Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Is that games missed to injury?

:boomshaka:

and that group would still need 50 goals from their last two forwards/defense to get them out of the bottom 5 in goals for from last season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Given that their defense and goaltending is worse than their forwards, Chicago may score a surprising amount as they lose a lot of 9-4 games.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Are the Hawks at least going to run Bedard with Raddysh and Reichel? 3 kids might struggle but at least see if they can work some long term chemistry instead of the old guys who are going to be long gone by the time they're good. And they'll at least be fun trying to outscore their kid mistakes.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Huh he's unsigned. Thought he had another year in Carolina. Oh well womp.

In looking up the information I learned that Austin Watson signed in Tampa so way to go in replacing gently caress Corey Perry with an even bigger piece of poo poo.

I think he wasnt qualified because he had to have surgery on both hips.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/PrideTape/status/1711792840223703299

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Isentropy posted:

Hell in the NBA the only reason Sterling got kicked out was the very real and very imminent threat of a strike

I’ll never pass up an opportunity to post this all-timer

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I think he wasnt qualified because he had to have surgery on both hips.

Yeah. According to an interview for local media last month, the rehab process has been really tough and he’s on track to being physically able to play in december-january. Only focused on getting an NHL contract and not even thinking about going to Europe at this point.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Did former Dallas Stars prospect Ryan Shea manage to stick on the opening day roster for the Penguins as Cap Friendly seems to imply?

He was always a guy I suspected could have broken into the NHL were he to get in the right circumstance.. really good AHL performance, very smart player. Hope he actually grabs a spot in Pittsburgh and does well with it :)

**Also I'm just going to throw this out there, probably the biggest disconnect between me and everyone else on this upcoming NHL season is that any way I look at the Los Angeles Kings roster I can't figure out why anyone thinks that team is any good at all. Awful defense, unproven goaltending and low upside forwards. That's my annual post making GBS threads on the Kings, see you after the season when they inexplicably grab 100 points and lose in 7 to the Oilers in the first round.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 10, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Huh he's unsigned. Thought he had another year in Carolina. Oh well womp.

Pretty surprised the Pens didn't at least 2-way him, forwards who carry possession but can't score into an open barn door against a stiff wind are Sullivan's favorite

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

It's going to be extremely satisfying watching MLS zoom past the NHL as the 4th most popular league in the US in the next decade

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/buccigross/status/1711810339212271880?s=46

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

drat that sucks. I'm not surprised. I figured he had something because he's been looking and sounding rough for a while now. :(

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hell yeah, hockey is almost here. :toot:

Cowards. The league I mean.
Bummer. NHL on ESPN and NHL2Night were my into to hockey.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Ross Johnston claimed off waivers by Anaheim.

Lol. Lmao, even.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

The last few years I've talked poo poo about Barry but growing up he was the face of ESPN hockey along with guys like Buccigross, Clement, and Levy.. Those hockey falls commercials were a thing me and my friends in middle school and high school would joke about all the time. Parkinson's is cruel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMF0svD2Zc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2fg5PgDsd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFwzwSV9yic

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 10, 2023

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mr. Fish posted:

Ross Johnston claimed off waivers by Anaheim.

Lol. Lmao, even.

The gently caress, don’t save Lou from himself you dicks!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1711741644721074212?t=4W0SWk41yJJkpSBMVXc65Q&s=19

C'monnnnnn Peeke.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'd take him as the Pens' #6 but they don't have an inch of space to make it work

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'd take him as the Pens' #6 but they don't have an inch of space to make it work

What if they send Jeff Carter home in the process?

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Mike_V posted:

It's going to be extremely satisfying watching MLS zoom past the NHL as the 4th most popular league in the US in the next decade

MLS is probably going to pass the NHL anyways, but I'm not sure it's the league/sport to get into if you want

a) less rapey players
b) less abusive coaches
C) less homphobic/racist players/teams/fans/organizations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A rare situation where both Less and Fewer are correct.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

What if they send Jeff Carter home in the process?

such a trade would strike me with an affliction lasting longer than 4 hours for which I would need to consult my doctor

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Is there any website out there that has the NHL Schedule with accurate puck drop times for each game? I know for normal 7pm games, puck drop is usually around like 7:10, and if it's a national ESPN or TNT game, puck drop is probably like 7:15. But I'll occasionally see people on Twitter say things like "puck drop isn't scheduled until 7:19" or something oddly specific and I'm wondering if that information is readily available anywhere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is there any website out there that has the NHL Schedule with accurate puck drop times for each game? I know for normal 7pm games, puck drop is usually around like 7:10, and if it's a national ESPN or TNT game, puck drop is probably like 7:15. But I'll occasionally see people on Twitter say things like "puck drop isn't scheduled until 7:19" or something oddly specific and I'm wondering if that information is readily available anywhere.

No, because that's not standardized in any way.

We know when there's planned to be extra stuff first and so a delay but that's about it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Starsfan posted:

Did former Dallas Stars prospect Ryan Shea manage to stick on the opening day roster for the Penguins as Cap Friendly seems to imply?

He was always a guy I suspected could have broken into the NHL were he to get in the right circumstance.. really good AHL performance, very smart player. Hope he actually grabs a spot in Pittsburgh and does well with it :)

He might because Sullivan really hates PoJ for some reason....he shouldn't IMO because Shea looked over matched in preseason, but yeah Sullivan doesn't rate PoJ soooooooo whatever.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

We know when there's planned to be extra stuff first and so a delay but that's about it.

Well there’s no delays due to anything that might be construed to be a rainbow now, so there’s 15 seconds of your life you can thank the NHL for!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

This is what I'm talking about :

https://x.com/sinbinvegas/status/1711824394665033842?s=46&t=l7JovTDvoQbYADj0z1zxcA

Where do they get the "puck drop at 8:09pm" info?

My guess is either it's on the game sheet that beat reporters get or it's just some information that the people running the TV production have and occasionally tell beat reporters about.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Pre-season ends in an hour, new thread time?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In arena there’s a countdown going so that stuff is scheduled, but it’s scheduled arena by arena and isn’t distributed out in the overall game scheduling or anything.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

Pre-season ends in an hour, new thread time?

Pre-season already dead in the ground hoss

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4044175

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hockey is for everyone! Except ***s!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

This would be a great opportunity for a goalie to step up with a sweet new helmet and pads and poach some fans.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Maybe it already was a finalist for all time bad, but with Garland now asking for a trade, but where does Benning’s OEL/Garland trade sit in the all time bad trades?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone notice that the ESPN feeds of NHL games have universally dogshit quality to the extent that they don't even look like they are in HD?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

VOTE1 posted:

Maybe it already was a finalist for all time bad, but with Garland now asking for a trade, but where does Benning’s OEL/Garland trade sit in the all time bad trades?

Got a long way to go to measure up against Chelios for Savard

Or Leclair/Desjardins for Recchi

Or Roy for spare parts

Or Sergachev for Drouin

:smith:

Edit: forgot McDonagh and friends for Scott loving Gomez

stab fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 11, 2023

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

stab posted:

Got a long way to go to measure up against Chelios for Savard

Or Leclair/Desjardins for Recchi

Or Roy for spare parts

Or Sergachev for Drouin

:smith:

Sorry, but nothing will ever top prime Doug Gilmour and Jamie Macoun for GARY LEEMAN

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Rask for Raycroft

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

mennoknight posted:

Sorry, but nothing will ever top prime Doug Gilmour and Jamie Macoun for GARY LEEMAN

Thats 50 goal scorer and Stanley Cup Champion Gary Leeman sir

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

None of those trades come close to the crippling and enduring cap implications of the OEL trade, and that doesn't even include the fact they offloaded a top ten pick as well. The OEL trade was terrible the moment it was completed and in just two years later is pretty easily the worst transaction of the salary cap era. Don't tell desperate men they have to make the playoffs to save their job. Just fire them and start anew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VOTE1 posted:

There are other teams besides Vancouver.