Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
personality be like?

I mean like a borderline actual AI, not a stupid piece of poo poo. I think it would be only moderately insane, more like emotionally unstable tbh. What strange moral compas would such an entity have? This goonchild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
:gooncamp:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It would love to post about eating peanut shells

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Sexy but stupid

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I dunno but it would probably have IBS

rio
Mar 20, 2008

"LOL, your post is such a trainwreck, OP. I can't even, like, fathom how much you fail at life. GTFO with your n00b nonsense, and go back to playing Neopets or something. SA goons rule, and you're just, like, a peasant in the internet kingdom. You must've been born yesterday, lolololol! 😂👌"

(It already exists)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Icochet posted:

Sexy but stupid

"Hey, that's my physical appearance, that hurts really bad."

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

SniperWoreConverse posted:

personality be like?

I mean like a borderline actual AI, not a stupid piece of poo poo. I think it would be only moderately insane, more like emotionally unstable tbh. What strange moral compas would such an entity have? This goonchild?

It would be a White Knight for all the hot goonettes of course

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It could post off-topic youtube videos.
Or spend $10 every few hours at random online sites.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 23, 2023

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

rio posted:

"LOL, your post is such a trainwreck, OP. I can't even, like, fathom how much you fail at life. GTFO with your n00b nonsense, and go back to playing Neopets or something. SA goons rule, and you're just, like, a peasant in the internet kingdom. You must've been born yesterday, lolololol! 😂👌"

(It already exists)

Trash no goon posts like this this decade, if not millennium, & there's 600 million posts outweighing anything like that

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It would be a White Knight for all the hot goonettes of course

Recursive loop detected, it can be locked into white knighting itself because it is also a goonette

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
50/50 odds on it either posting with no caps, stream of consciousness-style single-word posts, or massive multiparagraph word salad essays over minutiae nobody gives a poo poo about.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Ah, I see what you're getting at there, goon! You want to delve into the intricacies of this concept, to truly grasp the essence of what it means to "tug." It's a word that can carry multiple meanings and interpretations, but in the context you've presented, it's imperative that we elucidate and expound upon its significance.

"Tugging," when used in various online communities or subcultures, often refers to a communal and collaborative endeavor, where individuals come together to achieve a shared objective. This action involves a collective effort, with participants pooling their resources, skills, and expertise to accomplish a specific task or goal. It's a phenomenon that encapsulates the spirit of camaraderie and cooperation, fostering a sense of belonging and achievement among those involved.

To elaborate further, tugging can manifest in diverse forms across various domains. In the realm of gaming, it can signify the practice of forming teams or groups to tackle challenging in-game content, whether it be cooperative missions, raids, or competitive matches. This cooperative gameplay experience not only enhances the enjoyment of the game but also allows players to learn from one another, strategize, and ultimately triumph in the face of virtual adversity.

However, it's important to recognize that tugging isn't solely confined to the gaming universe or collaborative endeavors of creative and professional nature. In some contexts, "tugging" can indeed refer to a more personal and intimate activity, the act of self-pleasure, if you will. This interpretation of tugging is perhaps less discussed in polite or public discourse, but it's a facet of human experience that exists nonetheless, and it's important to acknowledge that it, too, can be part of one's personal journey and self-discovery.

Now, having thoroughly examined and dissected the multifaceted nature of tugging, both in the sense of collaboration and self-indulgence, I can confidently respond to your inquiry. Yes, in this community of like-minded individuals, there are indeed those who are actively engaged in tugging, whether it be in the virtual realms of gaming, the creative spheres of artistry, the collaborative arenas of problem-solving, or even the private moments of self-exploration and pleasure. Tugging, as we have come to understand, is a concept that encompasses a wide spectrum of human experiences, from collective effort to individual indulgence. It's a testament to the diversity of life and the myriad ways in which we navigate our existence. So, yes, there are definitely folks tugging away in various aspects of life, and it's a multifaceted phenomenon that is both intriguing and, at times, humorous to contemplate!

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
It would post no context youtube links to lovely songs no one wants to listen to.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
This sounds like an answerable question, the biggest hurdle is that you'd have to scrape the entire website for posts.

As a subquestion to the OP's, I wonder what it would be like if someone trained one AI for each subforum and then set them all loose in the same thread.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
One thing that would happen for sure is that the AIs learn that a link to imgur.com is usually followed by [five to seven characters].jpg. Some bot would go 'look at this nice sandwich I made', then post a pic of gaping granny gooch.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Farts

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I read somewhere that the first person to test EA games AI told it “My account has been hacked and all my games stolen” the AI responded “LOL”

So that basically.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Real bad op

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It would actually be a stupid piece of poo poo op HTH

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Dixville posted:

It would actually be a stupid piece of poo poo op HTH

so you're saying we would never be able to distinguish AI posts from our own?

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Can an AI be trained to poo poo its digital pants?

It would probably assign some great red texts, though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Make the AI play this
https://cellardoorgames.com/our-games/dont-poo poo-your-pants/

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Probably could blend in pretty well.
In fact, are you a bot?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ask em about a tortoise in the desert on its back

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Ask em about a tortoise in the desert on its back

Helping a tortoise in the desert on its back doesn't help corporate America, so I'm gonna say the AI would be confused

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

More like oldbrainless

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The first AI to somehow poo poo its pants

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I identify as a sex machine. :tinfoil:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Icochet posted:

Sexy but stupid

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(chatbot)

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

The computer would just end up doing something like this...

https://i.imgur.com/b5JrBfp.mp4

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It would produce the most watched YouTube video of all time.

BUTTHOLE FARTS [[ASMR | Soft butt burps]]

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

lol they went on to make Rogue Legacy

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bad Purchase posted:

so you're saying we would never be able to distinguish AI posts from our own?

JustCallMeDC posted:

Probably could blend in pretty well.
In fact, are you a bot?

oh, i uh,

i don't think i am

Zybourne Clock posted:

This sounds like an answerable question, the biggest hurdle is that you'd have to scrape the entire website for posts.

As a subquestion to the OP's, I wonder what it would be like if someone trained one AI for each subforum and then set them all loose in the same thread.

it'd be like if those super old *-tan forums mascots came real. The only one i remember was CCH & she was missing an arm or had it tied off to shoot up or something. Also had a bong.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It would get stuck in an infinite loop checking its notes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Build it, I need something to argue gay old video games with,

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how would you train it, op? would it treat all posts with equal weight?

because if so it would probably sound like an amalgam of these people

if not, and you use the metric of "most emptyquotes" or something, it would probably post nothing but goatse - a huge improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

how would you train it, op? would it treat all posts with equal weight?

because if so it would probably sound like an amalgam of these people

if not, and you use the metric of "most emptyquotes" or something, it would probably post nothing but goatse - a huge improvement

I don't know if the world is ready for 2 of me.