Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Can you imagine being too stupid to pirate your stuff and instead you juggle streaming platforms and spend time figuring out where to watch whatever TV show you want to watch? Weirdos. Like that's almost as weird as the people who surf the internet/use youtube without ad blockers.

COPY THAT FLOPPY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
If you can trivially afford it, using a real service is much easier, especially while password sharing continues to work

I fully support piracy for the poor and for the services your barely use

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Poor people rise up!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Piracy is a symbiotic relationship, without those who pay, those who steal would have nothing to steal.

Also I've seen what you buy with your money.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
less to stupid and more dont wanna put the effort into getting on a private and micro managing my up / down ratio so i get to stay in good standing. half the time i dont even know what i wanna watch anyways

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

more like steaming tv (evoking memories of a smelly poo)

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
radarr + sonarr + nzb360 + plex is pretty hands off. type in a movie or tv show and the work is done, everything is put where it's supposed to be. you can use public trackers and/or usenet and not worry about ratios at all. if you install nzb360 on your phone it's even easier and you can grab stuff while you poo poo or whatever. it owns

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i just borrowed the cell for the first time and its bretty good. vince vaughn was a hunk.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

maybealabia posted:

If you can trivially afford it, using a real service is much easier, especially while password sharing continues to work

I fully support piracy for the poor and for the services your barely use

Lol nope using multiple services is easily worse than public trackers with a vpn, or the pain to setup sonarr/usenet combo. Have you ever used amazons thing? Holy poo poo what a hosed ui that was/is.

snergle posted:

less to stupid and more dont wanna put the effort into getting on a private and micro managing my up / down ratio so i get to stay in good standing. half the time i dont even know what i wanna watch anyways

Hi dumb dumb thanks for your opinion but there's a thing called usenet, or alternatively you can go with public trackers using a vpn. So yeah I'm going to stick with stupid.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Most people don't want to bother with a bunch of finicky nerd poo poo honestly

If touching computers isn't already a hobby for you, it just makes watching shows a chore instead of a relaxing diversion

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Poor people rise up!

:yeah:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

being a computer person owns

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I do all the show acquisition for the house and sync it to my media server to stream in the living room for our enjoyment.
Why yes I have 2000iq why do you ask :sparkles:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

maybealabia posted:

Most people don't want to bother with a bunch of finicky nerd poo poo honestly

If touching computers isn't already a hobby for you, it just makes watching shows a chore instead of a relaxing diversion

Wrong sorry you and others are too dumb to pirate. Like I do understand most people aren't going to want to bother setting up a nas, but grabbing a public torrent and downloading poo poo with a vpn? Yeah they can manage that. I mean unless they're dumb. Which I suppose most people are.

Oh and the nas thing with sonarr? Yeah it kind of rocks. Sonarr is kind of poo poo (why aren't sonarr and radarr the same app?), and people upload improperly cropped files to usenet but once you get through the whole setup thing, it really is superior. Anyway lol people spending money for a shittier experience.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 24, 2023

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Duck and Cover posted:

Wrong sorry you and others are too dumb to pirate. Like I do understand most people aren't going to want to bother setting up a nas, but grabbing a public torrent and downloading poo poo with a vpn? Yeah they can manage that. I mean unless they're dumb. Which I suppose most people are.

Oh and the nas thing with sonarr? Yeah it kind of rocks. Sonarr is kind of poo poo, and people upload improperly cropped files to usenet but once you get through the whole setup thing, it does rock.

Us regular people aren’t really interested in whatever scavenger nonsense you subhumans are using. Please go back to juggling your McDonalds wages and wrestling and let the actual human race talk.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i used to just leave myself sub’d to netflix and hulu ad free when it was less than $10/mo but last time i looked at netflix, they wanted $18 and odds are i’d watch one or maybe two things any given month. might as well just buy the movies or shows outright.

i do have a big itunes movie and show wishlist i filled out years ago and occasionally snag stuff when it’s on sale for $5. i’ve used plex a bit but the experience sucked and i had to fiddle with settings and servers way too much compared to just pressing the voice button on the apple tv and telling it what to play.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

i've never had issues w/ sonarr except sometimes it fucks up trying to figure out season packs but that's it. i guess the new sickbeard/sickrage thing is called sickgear but sickrage sucked imo and what i've got now requires 0 maintenance. it just works

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Extra row of tits posted:

Us regular people aren’t really interested in whatever scavenger nonsense you subhumans are using. Please go back to juggling your McDonalds wages and wrestling and let the actual human race talk.

Oh I'm sorry you rather be hostile and yell NERRRDS instead of "learning" a basic loving thing to do. I am so loving sick of people being proud of their stupidity. Good job wasting your time and money we're all very impressed. We aren't. I'm lying. It's called sarcasm.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

there stupidity.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Shucks I caught it but not fast enough. Actually no as you can see my post isn't edited stop lying to people!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You're becoming like a low-rent Big Beef City

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You should stream some anger management, it's even cheaper than your media server or whatever nerd name you want to give it.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
Gonna agree with op. 30 minutes, a tutorial, and a Usenet subscription for 4$ a month will get you every movie, tv show and song you desire.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You're becoming like a low-rent Big Beef City

Better to be a dollar store Wizard Master than a dime store BBC

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

shazbot posted:

Gonna agree with op. 30 minutes, a tutorial, and a Usenet subscription for 4$ a month will get you every movie, tv show and song you desire.

Oh, you have to PAY for Usenet? Hard pass.

I'll just go back to watching drive-in movies from a nearby hillside.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Mirage posted:

Oh, you have to PAY for Usenet? Hard pass.

I'll just go back to watching drive-in movies from a nearby hillside.

Drive in movies rule not gonna disagree. But if you find one with tv shows lmk

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Duck and Cover posted:

Lol nope using multiple services is easily worse than public trackers with a vpn, or the pain to setup sonarr/usenet combo.

I will pay any amount of money to not have to learn what any of those words mean

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

neo-boomers itt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hack the Future

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Hack the Future

Hack the planet

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Where the movies at

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i recently just signed up for usenet and an indexer and set up sonarr and its pretty cool so far, except for when it simply cannot find a few episodes in a season. still beats subscribing to a dozen streaming services

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

NeuralLink Streaming TV

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
I did it all the time in hs before ISPs got on people's asses and made everyone afraid. But!!! I've started back up again within the last year or so though! It really, honestly genuienlyseriously is simple af though; just grab a vpn, I use Mullvad, cheap as hell, pay as u go with no sub then.... just download poo poo man.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Duck and Cover posted:

Wrong sorry you and others are too dumb to pirate. Like I do understand most people aren't going to want to bother setting up a nas, but grabbing a public torrent and downloading poo poo with a vpn? Yeah they can manage that.

I literally said I do that

But it sucks poo poo to do that with every episode of multiple shows when you just pay a pittance to watch it immediately

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

maybealabia posted:

I literally said I do that

But it sucks poo poo to do that with every episode of multiple shows when you just pay a pittance to watch it immediately

I've never done it but RSS is an option or there's just waiting for the show to be over and downloading all of it. Easy peasy. Streaming is garbage. It was okay when Netflix had a decent amount of content you'd actually want to watch, but now? Garbage. I'm also not convinced typing Cleopatra 2525 s01e01 is all that difficult, I suppose if you watch many shows weekly, but that's a dinosaur way to consume content.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
This but unironically

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

I've never done it but RSS is an option or there's just waiting for the show to be over and downloading all of it. Easy peasy. Streaming is garbage. It was okay when Netflix had a decent amount of content you'd actually want to watch, but now? Garbage. I'm also not convinced typing Cleopatra 2525 s01e01 is all that difficult, I suppose if you watch many shows weekly, but that's a dinosaur way to consume content.

That show rules

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ZRSwul7cE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i just steal dvds from the video store. if i want to watch a show or some streaming thing, then I steal a dvd of it from the streaming store