Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Tesla Model Y was the top selling automobile in the world in 2023, outselling even Toyota Corollas. Not trying to say anything, I just thought that was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

zoux posted:

The Tesla Model Y was the top selling automobile in the world in 2023, outselling even Toyota Corollas. Not trying to say anything, I just thought that was weird.

A misleading statistic.

Now look at the market share per brand. Teslas have 3 (4?) cars. And only one is in an “affordable” range.

Not nearly as diluted a choice compared to the big three and even beyond.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Apr 25, 2024

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

dialhforhero posted:

A misleading statistic.

Teslas Georg, who buys 10,000 Teslas each day and is permanently on fire, is an outlier and should not be counted

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

CainFortea posted:

As someone who thought like that Linus video the first few times I heard the phrase Hard R, I thought it meant calling someone retarded instead of using a euphamism or actual medical sounding word. Like a "soft R" is "oh he's so nice but he's quite slow"

I thought it was something like that too, because in my accent we always pronounce "er" as "a", so I never registered a difference in hearing those words said.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_scgxvc7VAI1zyv8vk.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

dialhforhero posted:

A misleading statistic.

Now look at the market share per brand. Teslas have 3 (4?) cars. And only one is in an “affordable” range.

Not nearly as diluted a choice compared to the big three and even beyond.

Fun fact: the Commodore 64 is the best-selling computer of all time.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

There needs to be a maximum age for the presidency, and it needs to be younger than Trump.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mr.Radar posted:

If you haven't seen it, you must experience the Linus Tech Tips guy finding out live on air what "Hard R" means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFDiuBomSuY

lmfao

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Sorry force of habit

holtemon has a new favorite as of 21:46 on Apr 25, 2024

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Please shoot me first.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

madmatt112 posted:

I wanna see some probes and I wanna see em now!!

They're even waterproof!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

madmatt112 posted:

this guy is like the michael jordan of probes

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

madmatt112 posted:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

gbut posted:

That picture of a rusty frame gave me a nice big laugh like I haven’t had in ages. I thought that wankpanzer humor was all but gone, yet it continues delivering gems almost daily. How? Musky is a genius, indeed.

Did he get the same design team as the Nazi Panther tank who built their engine for wading and then never built the rest of the tank to do that, so it caused oil to get stuck in the engine bay and then 60% of them caught fire before their first engagement.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Somewhat concerned at the need for a full body splatter smock at the buttplug factory :ohdear:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

They take QA very seriously.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Alright I’ve seen enough probes now, thanks everyone for your contributions.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

That's a pretty hosed up video man

Edit: didn’t realize I was a few pages behind

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/sQAYyCV.mp4

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Takes No Damage posted:

Somewhat concerned at the need for a full body splatter smock at the buttplug factory :ohdear:

don't mock it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

Look, if you're giving a tour of the butt plug factory and I see employees wearing smocks I'm going to ask for one too.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

DontMockMySmock posted:

don't mock it.

Great now I'm imagining a cheesy 90s work safety music video titled Don't Mock It Just Smock It :mad:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"This massive plug might seem like a pain in the rear end but the real pain in the rear end is not following proper safety procedure"

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Stoplerfarter Klaus

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Turpitude posted:

this guy is like the michael jordan of probes

*batteries not included remake looking pretty dark and edgy :ohdear:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Laserjet 4P posted:

*batteries not included remake looking pretty dark and edgy :ohdear:

The diner is now an influencer group house

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I want to believe but knowing how those shitters work, this is implausible.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Cleaning lady just like “Wow sir!” *clap clap clap*

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I want to believe but knowing how those shitters work, this is implausible.

10/10 post/username combo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

this person needs to eat more fiber goddam

anyways

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Shageletic posted:

anyways

If you don't follow the stock:
This person sold at the bottom and the stock is currently at $40 again, the average price paid since the merge is $47.89

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sciycnqxsM1qejbir.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Shageletic posted:

anyways

The end of the post says "Please family learn from my mistake and do not put everything into one stock."

You should put a little into the scam stock, as a treat, but not everything!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

pixaal posted:

If you don't follow the stock:
This person sold at the bottom and the stock is currently at $40 again, the average price paid since the merge is $47.89

that's an oof

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WaPo had an article about those financial geniuses

quote:

Jerry Dean McLain first bet on former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social two years ago, buying into the Trump company’s planned merger partner, Digital World Acquisition, at $90 a share. Over time, as the price changed, he kept buying, amassing hundreds of shares for $25,000 — pretty much his “whole nest egg,” he said.

That nest egg has lost more than half its value in the past two weeks as Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price dropped from $66 after its public debut last month to $22 on Tuesday. But McLain, 71, who owns a tree-removal service outside Oklahoma City, said he’s not worried. If anything, he wants to buy more.

“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,” he said. “I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime.”
Even the company’s plunging stock price — and the chance their investments could get mostly wiped out — doesn’t seem to have shaken that faith. The stock plunged 14 percent on Tuesday, and the company has lost nearly $5 billion in value since its market debut.
That range of emotions is on full display on Truth Social, where thousands of mostly anonymous accounts have flocked to meme-filled investor groups, one of which is emblazoned with a computer-generated image showing Trump pumping his fist on a Wall Street trading floor.

Some accounts there have recently encouraged traders to keep investing in a fight they said was about “good vs evil” — a way to defend Trump from the liberal elites laughing at him and, by extension, them. The user @BaldylocksUSMC said “the fight has been long and hard on most of us” and that “this stock is not for the weak,” but that one day they would triumph over critics who were “brainwashed beyond repair.”

After the billionaire media mogul Barry Diller called Trump Media a “scam” stock bought by “dopes,” one account, @Handbag72, claimed to have bought more shares, arguing Diller didn’t “get it” or was “at risk of [losing] $$$$.” The next day, the account shared a 2021 blog post from the investing forum Seeking Alpha saying Truth Social could be worth $1 trillion in the next 10 years.

But there are also flickers of uncertainty and disenchantment, with some saying they faced thousands of dollars in losses or had “risked [literally] everything.” One user who had posted “Tired of WINNING yet?” earlier this year when the stock spiked posted that the recent losses were “painful to stomach.”

“Come on DJT, every time I buy more, the price drops more,” the user @bill7718 wrote. “When will it be the BOTTOM!!” (He posted a chart Thursday showing the stock rising slightly alongside the caption, “moving!!” The price has since gone back down.)

The user @manofpeace123, who said they bought shares at $65 and that 71 percent of their portfolio was DJT stock, said on Wednesday that investing was a way of telling Trump, “I believe in you and I stand with you through good times and bad.” But a day later, the user added: “can’t help but feel sad. … feel like I’m trying to catch a falling knife.”

Another account, @realJaneBLONDE, posted on April 7 that she was “NOT panicked NOT worried” before, two days later, posting a message to Trump and congressional Republicans urging them to make it “illegal” to bet against or short-sell stocks.

“Sick of MY investment money being stolen!!” she wrote. “They’re stealing peoples money and you’re allowing it!!”

Some users said they were “baffled” by the stock’s ups and downs, and one asked for advice on how to tell her husband she didn’t want to sell. One user posted a meme image saying, “If you’re worried about your Money, Remember This, DJT stock is about FREE SPEECH & Without FREE SPEECH Money won’t mean much.”

But other users saw such questions as displays of unacceptable doubt. When the user @seneca1950 asked whether anyone was concerned that the company’s upcoming plans to issue tens of millions more shares would sink the stock price, two accounts criticized the account for spreading “FUD” — fear, uncertainty and doubt.

“Are you a Fudster,” wrote a user named “Jesus Revolution 2024.” Wrote another, called Rabristol: “You must be short with no way out!”

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This is obviously a psy-op by the CIA to financially weaken stupid old people, the destined vanguard of the second American Revolution, before the inevitable civil war.

That way they won't afford as many guns and will be overrun by machete wielding Antifa immigrants.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

FreudianSlippers posted:

This is obviously a psy-op by the CIA to financially weaken stupid old people, the destined vanguard of the second American Revolution, before the inevitable civil war.

That way they won't afford as many guns and will be overrun by machete wielding Antifa immigrants.
Maybe 50/50 that and them just getting grifted by their own kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
GME/AMC/BBY was funny but this is amazing