Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I will never be - nor could I ever be - as tough as these 110 pound women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Should been stopped in the first

Also, I think the heatdeath of the universe will come first before Dom ever stops making GBS threads on the refs

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Unperson_47 posted:

I will never be - nor could I ever be - as tough as these 110 pound women
:hai:
Waterson owns but without an atomweight division she'll never really get anywhere

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hollandia posted:

:hai:
Waterson owns but without an atomweight division she'll never really get anywhere

Yeah, though at 37 years old and after being at 115 for so long I don't know that she can even make atomweight anymore, she's always been in a rough spot on that front.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I wish corners threw in towels more than once every five years.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

CarlCX posted:

I wish corners threw in towels more than once every five years.

It's crazy that the Diaz's is historically the most responsible corner in mma.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Did Dom say she wouldn't get paid if it was stopped in the first? What is that poo poo

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

Did Dom say she wouldn't get paid if it was stopped in the first? What is that poo poo

What? You sure he wasn't talking about some prop bet? If you have the rough time of when he said it I can rewind and check for sure

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Brut posted:

Yeah, though at 37 years old and after being at 115 for so long I don't know that she can even make atomweight anymore, she's always been in a rough spot on that front.
Agreed, I just realised I've been having that same thought about her going to atomweight for a really long time :(

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
I think he meant she would have a chance to earn the other half of her paycheck by winning

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Keptbroom posted:

I think he meant she would have a chance to earn the other half of her paycheck by winning

Yea it's this. He most likely believes she is on a show/win deal. And since she was still 'in it' (she wasn't imo) that stoppage is taking money away from her in the 0.00001% she manages a win

You also have to remember that Dom is still salty about the ref stopping his fight against CCC.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

"Don't bring a bible to a cagefight" is about to be the new "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight"

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Oh my god

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm just so tired.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

That's some ineffective use of having a dude mounted for a full minute

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

This gets stopped between rounds at the latest right? Dude has 1 eye (and not much behind it)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Brut posted:

What? You sure he wasn't talking about some prop bet? If you have the rough time of when he said it I can rewind and check for sure

It was right after they stopped the clock at :26 seconds. Dom said they shouldn't have stopped the clock and waited until the end of the round for the doctor to check her out "so she gets paid." What others have said makes sense but she was just getting destroyed with knees and elbows to the dome

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 24, 2023

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hey doc, I don't have a medical degree but I know how opaque surfaces work and I know that you can't see through them, his eye is COMPLETELY CLOSED, what the gently caress

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

IMagine this though:

Jon Jones, Sean O Malley, Sean Strickland, Colby, and Bryce MItchell as champs

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This is really loving gross

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007

lol

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

This is really loving gross

Yup.

Unperson_47 posted:

IMagine this though:

so is this :negative:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

And now for what might as well be a KSW fight (Which means it'll be good)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Unperson_47 posted:

IMagine this though:

The good thing is we know for sure that Ilia Topuria can beat the dogshit out of Bryce Mitchell.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I just hope to see the Fiziev's hat to make me feel better about Bryce Mitchell winning and his post fight sermon about Jewish space lasers

edit: Didn't realize this was a 5-rounder

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 24, 2023

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Well that's a bizarre finish

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

man, front to back this has really been a hard card to watch

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
goddammit

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007

Cursed card

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Close lightweight. Everyone can either go to 170 or 145. Division's haunted.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
What a shame. That was such a good fight.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

STOP SHOWING IT

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Well that sucked

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Unperson_47 posted:

I just hope to see the Fiziev's hat to make me feel better about Bryce Mitchell winning and his post fight sermon about Jewish space lasers

edit: Didn't realize this was a 5-rounder

All fights at the top of the card are 5 rounds now, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

All fights at the top of the card are 5 rounds now, right?

Yup, with a handful of exceptions over the years due to short notice situations, for example Fight Night Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Calvin Kattar had a 3 round main event because the main was originally supposed to be Volkov vs JDS, but JDS got an infection so it became Volkov vs Hardy, and UFC (rightfully) didn't want that to be a main event.