Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

been thinking it would be fun to have an imp team in the next DCSS tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfpoSrCGsQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Edmund McMillen confirmed that red poop causes damage "because it is made out of AIDS" in regards to the Carrion Queen.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ivan seemd cool but it also seemed like th kind of game thatd get you killed in prison if you admitted to playin it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh wait not ivan. whats that one pervert roguelike game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elona?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hades was awesome but there wasn't enough variety to hold my attention for too long. I played it for like month solid though so that's pretty drat good. I just had no reason to keep going back to it like Slay the Spire or Isaac

yup pretty much. i played like 100 hours, i loved it, never wnt to play it again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

How's ADOM been since they started selling it? I only ever made it to the fire temple in 1.0, got a couple of mindcrafters killed in the Steam version but didn't get far.

it's good, bit easier/less grind but it's still got that adom jank

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Trying ADOM 3.3.3 and forgot how much I hated traps in this game, love it when half my equipment just explodes.

get a fireproof and waterproof blanket noob

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Doesn't help against door runes, acid traps, your longbow of accuracy is torn to shreds.

rip

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

I'm just cranky cause my stuff keeps blowing up, I'm sick in the pyramid and there are mummies after me.

drat you dont have an art weapon by the pyramid?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive lost so many good starts to major bullshit in the big room. big condolences

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i also got gnome with a wand of deathd in the big room in nethack. big rooms fuckin suick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

the genre doesn't have to be riddled with undocumented BS, that's why I like modern roguelikes

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the well-documented BS of this-a year

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Crud. Cuckmind. Poopiter Smells.

grapes melons oranges and coconut shells aw yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

time to wade into the rogue like thread and complain about surprises edit: he made the drat thread.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Cleared ToeF for the first time, nerve-wracking as an archer with no rings of ice or good artifact melee weapons but I shot those fuckers to death. Then I found this whip in Darkforge, probably should have gone there first lol.

holy poo poo good work lol, thats where all my archer runs get pwned. cant believe you did it with no rings of ice, did you find an eternium bow or somethin

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Oh I did have Sun's Messenger so that was covered lol, I was more worried about my ammo because as soon as I equipped my main stack of arrows they started blowing up every other turn. I wound up just dipping them in holy water 40 at a time and they held up better, took forever but it worked.

Don't know whether to keep going in the CoC or to do some of the optional dungeons, I was born under Book so I might try the Rift.

rift is scary as poo poo, id say maybe save that for later. youre probably not gonna get a ton out of th sinister library anyway and the spellbook guardians can be poo poo like greater molochs or ancient dragons and thats ignoring just falling into the rift and losin 2/3 of your inventory

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the axe is actually th highest-damaging melee weapon in the game, on par with the trident of the red rooster. still an absolutely fuckin miserable slog though lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

I win.

Game was pretty smooth sailing after ToeF, as P-Mack suggested. It was pretty smooth sailing before too, although if I didn't have Sun's Messenger I'd probably have died much earlier thanks to finding two other long bows all game lol. Almost got killed by the first three ultimate doppelgangers I met, then I wised up and started not fighting them. Don't know if gnomes really need the Book sign but Strength of Atlas and Teleportation were huge once I found em.

The big changes since 1.0.whatever are the random dungeons, the Rolf quest (which I locked myself out of before finding out about it), more artifacts, and more and WAY gentler corruptions. Poison hands and mana battery still both popped up but every new corruption I saw was almost entirely not worth removing, some were just pure positives without even appearance penalties.

Time to play something else I guess. Or fill up the high score list with human farmers...

poo poo dude, good work

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

help blup

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

youre also guaranteed one very good polearm if you do the blup quest nd if you take raven you get it at level 16ish. i think the other weap[on classes are better now but for a while polearms+shield were th number one weapon category hands down

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

TIL

DAMMIT

lol you put your stash in terinyo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

guy who put a bunch of free poo poo on the ground where anyone can find it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

(the main character in most roguelikes is represented by @)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

never open vaults unless youre prepared to get turned intoa greasy smear

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dwarven halls/living woods is th worst thing in the game bar none because th woods sucks but dwarven halls will kill you 100% of the time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

to the point where i'll only ever even thnk of doin dwarven halls if i cn magic map and the staircase is 1) the next room from the up stair or 2) i have controlled tele

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

actually dwarven halls ws th only time i ever got ssj greater moloched, i downstaired, took like two steps, and then instantly evaporated

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Was thinking about picking up Ultimate ADOM, which is supposed to be really bad anyway, and then heard that the animated forest is still in it but now you can only move in four directions.

gah!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

animated forest is human fuckin misery. hell like half the forks/dungeons in midgame are fuckin misery, its part of why i stopped playing. at least nethack only like a couple of quests and gehennom are hell and by the time you get to gehennom you cn usually deal with it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Trying to do the Rolf quest and uh this poo poo sucks. Got out finally but not sure how I'm supposed to get back in.
code:
............................====########################################
............................====#
............................====#
......T..............T......====#                                      #####
............................====#                          #########   #^^^#
.............T.............T=A==#                         ##..YY..Y##  #^#^#
............................====####+##+#####            ##Y.#Y#Y#YY## #^#.#
.....T......................====#......Y.Y..##############..Y.Y.YY...###^#^#
...........................=====..Y..Y..YY.YY#Y#Y#Y#Y#Y##......YYY.YYY##.###
.................T.........=====.....00YY....YYYYYYYY.YYYYYYY..YY....Y.(^#
....@....Y.................YY===/Y...0Y...YYYY.YYYYY.Y..YYYYYYY..Y..YY####
.....Y..YY......?......Y.Y.=====.Y........Y.##YYY#Y#Y#Y##.YY.Y.Y.YY..Y#
......G.Y...................====#...Y.Y.....####Y#*#######.Y.Y...Y..Y##
.........T..................==A=#*##+##Y#####   #Y#########YY#Y#.#.Y##
............................====#*##.*..#########*YY.YY.Y.Y#.Y..Y.Y##
............................====#*#..##.....(....##############Y######
...........T.......T........====#*..###..........#            #..Y..>#
............................==A=#...# #.....(....#            ########
............................====##### ############
............................====##########################################

lmao is that all golems and a wrath. epic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

blessed bloated coward

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ults are a freaking miserable grind lol, badass tht some can do it but that's not me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Golgotha is always, always a hosed-up surprise for first-timers lmfao

e: oh. oh god. oh dear god no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011