Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Groovelord Neato posted:

EQ might've been the king of weird weapons/items but I'd somehow never heard of the bandage-summoning knife.

There's a knife for Necromancers in Chardok that summons bone chips for you to use to summon your pet.

Other fun things I can think of off the top of my head are an enchanter item called Writ of Di`zok that melee procs a slow on your target. Now that I think about it, since the spell it procs is Shiftless Deeds, I imagine you yelling out things that make the target feel guilty about its past deeds and that's what slows it.

There's also the staff from the Brood Mother that procs a nuke at level 1. It's usable by pure casters (WIZ/ENC/MAG/NEC) and monks for some reason, who have dual wield at level 1. So you can toss two on a monk and then wreck shop for the next 20 levels.

Finally there's some fun cleric weapons like Sarnak Devastator and the one mace from fear. The former procs a stun plus damage that's really useful if you want to cleric tank something (and it procs like crazy). The latter procs for a huge nuke to undead that's basically equivalent to your best undead only nuke at 44 or whenever it procs. Fun soloing spectres with that baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU