Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Hannah posted:

Why do you want to be part of Survivor? I want to push myself as much as I can — physically, mentally, and emotionally. Survivor is my favorite show and I want to be part of it!

As far as she can is evidently like 36 hours. What a badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this was the most pathetic showing by 3 contestants in survivor i think i’ve seen holy poo poo and infuriating ep watching them

entertaining tho i’ll give them that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

No heart.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Emily and Brandon so far are basically what I picture when I picture a goon going out on the island.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

we already had that in Caramoan and South Pacific, he just doesn't post here anymore

what a shitshow tribe, geez

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SweetJahasus posted:

They made it to set up the Lulu-losers joke.

It's 100% this if anyone has any doubt. Luloosers.

Jorbe
Jul 29, 2006
The best part of tonight’s show was Jeff yelling at Brandon to dig after falling on his head, and the beat of him not moving on the ground. They also had a lot of faith in those buffs to get up the wall.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Haven't watched yet.

Pony: Purple Kellie
Poison: Brando

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jorbe posted:

The best part of tonight’s show was Jeff yelling at Brandon to dig after falling on his head, and the beat of him not moving on the ground. They also had a lot of faith in those buffs to get up the wall.

Pretty cool, another take of Survivors out thinking the intended challenge.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I wish there was more camp life!
*monkey paw closes*
These people are unbearable.

Sweat and savvy is great. Love a good twist that creates more losers and tribe drama.

Howling at these losers who can't hack it. Lulu is an all-time tribe after one episode.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I like that this season seems to be setting itself up as a trainwreck already. Jesus loving christ how do you quit this early?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i had hannah on my fantasy team. thank god for re-draft after the premiere

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

njsykora posted:

I like that this season seems to be setting itself up as a trainwreck already. Jesus loving christ how do you quit this early?

looks like there's a lot of speculation on the reddit that she had/has a vape/nicotine addiction (and that they should start screening for this lol)

curious to read her exit interview

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

looks like there's a lot of speculation on the reddit that she had/has a vape/nicotine addiction (and that they should start screening for this lol)

Didn't she explicitly say she was having nicotine withdrawals?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

maybealabia posted:

Didn't she explicitly say she was having nicotine withdrawals?

oh yeah that's true, i guess the vaping part is speculation

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Exit interview is out and she did say she was vaping and using patches. Apparently the biggest thing that hit her was actually hunger.

Also apparently a member of the winning tribe (Kendra) was actually sent to camp after the challenge, interacted with the tribe and was able to cast a vote at Tribal... and they edited that all out.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Exit interview is out and she did say she was vaping and using patches. Apparently the biggest thing that hit her was actually hunger.

Also apparently a member of the winning tribe (Kendra) was actually sent to camp after the challenge, interacted with the tribe and was able to cast a vote at Tribal... and they edited that all out.

Good thing we have 90 minutes so we can see all the details

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
But Kendra makes Carolyn seem well adjusted...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ApplesandOranges posted:

What? That doesn't make any sense

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This is the idol nullifier all over again lol

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Is the claim that a player got sent back to the wrong camp after a challenge, and despite being not in the tribe and wearing a different color nobody did anything, and then she went to the Tribal Council with them too, and then she cast a vote too even though we didn't see the tribe vote at all? Like, no way. That can't have happened.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Fast Luck posted:

Is the claim that a player got sent back to the wrong camp after a challenge, and despite being not in the tribe and wearing a different color nobody did anything, and then she went to the Tribal Council with them too, and then she cast a vote too even though we didn't see the tribe vote at all? Like, no way. That can't have happened.

No, that it was part of the reward for winning

But they've decided it didn't matter so they erased it from existence

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Events that did not affect the outcome may have been edited out.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh :lol:

That makes a lot more sense. Kind of silly to edit it out though, we've got 90 minute episodes now! If it doesn't matter because Hannah is quitting anyway just show like one 10 second conversation of Kendra talking to people

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Hannah doesn’t think that counted as quitting lmao

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hannah's complaining about people review bombing her practice, but honestly, if you quit Survivor after less than 72 hours I really don't want you in charge of my mental health.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Emily was incredibly unlikeable in nearly record time. I'd be annoyed with the Alien poo poo as well but it was weird how she had to immediately talk back at Brandon for saying he didn't have an advantage (Lady he broke his head, spent the rest of the day in a daze and then had to be flown out. All you had to do was last a day and you've had the same experience he has).

She was so adamant that the other two had won some kind of advantage (and how they failed to help the camp) and even when Jeff confirmed that indeed both tribes had failed she came up with other reasons to try and vote them out. She even admitted that she was trying to get out one of their strongest players on a team completely lacking in them and that she was in fact "thinking 3 moves ahead".

It's not even really the moves that she's making (and while I think she would have made them against anyone, it doesn't look great that she seemed to save her vitriol for the Black players), it's that she's clearly convinced she gets the game. And like they said at tribal council, she's hit this so hard all she's done is alienate herself.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
as soon as I heard nicotine withdrawal I had flashbacks to Shane in Panama who had to be talked out out quitting Day One too. I guess the producers lucked out that time (maybe the only time a Survivor has bummed a smoke off the local populace?) but they really need to screen that out.

PopZeus fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 30, 2023

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Withdrawal is a hell of a thing dawg

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I mean in fairness just because both teams lost doesn't mean they don't have an advantage.

I would be suspicious that's WHY they lost, taking some optional penalty in exchange for goodies

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It was maybe weird that we didn’t see them explaining the setup and task to their team.

Also that was a super standard puzzle at the end, the kind any casual puzzle nerd should’ve been able to do in seconds.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait until next week where Lulu has to choose between voting off the lady who is angrily interrogating the rest of the camp because she couldn't see what they did while she blinked and the guy who passed out on two more challenges again.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

ApplesandOranges posted:

This is an insane thing to reveal in press. I guess it's going to be a thing now?

Anyways, don't care that Hannah quit when it means we get another episode of Emily at least. It's refreshing to see someone in a 40s season not act like a braindead golden retriever that's just happy to be there. She destroyed any chance of winning in the first 5 minutes and it's hilarious to watch.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Jeff has said he was irate at casting for letting Hannah on, but also that before social media he would've given her a lot more poo poo (he mentions he used to see his job as the audience surrogate), but now he knows she's going to be subjected to so much anyway that it's pointless. He *did* look pissed off though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

wilderthanmild posted:

I can't wait until next week where Lulu has to choose between voting off the lady who is angrily interrogating the rest of the camp because she couldn't see what they did while she blinked and the guy who passed out on two more challenges again.

Lulu is going to Lu-lose the immunity challenge and be set to take out Emily next week. But unfortunately Jeff has to call in medical to look at Brandon again and sends the tribe back to camp. Then shows up at camp later, "Well Brandon had to be medevacked so there's no tribal. Get it together you losers."

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

wilderthanmild posted:

Absolutely vote off the rear end in a top hat before the challenge liability

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How quick do we get to the, "Emily can't get any votes at final tribal, let's keep her around" strategy?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Shneak posted:

This is an insane thing to reveal in press. I guess it's going to be a thing now?

Anyways, don't care that Hannah quit when it means we get another episode of Emily at least. It's refreshing to see someone in a 40s season not act like a braindead golden retriever that's just happy to be there. She destroyed any chance of winning in the first 5 minutes and it's hilarious to watch.

She kind of is a braindead golden retriever though, in the sense that shes just sitting there licking her own rear end instead of reading the room and understanding nobody wants her doing that.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

inferis posted:

I'm sold. Lulu is officially an all-time great tribe.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How quick do we get to the, "Emily can't get any votes at final tribal, let's keep her around" strategy?
Praying for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

inferis posted:

Hmm Rob called it “walking away” and she said Rob you can call it a quit.

She’s dumb though she was still using nicotine even at pre-game ponderosa