Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

dr_rat posted:

So haven't checked in on this thread for a few hours. Has Google's Death Bridge claimed any more innocent victims in it's insatiable search for innocent blood?

google just announced they were shutting it down :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Contra Duck posted:

Every time they make an interesting new service. :(

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Dick Fontaine posted:

hard pass on that one

the overpass was quite soft right before it collapsed from the fire damage, actually

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I say just nuke the whole town (except the gay campground).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bad Purchase posted:

somewhere that private death trap road connects to a public road, and the local government should've barricaded those entrances until the bridge was fixed or blocked off privately

Someone finally said something smart.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Eh, if I hadn't been thinking of the Google Death Bridge I would of just been wasting my time thinking of some other corporations death bridge.

Elon Musk has a thought: We need an X Death Bridge!

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Guys what if the private entity that doesn't actually exist anymore sued the municipality?? It is simply impossible to put up barriers.

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.
Once in a lifetime trip - 5 stars

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Elukka posted:

Guys what if the private entity that doesn't actually exist anymore sued the municipality?? It is simply impossible to put up barriers.

The people that live there have rights you dingus

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Contra Duck posted:

Google could literally just fix the bridge for a pittance and make a big public relations thing out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Google could literally just fix the bridge for a pittance and make a big public relations thing out of it

Yeah but then suddenly there are districts from around the country saying bbbut but what about this critical piece of infrastructure in my state?? and then google has to use its war chest to actually enrich citizens lives instead of investing in and abandoning consumer hardware.