Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Birds are so cool, why would you fight them?

Signed, not a flock of birds in a trenchcoat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
And people say they don't want to get birds because "they poo poo everywhere"

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Platystemon posted:

It’s too Australian.

Here you go:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Kit Walker posted:

Animals get drunk in the wild all the time. Ain’t like the bird thought it was water

Overripe fruit doesn't have the alcohol content of vodka. Birds have very low blood volume (have to be light enough to fly) so that pigeon almost certainly died.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Brain Curry posted:

https://youtu.be/jGL7Chg0kTg

Not just ostriches but all ratites

Kiwi are ratites and I will not hear a bad word against them :mad:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I mean, if I was megafauna I'd loving hate humans as well

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

CainFortea posted:

Why?

They both think they're rugged individuals but very much aren't.

They both have an overinflated sense of self worth.

They both knock things/people over just to be shits.

They both will entrap you and then gently caress you up.

Neither of them should be allowed outside

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

How are people so careless with expensive, fragile devices?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

bad_fmr posted:

I see the sentence was commuted.

:mods:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

:qq:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Technically she's not being dragged away

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Making friends with magpies is so easy it's almost more work not to, so lol eat poo poo

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

null_pointer posted:

YouTube Premium gives you ad-free YouTube and YouTube Music. It's quite a deal

:homebrew:

Even if you pay for premium they demand you turn off your adblocker

At some point they're going to make premium users watch ads too

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Scratch Monkey posted:

I used to watch videos from some English guy with a really twerpy voice who made videos about elevators. He even wrote an elevator simulator “game”

Mass Effect or DXHR?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Air Skwirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TVzeKZ2X-A&t=317s

relevant par starts at 5:17 if the time stamp doesn't work

Having worked at a signwriting company, the people there definitely do not notice the mistakes

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Here's a sign in front of an office building that I saw a few years ago

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

I just love that the last one has the same bed length as the one before but pads out the thickness of the gate to make it look bigger

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Ghost Cactus posted:

Bad snipe e: https://imgur.io/gallery/6cWWJjS

Schades on people who don’t like pigeons.
Only bad people don't like pigeons

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Dogs are so fuckin rude, let the bear eat

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Baronjutter posted:

I don't think geese are nasty at all, I think they just are really good at vibe checks. I've never been harassed by a goose and we have so drat many of them. Even in the middle of nesting season, even with new babies, I can just walk right through them no problem. At the absolute worse I'll get a little hiss and I'll give them some extra space and it's all good.

If you've been attacked by a goose, you probably just have really bad vibes and the goose picks up on that. Same with crows.

I feel the same way about Australian magpies. Even before I started actively befriending them, I never got swooped.

For content, here is a video I took when visiting some friendly magpies in the park. Unfortunately I miscalculated and was still in the neighbouring group's territory when I crouched down to say hello, and the baby magpie inadvertently crossed the boundary when it trotted up to see me (turn sound on):
https://i.imgur.com/zDVSpnp.mp4

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Splicer posted:

I've reread this like 6 times and I still cannot understand the "plug in fuel saver". Plug into what? His car? His computer? What fuel is his computer using? Did someone manage to trick people into paying $200 dollars for the privilege of running a usb bitcoin miner?

Fuel savers are the car equivalent of the rocks they sell to audiophiles to put on top of their stereos, i.e. snake oil

They come in many forms, from plastic junk you plug into your cigarette lighter socket to metal junk you put in your fuel tank

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Air Skwirl posted:

Let me tell you about the benefits of a magnetic bracelet.

At least the magnetic bracelets don't actually do anything

Negative ion bracelets, on the other hand...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7TwBUxxIC0

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Hyperlynx posted:

You're not meant to pull the poostring because that might :nms: tighten it around sections of intestine, causing injury.

How does it do that from inside the intestine?

I cannot picture how this would happen

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Of course golfers are cops

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Oof, it loving sucked when I broke one metatarsal, she looks like she's broken multiple per foot

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
<:mad:>

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

FreudianSlippers posted:

I loathe all birds.

Never trust a feathered biped.

Check this loser who doesn't think dinosaurs are cool

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

In the pigeon's defense those things are a very different shape when they're folded up

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

BiggerBoat posted:

My first thought was, sadly, they wanted to go viral and get clicks

If they just wanted clicks they'd pull the trigger on an empty chamber

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
You don't need a prosthetic testicle, they just remove the remnants of the destroyed one and sew up the hole in the sack.

Of course in the US this still costs so much you have to sell the other one

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Elias_Maluco posted:

No I won’t google it

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

The General posted:

That's news to me. From what I had heard, all the money was accounted for, just not sent out until very recently. And I agree, middlemen are garbage.

Somebody else said administrative fees got paid out, and yeah. Welcome to basically every charity ever. I still laugh when I think about the bunch of nerds who had a meltdown when they found out GDQ staff gets paid.

At the end of the day, I just believe Jirard to be extremely incompetent and not actively malicious. I feel like even if it was a long con, after 5 or 6 years he'd have starting dipping into the funds. But maybe it took the extra week after being called out to divest where the money actually went to send it out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How many times have you had your wallet inspected?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Takes No Damage posted:

As a :patriot: I do appreciate the lengths people are willing to walk to call even just the northern half of us pieces of poo poo.

To be specific it's calling you all full of poo poo, not pieces of poo poo (although that may also be true) :eng101:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
You can disrupt the spell by replacing one of the cursed runes with an asterisk

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Mr. Crow posted:

Why is he an rear end in a top hat? Calling someone out on plagiarism seems fine, especially if its some ivy league bullshit?

He doesn't actually care about plagiarism, it was an excuse to attack her after some students criticised Israel's genocidal actions in Gaza and she didn't condermn Hamas enough in response.

Ackman also supported Kyle Rittenhouse when he was on trial for murdering those two guys, in case you needed another example of what he really cares about.

Edit: if there's any schadenfreude here it's some libs getting their wallets inspected by Republicans pretending to care about their rules, again

GotLag has a new favorite as of 10:35 on Jan 6, 2024

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Man being an intrusive creep pretends not to understand why people think he's being an intrusive creep, that hasn't been done before

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Takes No Damage posted:

(if you believe the guy)

I do not

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

credburn posted:

I don't mean to sound like such a boomer but... it's a few seconds of a scare. When I was a kid, my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me. If we had tiktoks back then I would have been a viral star.

That's awful but does go a long way towards explaining why your favourite parts of videos are the subjects screaming in pain:

credburn posted:

God drat you people (not you, probably, Snowglobe) edit these to cut off at the worst possible time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Lungs are viscera