Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Dry brine the turkey over night then stuff it with vegetables, cover it in butter and oil and cook it at 500 for 30 min then put foil on the breast and turn it down to 350 to cook for like two hours. Perfect turkey every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You salt all your food for twelve hours?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The term dry brine dates back to at least 1910 and has been used in the meat curing industry since. It only became popular as a culinary term in the last twenty years.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I remember reading a story of a woman who drove out of a parking lot with someone else's car because they were the same color and had the same key.

There's only like 6 keys for each car model so it's a dice roll if yours works in someone else's ignition.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

We also share 90% of our genes with cats, so I'm not sure that it's the meaningful measure of behavioural similarity that you're implying!

Yes people are also destructive assholes.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Investment firms are making too much money on tax breaks from unrented property for anyone to actually push for home ownership.

Now that'll be $3000 a month for a 2bed/1bath in Murder Row.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There is something about barricades that makes people rush head long toward whatever is behind them. It just seems to be universal.

There's plenty of videos of people ducking caution tape to face plant in wet concrete.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

davidspackage posted:

Gorillas, who I assumed don't need so much bite strength, are actually at 1300 psi, like bull sharks.

They eat like 35 lbs of bamboo a day. Even if they go for the softer bits that is a ton of chewing.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

Gorillas don't eat bamboo. Are you thinking of pandas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnOrp4gcwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I would simply not live where water will freeze on its own accord.