Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Humans have a huge weight and size advantage I've a goose. The only reason a goose wins a fight against a human is that it gives its all, while the human doesn't want to hurt the goose. Birds that fly are hollow boned and fragile.

Don't fight an ostrich or cassowary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

That reminds me of the weird viral trend last year of "aftermath" videos from trying the Grimace shake. What a magical time wakes up covered in blood with completely black corneas

Last year? My friend, that was only 5 months ago.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

With studios removing content and writing it off for taxes, the media becomes completely inaccessible by legals means. Especially if it was never released on physical medium. Piracy has saved a significant amount of art from being lost forever.

What we really need is a system where like how if a trademark isn't defended, it goes away. So if you are no longer offering a product for distribution, then you can no longer claim copyright on it. If you remove a product for a tax write-off, then it becomes public domain.

This will never happen, but it needs to.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I had a collection of thousands of mp3s 20 years ago, and that collection is still around and has grown to hundreds of thousands. Every song properly tagged, sorted and rated.

If a band i like releases an album, I will buy the digital version and add to my collection. Then it is mine forever to listen to.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

A lot of that depends on if you're motivated to actually hurt the animal. A goose is like 20 pounds and has fragile, hollow bones. You can easily beat it in a fight.

But in reality, people lose to the goose because the goose is giving it's all, and the human doesn't actually want to hurt the goose. Weight class matters a lot. I mean, it's just an animal. You'd have to be pretty sick to actually try to hurt most of these animals. A cobra would probably result in you killing each other. 0% of people could be a lion, gorilla, elephant or bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

holtemon posted:

Oh that poor kid I shouldn't lol but come on

Peer pressure is no joke