Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
The logo doesn’t fit the jersey. Why not just use the old logo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Koopa Kid posted:

Not to give undue credit to the Sabres but a lot of their season is gonna depend on what happens with Levi and a model like Dom’s can’t assume a big step forward for guys like that even if it seems likely. He’s gonna have his work cut out for him, of course.

The bar is so low for him to keep people happy though. Goaltending has been absolutely atrocious for a decade and it’s not just the defensive system making them look bad. They were bad.

Fans can tell the difference between an unlucky goal and a save a goalie should routinely make. Levi already has passed this eye test.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Carnie racism

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Levi has given up three lovely goals to the Blue Jackets, lol, lmao

Edit: to be fair, the defense they’re icing is pretty much all AHL-level guys but like, drat

You have bad takes

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Benson is awesome and gonna be a star. Levi is awesome and our savior. Stop calling child services on us they’re adults now!

Everyone else is rusty and sucks and we’re doomed

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Naw we have the kid whisperer for a coach

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/sabrespr/status/1710293891058926042?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Seems likely this will be the opening day roster, too, which is a choice. Also weird that they only iced Johnson for one preseason game and Clifton for two considering they will need time to get used to playing with their new teammates in a new system. Clifton looked bad the other night against Columbus. I’m not convinced he’s ready for top-pairing minutes. Greenway and Olofsson suck, too. Not sure what Donny G thinks he can get out of Greenway.

I’m not feeling super optimistic about the regular season but in spite of that I’m going to the home opener!!! Let’s Go Buffalo!!!

I’m done with the Oloffson experiment, but Quinn’s return will probably handle that.

Really surprised that UPL beat out Comrie, that’s not what I saw.

Greenway is a plug guy, not incredibly concerned. Either it clicks or it doesn’t. For all his faults he still is a good passer which is uncommon for someone of his size and that fits the mold of the team well.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ThinkTank posted:

Are the hoping to be playoff bound Buffalo Sabres actually going to start the year with 7 u23 players including three rookies?

Suffering is over

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Clifton is a train wreck. Wow. He’s going to be waived before Thanksgiving

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

no chance, he's on a 3 year deal for $3 million
Buffalo's gonna have to ride him out

let that be a lesson about signing 3rd pairing guys and hoping you can turn them into first pairing guys for no reason

I don’t get why they were trying to make him first pairing other than some vain attempt to get Dahlin and Power both on the left side

Clifton isn’t rusty. He’s awful. Just wow. Three goals against all on him. Every time the play goes near him they lose possession. He even checks guys into his own net and causes goals against his goalie had saved. It’s comical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Dahlin rules and is worth that money. He puts butts in seats

If they partner him with Clifton he is going to drool. Don’t do that Granato. Don’t do it.