Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I find it pretty funny. Old media had their chance to have their cake and eat it too but completely discounted the internet as a way to provide content, and discounted Netflix as a serious competitor. If they hadn't, ad breaks for 3 minutes every 7 minutes never would have went away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

numberoneposter posted:

Crickey mate I started watching Kath and Kim.

Me too recently, on advice of aussie friends who are probably reading this

thanks piracy

Duck and Cover posted:

Yep. VPN is for public torrents.

I use one for my private trackers too. I have to assume they've been around long enough and have enough users that someone invited a narc

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

Me too recently, on advice of aussie friends who are probably reading this

thanks piracy

I use one for my private trackers too. I have to assume they've been around long enough and have enough users that someone invited a narc

Well sure but my understanding was a lot of private trackers don't like people using vpns. I never could be bothered trying to climb up the private tracker pyramid well I did sort of try but lost interest quickly. Seemed pretty pointless to me.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 20, 2023

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
Use Usenet for the love of god it’s like 3 dollars a month, no need for a vpn, it’s got everything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

shazbot posted:

Use Usenet for the love of god it’s like 3 dollars a month, no need for a vpn, it’s got everything.

I found a huge file dump on Usenet that crossed the 4000 day mark so my retention dropped off, and I’m so mad nobody re-upped that stuff in the last 10 years.

There’s definitely a whole world outside of Usenet that’s useful and I won’t give up, but for regular mainstream poo poo it’s so easy and reliable.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

shazbot posted:

I do. It doesn't have everything. Neither do private or public trackers.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Am I "streaming TV" if I use an antennae?

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

The General posted:

I am so glad I found a community of people whos entire purpose in life is to pirate Oceanianian TV shows. Season 2 of Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont Spelling-Bee can't come fast enough.

Where is the Guy Mont Spelling-Bee pirate community. Who is the Guy Mont Spelling-Bee pirate community. Overseas kiwis?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
guy mont spelling bee loving owns and that's another thing I have been introduced to thanks to (a good friend's) piracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

that guy is my netflix