Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If I hire you to trim a tree, or really do anything, and at some point your chainsaw blade touches me without my explicit request, you are getting a very bad review on Google Maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is she dipping a chicken finger in soda?

Please, that is a “boneless wing” or “tender”, and priced accordingly.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Planet X posted:

If being in PYF means less lovely multi page details I'm all for it

the whole loving subforum is called "Derail Valley"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Somewhere I have a well-reviewed British book about beer (Michael Jackson, I think), and the only thing I remember about it is that Budweiser got an ok-to-good rating as an example of Pilsner. Maybe just the export? I think the real lesson here is the Pilsner is just a lovely beer varietal.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I didn’t even notice the mushroom stuff…but maybe it affected me subliminally!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

freeedr posted:

When my hospital was setting up the new EHR system I was one of the super-users tasked with getting in and seeing how it needed to be customized for us etc.

I never remembered this until I saw it again, but on setting up my profile for the first time years ago I typed a bunch of stupid poo poo in the “About me” blanks of my profile and then immediately forgot about it because it never popped up again.

Today I found it again. It’s the patient-facing profile that people have seen when I have been messaging them with results, help, etc. for years.

Oops.

My wife is one of the Epic trainers for her hospital, she’s going to love this.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

he worked really hard on that one too

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Knormal posted:

Are you using Firefox? A lot of sites see their built-in tracking protection as ad-blocking. If you turn off enhanced tracking protection from the little shield up by the URL it'll fix it, if that's the cause. But enjoy your tracking ads.

Oh man it’s going to be great if they start banning Firefox users for having tracking protection turned on. The advocacy folks at Mozilla live for poo poo like that. :getin:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Platystemon posted:

Technically Chrome is based on Safari, not the other way around.

No more than Safari is based on khtml at this point, really.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Baron von Eevl posted:

Didn't she also run a competitive poly harem with all the c suite guys like a horny version of that Kmart exec who destroyed the company by having stores sabotage each other?

Yeah but that doesn’t make up for all the bad stuff she did.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Soul Dentist posted:

Nice of the receiving corps to let an O lineman hang with them at practice

he picked it up so delicately :kimchi:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Alucard posted:

Not a huge fan of Buffalo style pizza

endurance chefs do what they’re best at

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Non Compos Mentis posted:

You have a wikipedia page?

I assume OP was reading mine

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SyNack Sassimov posted:

You assume OP WERE reading yours :eng101:

Nope, not contrapositive!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Brawnfire posted:

I call it a "pork Swiftie"

That sandwich post was a misrepresentation, I believe.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

First time looks like an unsafe lane change if there’s a motorbike coming in it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Issaries posted:

The first bike was speeding between lanes and overtaking cars on both sides. second one too.

Fair enough! I don’t know enough about the law wherever to say what is required. I think lane-splitting and overtaking is legal in California, for example?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FreudianSlippers posted:

If they're so cool they wouldn't all be dead.

they were optimized for being awesome, not being forever

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My daughter just made a short documentary video extolling the virtues of pigeons for a media studies class, and I am reporting this thread to her for retribution.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

steinrokkan posted:

Ok, ok, there are in fact three acceptable pours for the various beer that's worth drinking

Which one of those is a flat white? I always get them mixed up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When I read a description of this in another thread it included the exquisite phrase “reylo esports alternate universe” and I just wanted to let everyone enjoy that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I wonder if anyone has calculated what the last purchase price was for each of those, in USD at the ETH spot rate at the time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Air Skwirl posted:

Even then the people who lost their shirts in it had real physical tulips that didn't randomly get stolen by the truckload.

I think actually they mostly had rotten tulips bulbs that were stored in some facility they had never been near, and that they never saw physical tulips at any point. Tulips were mostly traded as securities and derivatives (which is why they were able to be traded so quickly in the heat of the bubble; nobody had to wait for shipping before selling them on to the next sucker).

And I’m 100% certain that some of them bought tulips that did not exist.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CainFortea posted:

Fancy prom asks absolutely were a thing in the early 90s, you just only heard about them or saw them if you physically ran into the thing they were doing.

Yeah, I remember seeing them in 93/94/95 for sure.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CainFortea posted:

What? Are you not a large enough testicle to just click on a link?

they don’t work when clicked on iOS unless I send them to VLC, even

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CainFortea posted:

If you don't already have the player to play it, the awful app isn't going to be able to either.

I bet if it got auto-embedded it would work, because discord’s content selection would work better.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I use the ! iMessage reaction for ambiguous support-or-alarm cases

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

SA project to get this goon some real pants??

I’m unironically in. Where do I PayPal?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hyperlynx posted:

Speaking of bad ladders:

Going to have to send a squad of marines out to retrieve that, like in bulletsponge’s story (I think it was his). Hope there are no casualties!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

credburn posted:

I don't mean to sound like such a boomer but... it's a few seconds of a scare. When I was a kid, my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me.

that’s not a throwaway anecdote, friend, that’s testimony

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I feel like there’s an important difference between “teasing” and “terrifying”, but maybe I just grew up soft.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I tease my kid about all sorts of stuff, there is no trauma from it, and no fear involved of any kind as far as I can tell. It’s just callbacks to dumb stuff she did growing up, mostly.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I read a transcript of a podcast episode I was a guest on, and wow did I feel those verbal tics in the deepest part of my shame centres

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

caspergers posted:

Call me stupid if you feel like idc

OK, OK, everyone form an orderly line. We’ve got a lot to get through and nobody wants to stay late.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah the monologue has to be great.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FreudianSlippers posted:

I keep hearing about people like this and it's strangely common for being the most unrelatable thing I can imagine.

Why read about them?

Curiosity about them, in my case. People make Saw references and I’m never going to watch them, so a summary is interesting.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Inceltown posted:

This boils down to how well you think you can invest the money you have vs how much interest you will get charged on a loan.

In this case I’m pretty sure that it’s more that his comp package is mostly stock, and if he were to sell $44 billion of Tesla stock to finance the Twitter purchase, he would tank the stock and gently caress himself because that’s where most of his wealth is.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mr. Nice! posted:

The comp package is all unvested option grants so it is trivial to rescind.

What does that have to do with him wanting to borrow money to buy Twitter instead of paying for it out of his own assets?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I thought referendums were binding and plebiscites were non-binding, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

wash bucket posted:

Kinda like tricking someone into thinking their house is on fire by setting their house on fire.

Gotta be honest, I’d be fooled by that.