Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Takes No Damage posted:

e:

Bike tires are pretty strong along their surface, but a child can bend one in half laterally. Once I was trying to ride in the rain and my brakes got wet and went completely out. A fellow biker was coming the other way and the same thing happened. We slid directly towards each other at about 5mph both impotently slamming on our brakes and turning our front wheels to absolutely no effect, and he ended up running straight into me as I had my wheel turned 90 degrees. Caved it in half like it wasn't there :(

Not if its a semi decent bike wheel it wont (i presume you mean wheel, not tire).

You'd think a cop bike, of all things, should be built fairly tough given hes going to have the expectation of riding down steps etc. Any non crap bike wheel (even a lightweight road wheel) should be capable of...turning. Which is all that cop was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

The rim is a wheel, wrapping it in a tube and rubber makes it a tire :eng101: And he isn't just turning, he's starting to turn while almost sideways up an incline which shifts all the weight/force to shear perpendicular to the wheel:

As others have pointed out, this is pretty much all wrong. No semi decent bike wheel should bend in that situation, even with a fat cop on the bike. Even a decent lightweight road bike wheel, let along a "mountain bike" (I use that term loosely) like that. As others have said that's barely a step up from a lovely Walmart bike.

See videos of people doing trials on road bikes for examples.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Big big fan of the guy running up to "help" then immediately making the problem far far worse. Brilliant effort champ.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Nobody Interesting posted:

ooh! I've seen this before but not realised it's my home town til now. British cops are poo :allears:

Hadn't spotted the spinnaker tower in the background there.

Looks like he just yanked on the front brake. What an elite cop.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Skill issue.

Get good at bunny hops.

He tried, but was a fraction too late

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Is Mr beast the Prime energy drink guy?

:corsair:

I think that was...KSI?

I do not know who KSI is. Now that the craze has ended I see that those drinks are now cheap. I'm still not tempted to try one.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Oh nooooo

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Inceltown posted:

You can have a thread title in your honour for this service.

Yeah that's pretty fantastic.

I'm still struggling with the dad that let their child try and ride an actual sealion from pages ago. Christ.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

So if I get this right the old dude goes in...slaps/grabs an electric eel for reasons. Passes out. Comes to. Kicks electric eel as he is angry. Frees eel.

Not the most sensible course of action but ok

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Looks like it it might be an area for practicing driving? Lot of weird placements of stuff.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

credburn posted:

I often feel that some of these are edited to cut off at this moment because it can land as a sort of funny punctuation? But it leaves me so worried. I wish they wouldn't cut it for "comedic effect;" I want to see if the kid didn't break his neck :\

edit to clarify: I'm not that interested if the kid didn't break his neck, but I am left with a feeling of unease, rather than comedy, which I think is why these things are sometimes edited this way, but maybe I'm overthinking

I doubt he broke his neck. But the poor little fucker likely messed his face up good.

Having done similar things multiple times at a similar age ...

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

I also think they kinda dumb, but the amount of hate it gets here is a bit weird. And not only that, theres a lot of hate for cyclists itt too, for example

They can really be a problem for disabled people, blocking pavements/sidewalks etc. They can really be a problem in some places - so i can completely understand why some people hate them.

Again, its not so much the tech, its the people using them. People are assholes.

But yes, we do need to transtition away from all cars all the time, and they are part of that. I fully imagine that cities/governments have gone about it in completely the wrong way in some places.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Skipped ahead, still going.

No one wins this argument. Just be good to people guys.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

credburn posted:

Don't you guys just use toilet paper? I've been in plenty of stalls where someone just, I presume spits on some toilet paper and attaches it to the gap. Wet toilet paper is a strong fuckin adhesive.

edit because of snipe: we're talking about people using duct tape to obscure visibility between the stall door and the frame in public restrooms.

What the christ America

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Literally the first punch drops him. Amazing.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

CainFortea posted:

If you watch to the end when she drives out of the store you can see the brake lights come on once she's clear of the building

Love that. Didn't even think of braking until she had driven through an entire building.

You don't see so many of these from Europe as automatics are still relatively rare. Stick your foot down like that and it'll just stall - going to see more as hybrids get more popular though, so that'll be fun.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Christ cats are stupid

Edit: oops more posts. Still. Cats are stupid. I have two and there is nothing going on up there

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Why is your schad always videos of young women falling down

Pretty odd comment to make on a post that has a guy falling down on it. And a quick look back through their posts in this thread has a pretty equal split of genders.

You're being weird.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

This thread is about 6 posts away from arguing about Sinti-Roma in a veiled way.

Pull up!

Is it? It's been a pretty sensible discussion so far.

Edit: Argentina had a chance of at least getting part ownership of the Falklands once but then they invaded and hundreds of Royal Marines/Paras died getting it back so thats that.

Roblo has a new favorite as of 00:56 on Feb 22, 2024

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

If this is another scam I will not stop laughing

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Genuinely love the oompa loompa lady. She seems nice.

All the actors made an effort, actually, even though they know quite quickly the weren't getting paid. Even the horrifying mirror person.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

that's

how I want

TO BE

Actually impressed it was able to jump a wall that high, thought one of the Cyber Truck's defining characteristics was the total lack of anything that could conceivably be described as 'truck'.

Give something enough speed and you'd be surprised what it can climb

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Dick move

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Jen heir rick posted:

Cool response. Why are you being a jerk?

Because they admitted to knowing nothing about the subject but weighed in anyway?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

If you tried that with either of mine you'd lose an eye. Cats make it very clear if they don't like something. That cat is chill as gently caress. Good cat.

(Mine are also good cats. They just don't like being picked up and are somewhat grumpy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Oh come ON no one is this stupid. aarrgh