Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Goodbye schad thread. Now that's it's gone from GBS I will rarely see it and therefore not contribute often.

It was a good 4 year run.

:smith:

Can you not bookmark it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Planet X posted:

If being in PYF means less lovely multi page details I'm all for it

Near the beginning of the last thread I did a bit where I pretended to have a white board where I wrote down everything that goons threatened to fight. The one before it was mad af about seagulls for a while, for example. The list I've written down so far is justv

- Capybaras
- Clams

I hope to continue this into the future. I'll be watching.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Log082 posted:

Just go ahead and put geese on there pre-emptively. There's always at least one goon eager to tell everyone how they could totally gently caress up a goose.

Geese was definitely one of the reasons I started the gimmick.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

tehinternet posted:

someones never looked at horse legs

Wouldn't you be able to figure it out by looking at giraffe legs then

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Somewhere I have a well-reviewed British book about beer (Michael Jackson, I think), and the only thing I remember about it is that Budweiser got an ok-to-good rating as an example of Pilsner. Maybe just the export? I think the real lesson here is the Pilsner is just a lovely beer varietal.

Sure it wasn't Miller Lite, the pilsner?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's a really good flavor but we're mother loving Baskin Robbins over here

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
There's way more derail here but significantly less people insisting that schadenfreude content is just Ow My Balls videos so it's a wash for me

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I love the personal schad

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If all the people that whined about derails actually posted schad, the ratio would be better.

See that's exactly what I'm talking about. "Posting schad" doesn't have to be inlining an America's Funniest Home Videos clip to be thread relevant

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Hippocrass posted:

Do they not have loving ladders in Russia? Jesus Christ that almost turned into a wedding reception.

We're still a ways from America firing knife missiles at it though?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Shaddak posted:

Technically, they are berries!
:science:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
JK Rowling outed the Whomping Willow as trans and some gammon found it and chopped it down. Just regular British stuff

E: Outside of the Northunberland region of the UK it's just called a sparkling snipe

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Vlaphor posted:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s0zkg2EXMi1w5pr9j.mp4

I would not want to be that bird in the morning.

Boy howdy what a lovely thing to do to an animal

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just laughed at a guy getting shot so my day's going weird

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hot chicken

Pepper peckers

Avieños

Capsaic-hens

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Trams usually have incredibly loud horns as well. But it doesn't matter because some idiot is going to ignore literally every signal in the world at some point

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Furious George posted:

This is why every tram should be limited to 2mph and have a man with a red flag walking in front of it at all times, it's the only way to ensure safety

Make it pedestrians as well and I'd be all for it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Cop on a bike in a skate bowl. Bike go boom

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

freeedr posted:

When my hospital was setting up the new EHR system I was one of the super-users tasked with getting in and seeing how it needed to be customized for us etc.

I never remembered this until I saw it again, but on setting up my profile for the first time years ago I typed a bunch of stupid poo poo in the “About me” blanks of my profile and then immediately forgot about it because it never popped up again.

Today I found it again. It’s the patient-facing profile that people have seen when I have been messaging them with results, help, etc. for years.

Oops.

Yeah what an embarrassing typo lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

I so wanted to see where he was from but it's a little too blurry

That's 100 percent a Florida licence plate, unless you were trying to find the county on there which I can't help with

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Fun, but a lot of people who work either don't need exercise to go with their manual labor or can't show up sweaty to work. Or maybe there's any kind of precipitation outside that would make getting/being there miserable. Or they live in a place where they can't afford a safe place for their gear so the bus/train is the only option. Or literally don't have legs. It's great to have bicycle infrastructure, but also pretending three hours a day on any commute is something to strive for is pervert poo poo

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Schadenfreude: I actually fell for the bike derail and now I'm being shamed for not having a weather machine

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ror posted:

I use both car and bike but I play both sides by always riding and driving like a total rear end in a top hat so I’m always coming out on top

This is the :911: way.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

They call this the "Dutch Commute"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I can't until a regdate 2023 poster starts ending derails with big blocks of content from tumblr and everybody quietly celebrates their return

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Flyinglemur posted:

In conclussion,

The Final TBI

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Zopotantor posted:

You could call it "small golf" or "tiny golf". No, that doesn’t sound right, give me a moment, it’s on the tip of my tongue…

Just the putting part of it. Putting over and over again. First you putt, putt again. There's something here...

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If it's not an eight foot bed (that never has to be made) there's nothing I like about a pickup, man.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Mauser posted:

personal schad: searched all over the house for low battery chirp on a smoke detector, couldn't find it, texted the neighbors, they didn't have anything going off either, took the trash out and hear it clear as day coming from the alley somewhere or a building behind. day three of the chirping and still unable to locate it outside

Oh mannnnnn

I had a low battery chirp I couldn't find, back when I had a dog that would get progressively more and more stressed by the chirp until she would give herself diarrhea and tremble on the ground. Turns out it was in a crawlspace under the house I was renting that the new owner didn't even know about. It was a miserable week

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I drink at least 800mg of caffeine a day in cold brew form, and it feels good as hell. But give me an energy drink, caffeine pill or something synthetic like that poo poo and I'm tweaked for drat sure

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah I'm also spreading that caffeine around like 15 hours, rather than just chugging 64oz of brew to the dome. I think the sugar might be as harmful to most people anyways

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ror posted:

what happened to this country time

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

AvesPKS posted:

Sparks paved the way and now nobody remembers them. :mad:

Pepperidge Farms remembers, and so do I.

Buying one warm from the bodega along with a styrofoam cup of ice from the Good Humor chest freezer at the front and then sitting in the park staining literally everything orange

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Flyinglemur posted:

No love for the OG, Jolt? What's wrong with you nerds

Like it's successor Four Loko, Sparks was alcoholic

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
...copper choreboys, crew socks, novelty roses in glass, shoelaces

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I hate the front facing camera because I don't like the version of myself with torn-off sleeves and a goatee

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

freeedr posted:

Socks for huffing.

Ding ding ding

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Kratom for me was the spins of smoking weed while very drunk, combined with the strong dissociation of salvia and the sluggish queasiness of codeine

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Canada's very own Rachel Dolezal

"Eh"chel Dolezal

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My phone corrected "matriarchy" to "mariachi" yesterday when I was making a joke about the long men's room walk video to my mom and it made my joke way funnier so I think it's a plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I brought my Drake posted:

One of the genealogy groups that I follow turned into a turf war when one of the more prolific posters obsessed with the melungeons asked a skeptic to prove claims with evidence and whaddya know, the skeptic did. Or at least tried to--I quit the group after melungeon lady kept posting screed after screed.

I know a melungeon. His name is Cecil and he is hella drunk all the time, and looks exactly like the woodcut on the Wiki article. His voice is like if Foghorn Leghorn smoked a million discount cigarettes.

Uh, Cecil-based schad... Oh, so he did overnight cleaning at a bar I worked for, and he would "help shut down" for drinks. Problem was the more drinks he had the slower he would go and you couldn't leave until he did. So the night I quit I didn't have to close, and the guy they were replacing me with was closing for the first time. I got Cecil as drunk as he's ever been and from reports they didn't get out until nine in the morning.

Also one time he was helping a friend paint a rental property and he passed out while painting, and my buddy walked in with potential tenants to find Cecil passed out in a huge puddle of landlord-white paint.

I don't see him as much anymore