Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

day winding down? other threads getting a little quiet? it's time to congregate here, in the evening-time chat thread.

today i had a productive day around town, and then I watched a film. and you?

i spent hours crawling under an ancient mobile home putting fiberglass insulation all up in the parts that didn't have intact insulation and squirting expanding foam into any holes that looked mouse sized

then i had a shower because i got itchy fiberglass bits in all my crevices and now i'm going to vape some hash i made and contemplate the poo poo out of things :blessed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

now i'm gonna watch Interstellar 555 and also see if i remember how to crochet :cool:

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

my aged father fell off a step ladder a day or so ago and it hosed up his back so now i'm keeping him company in ER triage and it's been five hours and he's sleeping most of the time and it's boring as fuckkkkkkk

what's a good phone game these days?

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

AxGrap posted:

Yep

Been playing this on the switch and it's a lot of fun

E: oops https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poncle.vampiresurvivors

thx AxGrap this is a pretty fun time killer, which is good since we're still in fricking triage

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

the movie was enjoyable

it's good but it's no princess mononoke (or my neighbour totoro for true gs)

eventually got my dad out of triage with a bunch of x-rays that showed nothing serious and a prescription for some tylenol 3s which is some weak gear. the guy in the next bay was getting percocets ffs!

lol seriously though just spending like 12 hours sitting there eavesdropping i heard so many people looking for opiates and the docs just throwing suboxone at them instead

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Fleetwood posted:

Fleetwood's Low-Light, Low Maintenance 20G Planted Aquariumumumum

<snip awesome planted tank pix>

I just refilled the tank so it's a little cloudy etc. the spiderwood has been set in place for a few weeks and there's a coat of slime on it. the dragon stone is two blocks that I chiselled and then re-glued to create a little canopy, then I used the leftover shards to set under plants. next step is some shrimp and some algae eaters to keep it tidy, and some short foreground plants to place in the chunky gravel

oh that's looking great! i really like the dragon stone, that's the kind of decor that little explorey fish love hanging around, have you thought about any corydora catfish? they like sandy substrates and are so fun to watch when they really dig their little snouts into it

i was super into planted freshwater aquariums like a decade ago. the only picture i can find so far is my 10 gallon but i eventually transferred all the plants + fish into a 30 gallon breeder with some serious DIY lighting and it went insane

oh i just noticed my little pea puffer chilling out in this picture -- they are so good at murdering snails it's awesome

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

had an evening milkshake. living large

i want a milkshake now

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

miso soup is so win its insane

little cubes of tofu and seaweed chunks ftw

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i read a bunch of poppers assigned reading but now i'm too cranky to read anymore so i'm going to get baked and sit in the dark listening to joy division or w/e

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i am baby and cat sitting

evening

that looks like a maximum quality cat, confirm or deny?

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

good evening. i made takikomigohan

that's good stuff. right now i'm eating pitted dates out of a fancy bowl

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

egg dishes just take a few tries to get right

its hard to gently caress up rice out of the cooker with a raw egg mixed in

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

but only if your eggs are trustworthy so ymmv wrt salmonella

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

tbh the albumin kind of grosses me out with rice so i usually separate out just a bunch of yolks and dump them on raw like i'm japanese rocky

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

it forces me to make meringue cookies of course

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

good evening. watched some anime tonight.

oh are you watching Pantheon (2022)?

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

it is, go watch "cabin boy" instead

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Al! posted:

youd think but its astoundingly het

lydia deetz turned a generation of teenage girls uber gay though

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

there's supposed to be big aurora borealis tonight where i'm at, crossing my fingers

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

my Dungeons & Dragons game went south tonight and it looks like the entire party is going to die and Vecna is going to succeed in his apotheosis to greater godhood and rearrange the multiverse according to his own vision

better keep running up that hill

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Xaris posted:

whats some good anime? a scary dog had a cspam thread and recommended yuru camp, i enjoyed it well enough and the animation was very nice and easy. some goon said kill la kill and it was alright. i enjoyed food wars as well.

that's all ive seen to date

e: oh i also watched some show about a ranch college (silver spoon hand?) or something but i accidentally watched it out of order (japanese episode numbering messed up plex) and was very confused and by the time i figured that out it was too late. also i thought the anime thread died like 2 years ago but i just found it, so ill look at that

FLCL (sub), Mushishi (trippy), cowboy bebop (dub), [b]Monster[b], Tatami Galaxy, [b]Urusei Yatsura (うる星やつら)]/b] Haibane Renmei, Kaiba (the trippy one not the fighting one), Utena, death note, you can practically date the year i stopped watching anime

oh ffs

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

loving retard cant use bold tags right

whups!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was cool

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Hatebag posted:

yeah the trailer made it seem pretty fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pApT81VLdX0

this theater I'm going to also used to show akira every december but i guess they stopped doing that due to low turnout. that movie fuckin rules on the big screen, though, and they turned the sound way up so all the crazy soundtrack drumming and hollering was vibrating my whole body. that was fun

this theatre isn't in Edmonton is it? the local artsy movie theatre near my old house would show Akira in december and also miyazaki here and there, it was fab

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

what's everybody eating this evening, i'm eating olives from the jar, big fat spanish queens

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i just drank like two shotglasses worth of olive brine straight from this bitch am i going to die

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

no way it's a really periphrastic cry for help

edit: to ohtori not paypig guy

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i got the covid vax a few hours ago and now i'm all sore and whiney mostly

i found out my psychiatrist quit practising and forget to tell me, i tracked her down to her private clinic and got another year of ativans and stuff prescribed but then she told me i'd have to look for another psych unless i was willing to pay $2000 an hour to get filled with ketamine

that seems expensive

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

this dr. oetker pomodoro margerita pizza tastes like vomit smeared on cardboard >:(

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i'm cleaning out and renovating the spare room at my mom;s house so i can avoid pressing real-life issues, it's going good good good and tonight im sitting here sorting thru buttons and poo poo and stacking them in adorable little bernardin mason jars life is grand indeed

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

reporting in to say i've been on a no-solid-foods diet since last wednesday and it blows,. just gobbling tylenol 3s and hanging around in my pyjamas eatin oatmeal

edit: and reading the captain Alatriste books by arturo perez-reverte

Gravid Topiary has issued a correction as of 11:22 on Dec 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i'm like walter white when i;m cooking oatmeal in the microwave, all these intricate little steps

it's a great way to eat a lot of brown sugar too