Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
the kindl players tribune article is actually pretty good, a lot of introspection about what its like to think you're the next big thing only to see yourself become a below average player
https://www.bezfrazi.cz/stories/jakub-kindl/seventh-defenseman

although this is pretty funny, hasek using two of the worst shots on the team to get himself extra practice :

quote:

A few weeks earlier, we started the playoffs with two defeats against Nashville, which prompted Babcock to make a switch from Dominik Hašek to Chris Osgood in goal. I sat next to Hašek on the plane to Colorado for the second round, listening to him believing he would start again in the next game. He wanted us to prepare him properly, so after practice, Andreas Lilja and I took turns shooting at him. He let us place the pucks in the face-off circle and ordered us to fire at him as fast as we could. We skated across the entire rink, shooting hard and he caught everything. Unreal. He was incredibly stubborn.

clean ayers act fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
i have to be honesty, i didnt really pay much attention to the blues over the past few years, other than seeing stuff like tarasenko wanting out and pietrangelo moving on. how did they go from cup winners to their current state so quickly?

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Mr. Fish posted:

Cory Schneider announced his retirement today. He'll be blocking pucks in heaven :dings:

is he dead or retired?

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
im getting old because i still thought he was with new york but apparently that was 8 years ago

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
im probably in the minority among hockey fans but i actually really like the idea of a play in, i think the way the NBA does it is pretty fun- if you're the 7th or 8th seed you just have to win 1- but if you're 9 or 10 you need to win two games.
people whine about too many teams making the playoffs, but historically this is the lowest % of the league making it in the history of the league i believe. my only caveat would be i would want those stats to not count towards general playoff stats.