Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

cult_hero posted:

Because their suburban viewership has never actually witnessed human suffering and assume anyone of lesser socioeconomic status than a Kroger cashier to be a marauder willing to cut the rings from your fingers.

Seriously, I've never felt truly endangered in the downtown of any large city, even when people are nodding off with needles in their arms and living in tents, but a small town truck stop? gently caress, in and out, mind my p's and q's.

I used to do volunteer work at a pay by donation restaurant that had homeless addicts sitting side by side with people who thought it was a really good idea to eat at a pay by donation restaurant but the roughest place they'd ever eaten was their private school cafeteria. Watching their faces as someone nodded off on the table next to them was always fun. Someone going on the nod isn't going to bother you, they're really not going to do much at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Autisanal Cheese posted:

is that motherfucker in the middle wearing a cumberbund and jeans!?

It's a goth wrestling championship belt

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cloudflare is blocking people from accessing Discord and telling them they're banned from going to the site at all. Schad on anyone trying to shitpost with their friends.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Upsidads posted:

So that famous tree that got cut down, odds for it being for "views" is a billion to 1 right?

It was the view. This isn't mangroves taking up someones water views.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The boxing machines are sad. They learn this behaviour from their parents and perpetuate it when they go into the wild. Just endless generations who think that taking abuse from people for pocket change is a way to live.

Someday we'll find a way to reach them and break the cycle but until then all you can do is try warn your friends to stay away from relationships with them as they're bound to be toxic.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If you ever think "how can someone get top secret clearance and be that stupid" remember that Musk will have it due to the military stuff SpaceX launches.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon posted:

War Thunder, no!!!

…Sorry. Force of habit.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

At least he's smart enough to know that just google searching for something is useless. You need to add reddit to your search and hope someone real answered it rather than an SEO bot.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tazed

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cops shouldn't be tazing people and white people should not be rapping on the street.

There should be civilian tazer militias to stop any white boy rappers.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Someone who says wheels fold easy enough for a child to do it has never seen a motivated drunk person trying to kick in wheels. They bend but it takes more than a few boots to cave them in.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ommin posted:

It's fine. Oddly, cats are the only animals that I am known to be allergic to, but I am allergic to drat near everything else. Pretty much every tree, grass, mold or pollen; drat near every seasonal allergy, I nearly max out everything on those prick tests (wink). I get weekly shots and take daily meds; I was just not meant to exist in this world apparently.

Sounds like someone telling you to touch grass sounds like it should be a bannable offence for threatening you.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Was he going for the head in the second kick there because there doesn't seem to be anything else that he could have been trying for there.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon posted:

Eggbeater pedals are these things. They have like zero platform to get purchase and push on with normal shoes, let along barefoot. You need stiff‐soled shoes that snap into them, which also wouldn’t have been cheap to replace.

I've ridden barefoot on eggbeaters but that was about 1k of easy road riding on quiet streets to the shops - even that was a one time affair. Not 5 miles of single track. Even with one shoe that pretty much puts it in the easier to hike 5 miles with the bike rather than try ride category.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Aside from the previous mentioned bits, eggbeaters are fantastic at still being able to get your foot clipped in while they're heaps muddy. So you won't see them on road bikes but they're great for mountain bikes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

9 hours of riding the bike sounds more preferable than 3 hours sitting in a car to me.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hippocrass posted:

Hi, I live in Canada and if anyone thinks they can guilt me for driving my car for ten loving minutes rather than ride a loving bike in - 30 degree winters in the middle of the night they can shove their bikes right up their self righteous rear end!

#FuckBikes

Ski / snow shoe then and save the bike for when the weather warms up a bit.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Knormal posted:

Um, this guy was parodying the stupid post further up thread, not actually making fun of the car-brained.

You think someone named after a car wasn't getting involved in a car debate?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Unperson_47 posted:

I would kill for a compilation of just videos of people being brought down by hoisting a trash bag over their shoulders. It's like they fall down on a nice bean bag so everyone has some fun.

That bag is full of sharps and should have been a biohazard bag but budget cutbacks meant they couldn't get them anymore.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The link posted to was actually a link to their own Only Fans page called "ham rear end" and this was a big misunderstanding.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

PurpleXVI posted:

Hey, I thought I was the only person who used Vivaldi! But yeah, same here, not a single whinge from YouTube so far.

There are dozens of us and none of us have this set of issues with YouTube.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I'm buying my music on Bandcamp and not giving Google any money. Don't have to worry about them killing the ability to access my media that way too.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Crab Dad posted:

This was a bit right?

lol

I have a copy of all I've bought and Bandcamp going away doesn't break that.

Sucks that they got sold though. The internet was a mistake.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So you pulled it from your rear end

lmao, have you not seen capitalism before?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Fishstick posted:

The desktop client changes window title from whatevers playing to "Advertisement". Automation tools like autoit can easily read the text value of window titles, so it's fairly trivial to just run something in a loop that checks said title and restarts the app and hits Play once it sees "Advertisement" .

This is why my band "Advertisment" isn't getting the plays it deserves.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

fralbjabar posted:

Train people. Theres hours and hours of videos of just freight trains slowly trundling past on YouTube if you really like trains.

There are only two types of them worth watching though. The ones where they hosed up and are on the wrong side of a train coming the other way so it blocks their view of the train they want to see and the one guy who is hype af to go see Dick Mabutt.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Philippe posted:

Yeah, and then the cops show up asking questions and escalating the situation until whoops you're in jail.

The cred you would have in there though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

zoux posted:

I wish they'd bring back those old small toyota and nissan pickups, those things were great and they ran for loving ever.

My first car was my grandpa's 1988 GMC S-15. It had an extended cab, which meant it had two fold out jumpseats you could uncomfortably cram yourself into behind the two front bucket seats.

The technology peaked with the Suzuki Mightyboy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Peccadillo posted:

I just randomly remembered this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rBCst4hph0

I remember seeing it on TV and still can't believe it's real or if it was that a state owned channel aired it

He did, on the same show, have an Imam declare a fatwa on TV presenter Rove Mcmanus. I think because Saffran got dropped from Rove's talk show. That was real and kind of a problem, the Imam kindly removed it

You mean the Jewish guy who pretended to get married to Osama Bin Laden's relation to wind people up got Auntie to pay for this stuff rather than commercial TV?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Karate Bastard posted:

Looks like a blown head gasket to me.

Source: I've watched a million bazillion car mechanic youtubes.

I've had my head gasket blown a few times and it looked nothing like that.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Same on the never swooped thing aside from when riding my bike. Even the wildlife in this country hates cyclists.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

jeebus bob posted:

I hate to appearance-shame but she had access to litteral billions of dollars, why not spend some to make yourself look good?

Same goes for SBF btw, my superficiality is gender neutral.

The look was part of the grift. Look dumpy and like you don't care about the trappings of the rich and people will take you more seriously like you're some sort of crypto savant instead of the slick grifter that you are. SBF has admitted that to reporters.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Can't park there

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FreudianSlippers posted:

I walked past a massive group of Canada Geese on a beach in Sweden last summer. What a bunch of hissy bastards.

I've never felt as threatened and I've received detailed death threats from desperate and armed men.

That wasn't a death threat, I'm just very bad at flirting. Sorry it came across like that.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Unperson_47 posted:

This is not for everyone but I just have all my Youtube channels I follow in an RSS reader (Feedly) and then have JDownloader downoad them all and I never have even have to go to the site and I can watch videos in VLC.

Like I said, this might just be for crazy people like myself.

Our programmes may differ but the method is the same :respek:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bridge named after trailblazing female pilot passes over road named after man who didn't want her to fly.

The dude is dead and still has a road named after him though so it's not like he's hurting.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

caspergers posted:

My biggest problem with Mr Beast is his stupid fake smile. When people fake a smile they just show their teeth. It really isn't hard to make a convincing smile. Just pull your loving ears back. That's all you gotta do and it looks like a real smile. You just showing your teeth looks like you're in so much pain.

Tax for stupid snipe

ik edit: nope

Want to see some info on how he lived because that didn't look good.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

And more importantly, he popularized those ghost kitchens that sell massively overpriced lovely burgers that are always cold by the the time doordash drivers them :burger::argh:

If you're getting a burger delivered you deserve exactly what you get.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

crusty posted:

Didn't know anything about Mr Beast until today, but based solely off that screenshot posted earlier of the video titles/thumbnails I loving hate this guy.

Looks like pure "content"... no creativity, no passion, just mining the loving algorithm for clicks.

Mr Beast is the first guy to 'crack' the algorithm wanted this. While he's not the reason the algorithm wanted it, he is very much the face that started everyone down that path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ante posted:

Those pizza making robots are extra funny because like, how do you think they make grocery store frozen pizza? But those are just assembly lines, designed by actual engineers who know what they're doing. So they're efficient but boring to look at.

The point isn't to make something useful though - if it happens that is a happy accident. What they're doing is making sure that low wage workers are afraid of automation so they don't push for better conditions. People have decided that throwing $500M at a robot that makes a pizza for you on route will suppress wages more than that.