Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Crab Dad posted:

Separate from the video…. How are we suppose to object to this?

Will the real Spartacus please stand up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oh no, friend, Riccitiello is on a whole other wavelength of Dumbass that few can, or would want to, hope to match. He's the idiot hellfucker responsible who wanted EA to charge players a dollar a reload in their shooty games, and had a direct or indirect hand in all of their most god-awfully monetized games. Riccitiello *is* the dirt beneath the bottom of the barrel, the only way the next guy could do worse is to come up and say word for word "Y'all can eat poo poo, pay us anyway".

The other take I've heard is that (In this individual case) Riccitello is an innocent scapegoat, and the dumb payment plan was mandated by the board. Said board members include a former Twitter board member who was really into Elon buying it, and got fired for giving Melon Husk confidential information beforehand.

So "Eat poo poo pay us anyway" isn't that out there.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Soul Dentist posted:

The "fancy" restaurant workers hated you

That's part of the fancy restaurant experience.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Hyperlynx posted:

If that's not a victory by TKO I don't know what is

TCO

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

"But in a tweet late Tuesday afternoon, Musk wrote, “Never incorporate your company in the state of Delaware.”"

Isn't that what Delaware is FOR?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Me either, but yes. Pretty much every big American company is technically based out of Delaware (Has a PO Box there) for reasons. I forget if they're tax reasons or rights or what.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Quid posted:

It's good but am I reading that right, only 5.7% of the population voted? Is that normal for them or is a referendum some sort of unique situation to explain such a low turn out?

A referendum is a non-binding public opinion poll run by the government. The turnout means 94.3% of Parisian voters didn't care enough about the parking fees to express an opinion.

Though 54% in favor makes it more popular than Brexit, so if it's what the government wanted to do anyway, full steam ahead!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
No, shoes have soles. That's why when they come off, they're dead.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They understand the basic fundamentals "All the money to one person through market manipulation, it's not a crime if you win" they just don't understand why they're not the one person.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ommin posted:

So do you think you "own" it when you rent a car? Renting is very much an understanding that you are paying to use someone else's property for a certain amount of time that is not guaranteed to continue. There are lots of reasons to be angry about lovely landlords and high prices, but what are you getting at? Maybe I am just not reading you correctly?

They're massively different situations. A rental car is more comparable to a hotel rool - A place you know you're payinging a premium for, but you're using it for a short time because you don't want something permanant.

Instead, imagine if you needed to own a car (Even more than usual in America, like it was illegal to travel without one) but there weren't any for sale, only the rental agencies had cars and they were pressuring factories not to build more cars and buying the cars that did get sold and often not renting them, just keeping them in a warehouse waiting for the prices to increase.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hopefully he's wearing a mask, so it looks worse to the unprotected camera... though the bare hands and feet for climbing and apparant lack of harness suggest otherwise...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

mobby_6kl posted:

Just stick one of these in a bottle

I feel like this should have a handle.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Splint Chesthair posted:

All Spider-Man had to do was just wait a few more seconds and the Green Goblin would have done himself in…

He did. Rami was clearly a prophet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH