Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Wippersnapper posted:

https://twitter.com/NHLJets/status/1705630491817181695?s=20

The Jets third is out and some people seem to love them but I am so confused by the location of the striping and that blue is awful.

Edit: I guess they’re throwbacks for the Air Force but I’m not sure it changes my opinions.

It’s certainly interesting and I am always down for more whacky jerseys but as usual a throwback with modern-logo/branding always looks off. Love the gloves tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Can’t get over bussy the goalie

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

I know it's "lol hfboards" but there was a time when Devils fans there said they'd rather have Ty Smith than Adam Fox for ~reasons~

Anyways, Panarin and Chytil also went out with injuries and people are already squawking that "firing Jim Ramsay is creating more injuries!" and "Laviolette is running the team too hard in practice!" or the flip side "This is just proof Ramsay used to push injured players back out on the ice instead of letting them heal!" and "these players are all soft and will have to harden up to handle Laviolette's practices!"

love the preseason

There are enough bad opinions here, including my own, it’s wild you are spending anytime reading that nonsense. I would pull a veteran player out of a training camp if he got a hang nail.

Now with that being said, let me go through 20 different line combo possibilities….

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I turn the Ranger-Isles game on a few minutes late and the Rangers already scored 3 lol

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/hockeyfeedhf/status/1706675746930860529?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Sometimes acquiring all the pieces of poo poo in the league doesn’t pay off

lol

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

I'm just impressed Lemieux has hung around this long. If pressed I'd have guessed he'd last played in 2020.

He is very good at driving other players insane and drawing penalties. He is also very good at taking bad penalties. He isn’t a total liability offensively but is a total liability with how much he gets himself suspended. Soooo it’s mostly because his last name is Lemieux.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 27, 2023

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

So what you're saying is he could switch jerseys with Bunting and if it weren't for high-def closeups no one would be able to tell the difference.

Eh, I’m no fan of Bunting but he literally almost eclipsed Lemieux’s 6 year career point total in one season. I would rather have neither on my team but Lemieux is particularly useless at this point. Much cheaper tho!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

absolutely no need to rush him, but Buffalo will Buffalo

Actually Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I dunno I think it'd be pretty funny if the Sabres decided to rush their prospects based on looking good against ECHL players, kids from junior, and veterans winding down their careers.

Come on the Bruins roster couldn’t have been that bad….*checks*….:dogbutton: My god

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It was their 4th and 5th string goalies and the best NHL forward playing was arguably Milan Lucic.

Excuse you, Canucks legend Jayson Megna was on the ice

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mr. Fish posted:

Is Julien Gauthier cool? Because he scored a PPG tonight and that's cool. We could use more of those.

Bad news, he scores exactly one cool goal per season

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Hockey is the toughest sport on Earth but also please don’t hit me too hard in preseason

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

Quick sucks and lol at the rangers D (mostly scrubs this game)

He’s been so bad lol Is it too late to find a new backup?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Bring back +\-

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

I mean probably true for the Rangers, hah

though again there's some nuance...Miller scored 43 points last year with only 3 of those on the power play, and can transport the puck if allowed. Gustafsson had 42 points though 14 of those were on the power play and he'll likely be getting 2nd PP mopup minutes with the Rangers.

So, I don't think it's true that only 1 guy can provide raw number offense for the Rangers at least.

Also that 1 guy providing offense on the rangers backend is prettttyyyy decent.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I hope this Ska team wears checkerboard jerseys and when they score 5 guys in pork pie hats blow a bunch of trumpets and trombones.

https://youtu.be/kEE8OSetO1c?si=RAiCTxb8iMUw1tLS

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Rangers weren't close to good enough last season, added no one, got older and are the second most likely team to win the cup? Okie dokie.

:allears:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Larry Brooks is a dumbass idiot who has a well recorded history of saying dumb poo poo. Dan Boyle’s greatest contribution to the New York Rangers was him calling Brooksie an rear end in a top hat to his face on his way out. But he also has many legit contacts in the org who leak him poo poo they wanna say so someone in the org prolly wants to put the screws to Laf.

Also lol he only brings up Rempe cause he got in a fight

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mind_Taker posted:

The good thing for the Rangers is that Peter Laviolette loves young players and will certainly show patience with them rather than throwing in lugs like Dylan McIlrath and Lars Eller out there for 15+ minutes a night

Well McIlrath was a NYR 1st round pick and Laf is a NYR 1st round pick so he should be all good

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Surely no one should be saying Kaapo and Laf aren't good, but knowing that there is an alternate universe where the rangers drafted Zegras and Stuetzle instead... well that makes you wish for what might have been

You greatly underestimate NYRs ability to ruin young players!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Lol. Someone should fight that guy.

I’m still furious those dickhead refs denied us a goalie fight

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/NYR_PR/status/1710339223906144399

Looks like Cuylle is gonna make the team out of camp? Happy for him, even if it's just while Pitlik is out.

Othmann was one of the few bright spots in camp, let him go down to Hartford and cook for a bit. Glad to see the Rangers properly handling development for once.

Seemed to be trending that way. I like Cuylle making the team, he is young and full of piss and vinegar. Has a knack for dirty goals in the crease.

Pitlick may be the most unexciting, low event, basic rear end, not above average at anything 4th liner in the league so I hope he steals his spot.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

Couldn't disagree more. Four divisions and teams seeing plenty of each other in the early playoff rounds is cool and good. There's nothing in sports better than two teams seeing too much of each other and growing to really loathe one another.

Dumb, nobody needs to play a team in the playoffs a bunch to hate them. Like you really think rivalries will stop if the same teams don’t play eachother in the first two rounds 10 times in a row? So many other reasons to hate rival teams (mostly cause they are smelly)

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Oh yay for the 6th year in a row we get a matchup of NJ/NYR/CAR/PITT. So exciting!

No you see without this system the fans of these teams will start loving each other. Rangers and Devils fans splitting pastrami sandwiches. Caps fans cheering for Crosby because he has had a real solid career.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Cocaine Bear posted:

Redeed each round league wide :twisted:

Now we’re talking

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Isentropy posted:

Hell in the NBA the only reason Sterling got kicked out was the very real and very imminent threat of a strike

I’ll never pass up an opportunity to post this all-timer

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mr. Fish posted:

Ross Johnston claimed off waivers by Anaheim.

Lol. Lmao, even.

The gently caress, don’t save Lou from himself you dicks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

It's right up there with the worst trades ever made. Are you trying to suggest it somehow isn't?

Kinda mind boggling someone would suggest Vancouver is being over discussed when talking about bad trades