Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm a bit late to newscast schadenfreude, but I can't loving believe no one posted this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ML5ymlCFA

featuring probably one of the funniest noises ever created by man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
All joking aside, I do really hope they root out the real culprit

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Known in the publishing world as "Shoot-me-own-foot Dibbler"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SocksAndSandals posted:

Why is the gas tank open lol it looks like she got a bug huff o' dat

It's because she opened it to take a big huff of it

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I guess I'll jump on the streamer rec bandwagon:

Skinnedteen is a very funny and non-toxic one. A lot of good-natured ribbing back and forth with her chat regulars. She plays a lot of weird janky games, retro shooters, horror, etc. Puts a ton of effort into the presentation of her content. And she's in that goon-compatible elder millennial age bracket and grew up in that same early internet culture a lot of us did, so she's just as exasperated about poo poo like Tiktok. (she's been dipping her toes into simultaneously streaming on Tiktok, and has gotten banned or suspended by their dogshit moderator AI so many times it's become a running joke)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Some schad on my addled brain:

Wanted to fix me some instant noodles for a snack.

- Put the dry noodles in the bowl
- Add the seasonings
- Pour the hot water in
- <Win98 error alert sound>
- This water looks weird
- <dial-up modem noise>
- This is the coffee pot, not the water kettle

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

did you eat your coffee noodles?

I tried a little, just out of curiosity if they might somehow be good by some freak serendipity.

They were not.

Tree Bucket posted:

The <Win98 error alert sound> brain thing is a life saver. I remember staring at a toothbrush and a razor while some corner of my brain helpfully pointed out that I was about to stick the wrong one inside my mouth

Wish it had fired up before I poured the whole bowl full. But I guess I'm thankful that it at least did before I added the can of tuna I was gonna put in, too. That poo poo's expensive.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
More personal schad:

Tried to go out to get groceries, and immediately slipped on the mirror smooth sheet of ice covering the entire front of the building. Didn't hurt myself, but did tear the crotch of my pants wide open. And because I'm dirt poor, they were my only intact pair of outdoor pants, so now I'll have to go out wearing some ratty old track pants. It's not a style/fashion issue, I just hate doing it because it makes me feel underdressed, like I'm in public only wearing long johns or someshit.

Maybe this would've been better in the first world problems thread, idk

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

SA project to get this goon some real pants??

I appreciate the thought a lot (and I already received a PM earlier offering to help), but I should be able to get a new pair, which I was kinda due for anyways since these were already pretty worn out. But thanks.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I have a strictly chapless rear end

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

gently caress it, can't repost this classic often enough. Make sure you turn the sound on for full effect

https://i.imgur.com/nWEWxrr.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9FnUcyQX_s

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

credburn posted:

What really bothers me about stuff like this is (perhaps not this specific video, but ones like it), there's very little heart behind it. It's just about clicks and algorithms and engagement and ad revenue. I no longer feel like I'm being entertained; only that I'm being conned into clicking on poo poo.

If you think it's bad now, wait till people really get the ball rolling with the new Sora AI thing

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

PurpleXVI posted:

I would simply not click the bad videos.

Same, but credburn is apparently clicking on them, so it'll probably get worse for them :shrug:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Freudian slippers posted:

This is literally how I think of the past :(

That's very common in us who were born in the late 1000s

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Looks more like a baboon to me.

Turn on your monitor

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm mainly just worried about their little paws amidst all that broken glass :ohdear:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I think I was like ten years old when I heard my granddad tell that "look at the poop" joke story to someone. It's been around for a while.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Tiggum posted:

At a traditional fish & chip shop, "minimum chips" is the minimum price you have to pay for some chips. It's got nothing to do with quantity. If you order a piece of fish, a couple of dims sims and minimum chips then you get enough chips for one person. If you order two pieces of fish, two dim sims, a potato cake and minimum chips, you get enough chips for two people. "Enough" is whatever the person cooking them thinks is enough, and if you're ordering stuff that doesn't make it obvious how many people are eating then you should say "chips for three people" or whatever, and for more than two people they'll charge you some arbitrary amount extra.

Never order chips by price. I've seen people go "well, minimum chips is $3 and that's probably one serve so we'd better order $6 worth for the two of us." If you ask for chips for two people you might get charged as much as $4 but you won't get charged $6, and if you order by price they'll still give you "enough" chips for however many people they think the meal is for, not multiples of the "minimum amount" because they're just eyeballing it anyway.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://i.imgur.com/zqmdu4U.mp4

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm 41, fat, and colossally unfit. I have never just randomly pulled a muscle or otherwise injured myself by just doing normal movements. There was one time, some years ago, when I had a very painful muscle cramp in my lower back that made sitting down and standing up quite an ordeal, but that was something that developed over time. It went away completely after a doctor injected some kinda local anaesthetic and cortisone cocktail in there and had me take some muscle relaxants and painkillers for a few days.

Sure, my knees are creaky and everything snaps and pops when I stretch, but I'm very rarely in any sort of (physical) pain. :shrug:

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not trying to say that exercise wouldn't improve my health. I'm very aware it would and that I should do it. I'm just not gonna, because I loving hate it.

Nordick has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Karate Bastard posted:

"Human In the Loop"

Mr. Elon is helping me close my frunk.