Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

According to bird law that person is now divorced.

According to bird law that bird is now married to that lady's husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Now recreate Blues Brothers with kpop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFjB1qCxtfU&t=42s

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It was the first tree on the Moon.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
what the gently caress is star wars?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Trying to get sympathy at Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/18isfk7/hey_everyone_mason_here_about_my_ban_and_how_im/

tl;dr: "It's not fair"

quote:

I feel like I should write something down somewhere, and since I think twitter only does threads and you have to view each thread, I feel like it's a bit messy and this may be a better place for it. Everyone is entilted to their opinion.

Hey everyone, masondota2 here, Valve tonight perm banned my dota 2 account. I have no idea if that means I can never play Dota again (if they will ban every account I play on from here on out), but I hope that isn't the case. Onto why I was banned and how I feel.

About a month ago, I kept having very varied player behavior score reports, sometimes I would go up to 8k and be able to use my mic and coordinate with my team and it really gave me a good feeling, I felt like I was winning more too and it was just overall a more pleasant experience to play tryharding to my fullest capabiltiies, but usually soon after I would drop below 8k communication score and unable to use my mic. I found games to be much harder to play and win and much less enjoyable when I couldn't try as hard as I wanted to. Using my mic and just communicating is an integral part of Dota, especailly as the game has become more team oriented over the last few years.

This made me upset and even though at times I truly tried everything in my power to be "PMA" or simply non inflammatory (never typing or doing anyhting like pinging my allies when they make mistakes), it seemed like my behavior score kept dropping no matter what I did. I soon went to 7k score, to 6k score, and then right below 6k, 5950~. MOST OF THE TIME (I'm not perfect and never will claim to be) I genuinely believe I was trying to be a decent teammate, there were even times where someone in my team would call me dogshit or blame me for no reason and I would just say "yeah that was my fault, my bad, but just keep playing", or someone first picking carrying, never engaging with the game, and no1 flaming or saying anything to them and they would just give up over 1 death and I wouldn't even say anything like "report this guy" or "you're so bad at carry why'd you take the role". Imagine this over dozens of games, I just got incredibly frustrated with my inability to talk to my teammates or that I was in some shadow pool. Everyone seemed insanely toxic and there seemed no escape. I wasn't enjoying my games very much.

Out of frustration and trying to be a good guy for most the of time and it seemingly having no effect (in fact, my comm/behavior score was DROPPING during this time), I decided to buy a behavior score boost. The booster did about 1 day/10~ games or so and I believe I received 200 communication score. I went from 6k~ to 6.2k~. After 1 day of this, I decided I didn't really want to do this, I'd rather just play dota 2 and whatever happens to my behavior score happens to it. I made a mistake in trying to fix my problem through someone else, I admit that, and while I can sit here and say things like "it was only 9 other people who wanted the same things in those games, no one was hurt/games ruined" or "my communication score didn't even change, I stopped it before I gained 2k+", I still did do something I shouldn'tve and I do apologize. I apologize because whether I like it or not, I'm a streamer and my actions are seen and heard by thousands of people, and if I show them this is ok and this is how you deal with your problems, I've failed. This is absolutely the wrong way to deal with your problems.

I've played Dota for 13 years. I have never once cheated, never abused a bug, never abused any sort of MMR tricks (language queue, feeding for someone else, etc)... I care about the integrity of the game, Dota is a game I truly enjoy and appreciate. Hell, I don't even smurf because I just don't like playing vs people who are much worse than me, I don't think its fair to them and I don't think it's a good use of my time. I love the competitive aspect of Dota, infact, it's what led me to do this behavior score boost thing, I just wanted to play good games again and be able to talk to my teammates so we could do the most we could to win. I'm not trying to justify it, absolutely not, I'm just trying to show you what went on in my mind.

Over the past month, I've been doing really well in my games and trying harder, sadly my communication score does not reflect this behavior. My behavior score has gonme up over the last 3 weeks by a bit as you can see but sadly my communication score hardly moves, and even sometimes goes down while my behavior score goes up

https://gyazo.com/b3f9292cf71eee3ef2a1192583048eb9 https://gyazo.com/9012c66322a53803673f3a3da7e4163d

I have 80% winrate and am trying very hard to win my games and be a good player and also be a good teammate. But I have accepted that the system clearly deems there's something wrong with me and instead of trying to fix it by using some boost or trying to game the system, I'm just playing good dota and trying my best and hopefully it goes up... or rather I was until I was banned.

Dota is a game I will always love and look at as the best competitive game to ever exist. My fondest memories in Dota 2, and honestly even my life, have got to be winning the very first Summit, going to TI for the first time, casting at The Summit (my first and only [xd] caster event), and getting top 10 on stream. I completely understand what I did was wrong, and I know it's a hard ask, but I'm asking for leniency. I have never in my 13 years of playing Dota 2 ever done anything like this, and when I realized it felt wrong and was the wrong way to go about things, I stopped it, sadly you can't undo a mistake you made. I'm asking for a second chance, because I will never do anything like this again, and I never have in the past. There are no excuses, it was something born out of frustration but we all get frustrated and disappointed in our situation sometimes, doens't mean we get to bend the rules. I would love to keep streaming Dota 2 and getting back to Top 10 (no cap). Thanks for listening to me, have a good day mis amigos.
Response:

quote:

You tried to behave for DOZENS of games? That must of been really hard. Dozens of your 10,000+ games. Really went above and beyond. I'm convinced Valve, he tried to not be toxic for DAYS of his 13 years in the game and didn't instantly gain thousands of behaviour score. The system was clearly broken. What more can we ask of people.

quote:

I literally watched your stream the other day and you were flaming non stop being toxic as gently caress. Bro, you know you do this.

You are toxic for years and years by choice and now you don't have a choice. You rationalized it by saying it was a character, for the memes for the stream whatever. Now you actually can't play you are all of a sudden changed?

Nah bro, it doesn't work like that. You boast about other income streams that you have, looks like you now rely on them.

I hope you find fulfillment in other ways.

quote:

You actively contributed in making the game the toxic cesspool that it is. Then you cheated to get around the punishment designed to help the game become less toxic. Now you’re crying because you got caught and punished.

None of this sounds a little ridiculous to you?

100% deserved

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Biplane posted:

We had something similar in Norway that I can't for the life of me remember what was called, but you had to pedal a little bike/float down a hill and a jump and try to get it across a small body of water. gently caress me what was it called?

Ættestup

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It might be confusing to us, but that's actually how you're supposed to drive.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CloFan posted:

John remembers the first time[.] He was standing over the toilet to pee when the trajectory of his stream felt off. “And I’m pissing all over the place!” he tells me. “I’m not used to peeing being dangerous. I’m used to it going right there. I’m having to adjust for those three inches.”

Just get a three inches longer dick, idiot.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Ban every Australian C word.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's pretty normal to use toilet paper on your gap.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The Soul lives in the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Some knee jerk reactions here.