Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

freeedr posted:

I am going to gently caress you up.

Are you a crab or a capybara? We need to keep the list up to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Azhais posted:

Man, that's a real shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white girl like that

So that's what they mean by "white trash".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

This is what is known in comedy circles as a delayed drop.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

So this is obviously his fetish, right?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

darkwasthenight posted:

A musician with perfect pitch is somebody who can chuck a banjo into a trashcan without it hitting the sides.

That's actually an accordion joke, but frankly accordion players don't need the heat in 2023. Banjo crimes still go unpunished (apart from the cancelled one from Mumford etc).

The joke I've heard is that the definition of perfect pitch is when you throw an accordionist off a cliff and they land on a bagpiper. But I'm OK with subbing in "banjo player" for the accordionist, as even playing an accordion badly requires some skill.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Shai-Hulud posted:

Found this on the back of a best-selling book:

Yes that's a placeholder that tells you to please buy the font if you intend to use it commercially.

Since it's a book written by a Nazi shithead it was my pleasure to contact zetafonts about it!

Out of curiosity, why were you paying such close attention to the back of a book written by a Nazi shithead?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1720243013858058436?s=20

His schlubby, casual techbro act wasn't going to cut it in court. They tried putting him in a suit and a haircut. Key word: tried.

Part of his ex-girlfriend's testimony against him was that the schlubby casual techbro act was just an act. He put it on to lure in the rubes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You gonna contribute anything to the thread besides being snarky and wrong?

A dipshit does something they think is clever and gets immediately and catastrophically owned. How does that not qualify as providing content in the Schadenfreude thread?

E: please, mods, I have realised that I just left myself wide open to a comedy sixer and that is punishment enough.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mushika posted:

Those wooden corners, gently caress

I hope not.

Anyway, Kissinger took a lesser evil piece of poo poo with him: Alistair Darling, former UK chancellor and the person most directly responsible for loving up the UK economy in 2008.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Those cars look like right-hand drive so probably UK or Australia where it's legal.

The license plates are neither UK or Australia. I did a bit of digging because I was curious myself and they appear to be from the Gambia, of all places.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

szary posted:

Is this a joke? It's in Singapore.

No? Here's a 1999-series Gambian license plate:

Same ABC1234D format, same colours. And for some mad reason, easier to find on the internet than a Singaporean license plate.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Smik posted:

That boggles my mind because if he just credited his sources and not made poo poo up, not only would he have been absolutely fine but he'd have helped the original source people too.

But then people might have watched the original sources instead of him, and given them money instead of giving it to him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SiKboy posted:

more like oldderailless

Surely after the derailing he would be oldtrainless?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

I love how this guy just gives up on existence and implodes. Truly incredible.

If he'd hit the ball it would have slowed his swing down. When he missed, he groined himself. If he's faking, he should get into proper acting because he's got the most perfect timing I've ever seen. But his kick pretty much shows that this is not the case.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hippocrass posted:

Why do idiots keep drinking water after eating hot peppers?

Fixed for you. You have to have something seriously wrong with you to want to eat them in the first place. Remember that loving One Chip Challenge thing? They had to withdraw the product after what was believed to be the second fatality.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

credburn posted:

I worked at a 7-Eleven and we sold it. They were made by a company called Paqui, which sounds an awful lot like a racial slur (??)... Anyway, the chip thing was huge with the swarm of middle schoolers who would come in around 4 PM every day. I never knew there were actual injuries but it did get pulled one day earlier than normal for promotions. I hope none of the kiddos I sold those to got hurt :\

They absolutely did get hurt. The OCC chip was rated at 2 million SHUs, which is equivalent to getting blasted in the mouth by a standard police issue pepper spray.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Catching up on the thread, and I see the Boston cop clip was under discussion again.

burexas.irom posted:

That's not schadenfreude, the slide ended up getting arrested.

Don't worry, the finding was that it was a justified chute.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

Would he still be in Naked Gun in that timeline?

No, Arnie would have got that role.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Thank you

edit: now what I dont understand is why he needed a loan to buy twitter when his salary is 56 billion
edit 2: in my defense: I knew CEOs get paid, of course, I didint know it was called "compensation package" and while I do know CEOs get a lot of money, 56 billion seems unreal for a paycheck to me

It's called a compensation package because if it was called a salary, more people than you might start thinking that this was just a convenient fiction. This group would include the tax office.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

People shouldn't punch horses imo even if they are cop horses

All clops are bastards.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Xun posted:

In Europe this is very normal

Trust me, nobody here thinks that's normal. Even the Finns don't, and you should see what they call liquorice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

Remember when you had living relatives who were alive before cars and planes were around? That's you now

No. And just to add some homegrown schadenfreude, I'm nearly 50 and my gran had my mother when she was 41. So how old you must be is something else.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

mrfart posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tDE5E2K.mp4

Somewhere in Turkey apparently. No casualties.
I'll get the 'can't park there, Mahir' joke out of the way.

I didn't watch Transformers: Beast Wars, but if they didn't have the budget for the scene with the Giraffobots they should have just cut it from the script.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

mycatscrimes posted:

They are called denticles because they are modified teeth, btw.
That's right, sharks have skin covered in teeny teeth.

Does that mean they're called testicles because they were the first draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I am very glad that article links directly to Arkell v Pressdram, as it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the response.