Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I don't know why, but I don't get ads on YouTube -- instead I get 15 seconds of a gray screen and eventually "skip ad" will appear. I think I'd rather just have the ads :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
wait

a banjo in a banjo?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Haha like, okay I get the guy I guess has a history of lovely behavior but that feels kind of irrelevant to anything happening here.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Yeah those numbers mean nothing to me unless maybe it also includes how much caffeine is in a cup of coffee or something

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Seeing backwards text on videos always annoys me, but it's especially annoying when it's contrasting with normal-facing text via watermarks.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
It makes sense to have the "mirror" effect when I'm taking a picture that way; I have trouble controlling it when the horizontal axis does something different than what I expect it to. But I always flip it once the photo's taken because it looks weird to me otherwise. But I also have asymmetrical piercings on my face, it looks weird when it's suddenly on the other side.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Scratch Monkey posted:

pretending to be native spans generations but it really strikes me as a boomer move

I found out that I, and like a lot of people my age grew up with a grandfather claiming his great-grandmother was some Apache princess or something

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Air Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but this one is that she was specifically born to Cree parents and adopted by her white parents when as near as anyone can tell those white people are her biological parents. And having your great great great grandmother being Apache or whatever generally doesn't qualify you for recognition by the tribe as a member.

My grandfather married a woman from Costa Rica before I was born and I grew up thinking that made me half Mexican

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Food Boner posted:

Literally why siba inu were bred

To be eaten by the bears, surely.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I don't get why it plays twice :confused:

e: why it plays 1.8 times

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Someone suggested I use the Vivaldi browser. So I am. No ads on anything. Shrug.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
they call them yousers

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

freeedr posted:

Something I read and will not fact check:

Mr Beast gets more views on his videos than any tv show. Sponsors can’t afford to sponsor his videos anymore because that many views of an ad is worth more money than they can afford to spend.

The only thing I know about Mr. Beast is really his immense popularity. But nothing I do seems to have any crossover with him. He appears in no ads, no videos of his are recommended, etc. My relationship toward this guy is like if I had never seen Facebook but occasionally people mention how popular it is.

Same with that Tate guy. Like, half the world seems to adore him, but the only thing I've heard of him is from goons who tell me he's super popular with kids and also involved in human trafficking -- which always seems to be like a secondary thing I feel like that should be what he's most known for.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

carrionman posted:

The only person I know who actually likes mr beats also spent $200 on a "plug in fuel saver" that's just a led that plugs into a USB port. Which tracks for my opinion of his fans.

I mean isn't his fans mostly made up of the like 8-15 demographic? Kind of harsh opinion to have about a bunch of kiddos.

Surely Mr. Beast is a good alternative to the Tate guy

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I usually see that video accompanied by some dumb text taking up half the video.

POV: YOUR GIRLFRIEND SENTS IT LOL drooling-emoji

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I know videos are chopped up for consumption but is there a longer version of the video? How is it eventually put out? What kind of damage was there?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Didn't Ben Franklin string a bunch of geese together or some awful thing

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Why is it called a cybertruck if it doesn't really have truck-like features? Specifically a bed. Doesn't a truck have to have a bed? Otherwise it's just a car, isn't it?

e: though in jailhouse vernacular, that definitely is a truck.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
That's how you present a video, with a beautiful scenic background.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Is it indicative that it's gone viral if I see it on somethingawful?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
So Boogie is a very large, sad depressed man who starred in a documentary about being a very large, sad depressed man? Is that why he's famous?

Is he famous? Is he a bad person?

You guys have left just clue crumbs everywhere.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Mom decides to come along to the concert as well. It'll be fun!

https://i.imgur.com/spGKFAq.mp4

Sorry if this is annoyingly obvious but,

what are the lyrics? What song is being sung?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
So are there joke-mousetraps? Any mouse trap I've ever handled would 100% break your finger and maybe sever it if you were to get it near one of those. They're designed to kill the mouse, not just hurt it and keep it in pain for a while.

I've just seen a lot of mousetraps in videos over the years and none of them have acted like a mousetrap.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I guess upon reflection, I've only ever used traps that were given to me by the university wherein I did maintenance so quite possibly they were just heavy duty things and I've never seen any other kind.

But seriously, those traps, holy poo poo they scared me. I didn't like setting them. They sounded like a gun going off, too, they were so fuckin loud.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

`Nemesis posted:

i have a feeling that the rat trap = broken fingers thing is supposition.

Well, it sure snaps a pencil in half like nothing.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I've been there.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

lobsterminator posted:

Maybe they could put the leftovers in the fridge and finish it later.

yeah that would have made for a real funny video

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

das hipster posted:

40% and the other 60% are liars

https://i.imgur.com/erR96dB.mp4
Not sure if this was posted before from this angle. Dude walked away, just needed a couple stiches

Is that you?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I know that when people are injuring themselves on my property, my go to is to set up a camera, not prevent injury by making the barrier easier to see or anything.

e: thanks MEME_TRAIN_YT

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Anyone remember -- I saw it on somethingawful in early 00s -- there was like, a lady who did that in a bowling alley, like the longest turd...

a goon made a gif of it

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

IS NOTHING SACRED

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I didn't poo poo once the entire time I was in Australia.

credburn has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Nov 29, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Alucard posted:

There's an extra cord attached to him that gets pulled by the guy in back to spin him before contact. It's a stunt.

I'm so used to just random rear end zooms and bad editing in videos that I didn't even think the dumb cropping was to hide the second guy.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
The white car is being rude but lol at the black car speeding up

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Why is there that sudden edit toward the end? Is there something that came into frame? Something is being intentionally obscured.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
God drat, what a gently caress

Am I wrong? Dude's not at fault either time, is he? That's wild.

e: I don't understand what the caption is supposed to mean :confused:

credburn has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Dec 2, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Lot more animals being hurt in this thread lately than humans :(

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Every time someone says they "lose" at this thing I feel like you've won. That song's a banger.

I never participated or liked "the game." Everyone just cascading in a series of "oh poo poo I lose the game." It's the same as yelling HEY EVERYONE I THOUGHT OF A MOOSE and everyone yelling YOU MADE ME THINK OF A MOOSE

That game would be a lot more fun, actually. Can we make a moose game?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Weird place for a camera, no? There's not even anything in there to steal, what is he worried about? People breaking in and sleeping in his bed?

e: I'm not suggesting the video's fake, I don't think it is, I just am really confused by the camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Streamers now take up 50-100% of the screen.