining it wrong”.

I have an unnamed family member who explained that no, cops will treat him better because he’s African and not “a ghetto black person”. ??????????????

There’s obviously an element of respectability politics woven into it but nonetheless: there is no racist in the world who will give a poo poo about whether you’re from Barbados, Botswana or Boston. To them, you have one designation and it ends in a rock hard R.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

African immigrants saying it is so weird to me because it's like "I'm not sure you're allowed to say it either." But also I'm not going to be the person to correct them. Just give me a White racist I can shout down and show myself as an ally.

If you're being called it I think you have a better right to say and coopt it. Cops don't differentiate btw what country you're from as long as you're black.

E: I don't like to say the n word but understand other black people that do. But plenty of pp have called me it since I immigrated here as a 6 year old, just fat old white dudes yelling it at a little kid in a convenience store trying to buy a kit Kat. It's hosed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PurpleXVI posted:

Apparently it voids the warranty, too.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Lol I thought that was just if you drove through an automatic car wash, but apparently just cleaning it at all

I just read something that said you have to put the car into a special "car wash mode" to wash it and if you don't put it in that special mode then that voids the warrant. Also they warn users not to wash it in direct sunlight to prevent corrosion

Playing 'simon says' with your car, also the car is part vampire

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I just read something that said you have to put the car into a special "car wash mode" to wash it and if you don't put it in that special mode then that voids the warrant. Also they warn users not to wash it in direct sunlight to prevent corrosion

Playing 'simon says' with your car, also the car is part vampire

the warranty is void even if you do wash it in super-special 'car wash mode' (lmao how does changing a setting even loving work, how is that supposed to un-gently caress your piece of poo poo Space Invaders polygon car)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i think the car wash mode is the same as the tow truck mode that disables the motors on the wheels so they roll freely when you go in one of the car washes that pulls your car along

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Air Skwirl posted:

I assume they are referring a racial slur that starts with the letter "N" but is also used in a lot of very popular songs by African American rappers, which makes it hared to sing along to them.
lmao at this closer

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
So what are you supposed to do with your cybertruck when it rains?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

the warranty is void even if you do wash it in super-special 'car wash mode' (lmao how does changing a setting even loving work, how is that supposed to un-gently caress your piece of poo poo Space Invaders polygon car)

IIRC it is supposed to disable some features like the windshield wipers and also close some vents to prevent water from getting in. Which is something every other car doesn't need to do when getting wet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Buy a new one.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_scgoloTzbk1qigfjt.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Why you can't put it through a wash - the wiring shorts out.

https://twitter.com/BlastYoBoots/status/1782542416949457370

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Set it to Rain Mode, duh

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Hilarious

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Park it in the Cyber Garage that has the 'feature' of collapsing in a 5mph breeze

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Is it a car designed in california or is it a car built by Lockheed

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Normal cars simply have drainage holes to prevent this exact thing from happening. But one of the dumbass design decisions imposed by Musk was that the thing should be able to wade or even float in high waters, so I guess they tried to make it waterproof from below.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Oh that makes more sense then. When it's dirty you can just drive it into a lake

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

That picture of a rusty frame gave me a nice big laugh like I haven’t had in ages. I thought that wankpanzer humor was all but gone, yet it continues delivering gems almost daily. How? Musky is a genius, indeed.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

That's apparently what Linus thought, and I've always wanted to ask: if that were the case then what would the soft-R word be? Just lower cased or...?

As someone who thought like that Linus video the first few times I heard the phrase Hard R, I thought it meant calling someone retarded instead of using a euphamism or actual medical sounding word. Like a "soft R" is "oh he's so nice but he's quite slow"

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I wanna see some probes and I wanna see em now!!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

madmatt112 posted:

I wanna see some probes and I wanna see em now!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What happens if you feed it after midnight

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

What happens if you feed it after midnight

It becomes evil and kills a child

(This is typically done at the factory)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I have on a few occasions said to people, friends even, when talking a out Teslas that I would never buy one because (aside from all the other quality problems and poo poo) I would “rather buy an electric car from a car company than an electric car from a tech company” and I really don’t know how else to make that statement more poignant and concise yet convey so much.

When I said it to a friend I didn’t know they had just bought one.

I didn’t take that statement back. :colbert: