Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

We taught a gorilla to speak through sign language (allegedly). What would such an animal have to say to us as members of another species?

Koko the Gorilla posted:

Nipple.

Somehow I wasn't aware until now Koko the gorilla (1971-2018) had an all-consuming obsession with nipples. In fact, two former employees sued the Gorilla Foundation for allegedly pressuring them to indulge Koko's nipple fetish and show her their breasts on demand. ('Gorilla breast fetish' women sue http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4280961.stm)

Another former employee would confirm to the Cincinnati Enquirer in 2019: "[John] Safkow and others who worked at the foundation after the lawsuit was settled said Koko often asked to see their nipples. Although Safkow would do it, he said he was never instructed or pressured by Patterson to do so.

"The nipple thing," he said, "was real."
('Infestations, nipple scandals and disillusioned ex-employees: Who keeps Ndume? https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/01/31/fight-ndume-gorilla-foundations-past-obstacle/2726525002/)

It was also what she mostly wanted to talk about in an online AOL chat in 1998:

Welcome, Dr. Patterson and Koko, we're so happy you're here!
DrPPatrsn: You're welcome!
DrPPatrsn: Let me explain [to Koko] what we're doing. We're going to be on the phone with a lot of people who are going to ask us questions...
LiveKOKO: Nipple.
DrPPatrsn: ...about you and about me. Lots of people.
-------------------------------------
Host: Do you like to chat with other people? That was from Rulucky!
DrPPatrsn: Koko, do you like to talk to people?
LiveKOKO: Fine nipple.
DrPPatrsn: Yes, that was her answer. 'Nipple' rhymes with 'people,' OK? She doesn't sign people per se, so she may be trying to do a 'sounds like...' but she indicated it was 'fine.'
-------------------------------------
Host: She IS smart!
DrPPatrsn: This is something I'm talking about, but it hasn't happened. And the reason we haven't been able to make it happen yet is...
LiveKOKO: Kiss* give-me.
DrPPatrsn: ...that we're trying very hard to raise the money that it will take to build the preserve and make it habitable for them. That's going to take about $7 million, and we're less than 1/2 way there. So we're hoping that corporations, the public at large, foundations will help us with that project. And we are now approaching them and asking, so we're asking here, too.
LiveKOKO: Hurry give-me mouth nipple.

Anyhow I just thought I'd share this incredible and unique insight into the mind of an animal with anyone who didn't already know!

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Koko was a nipple whisperer so what

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

same op

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tragically, Koko died just months before she could have helped Tumblr identify “female-presenting nipples”.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'd ASL about someone's nipples if they wanted too.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Alright, alright, on a different note, let's reminisce about the time Koko met Robin Williams and played with his nipples!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOVS9zotSqM&t=145s

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Fine, nipple.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like that story about how Robin Williams got ushered away from her suddenly, and when he asked why the trainer said because Koko signed she wanted to take him into a back room. He asked what would have happened there and was told "anything Koko wanted."

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
They really are just like us.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

All mammals love nipples.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Mouth nipples

Open

Bobs

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
we really milkshake ducking a gorilla

harambe would have never stood for this :colbert:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

How are you gonna apply human morals to.gorillas.

Give the gorillas what they want. (Titties)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Private Cumshoe posted:

we really milkshake ducking a gorilla

harambe would have never stood for this :colbert:

BREAKING: SA Forums determine long-dead gorilla a "weirdo sex-pest, probably some mod's forum pet,' and "terrible pet owner."

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

You guys are right, there's a lot more to Koko than just her insatiable nipple fetish. We should talk about other things she did like when she appeared on an episode of Monster Garage and was mostly interested in grabbing nipples the entire time!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OuN0eQ6itM&t=2912s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
All Ball, all she could think about. Filthy creatures

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

They didn't teach her how to sign big mommy milkers.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Koko was a talking gorilla. Koko is also dead now. Conclusion: Animals who follow the path of humanity are destined to be destroyed. Nature knows the way.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This doesn't apply to parrots though, they're very cute and cockatoos very clearly relish in the destruction of mankind

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Wasn't koko's use of asl like, kind of bullshit anyways?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

free hubcaps posted:

One of Sapolsky's lectures is really good where he talks about the whole Koko scam

1:23:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOQgY1tqrU&t=4970s

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wikipedia posted:

Nipple fixation[edit]
Koko was reported to have a preoccupation with both male and female human nipples, with several people saying that Koko requested to see their nipples. In 2005, three female staff members at The Gorilla Foundation, where Koko resided, filed lawsuits against the organization, alleging that they were pressured to reveal their nipples to Koko by the organization's executive director, Francine Patterson (Penny), among other violations of labor law. The lawsuit alleged that in response to signing from Koko, Patterson pressured Keller and Alperin (two of the female staff) to flash the ape. "Oh, yes, Koko, Nancy has nipples. Nancy can show you her nipples," Patterson reportedly said on one occasion. And on another: "Koko, you see my nipples all the time. You are probably bored with my nipples. You need to see new nipples. I will turn my back so Kendra can show you her nipples."[48] Shortly thereafter, a third woman filed suit, alleging that upon being first introduced to Koko, Patterson told her that Koko was communicating that she wanted to see the woman's nipples, pressuring her to submit to Koko's demands and informing her that "everyone does it for her around here." When the woman briefly lifted her t-shirt, flashing her undergarments, Patterson admonished the woman and reiterated that Koko wanted to see her nipples. When the woman relented and showed her breasts to Koko, Patterson commented "Oh look, Koko, she has big nipples." On another occasion, one of the gorilla's handlers told the woman that Koko wanted to be alone with her. When the woman went to Koko's enclosure, Koko began signing "Let down your hair. Lie down on the floor. Show your breasts again. Close your eyes," before beginning to squat and breathe heavily.[49] The lawsuits were settled out of court. Gorilla expert Kristen Lukas has said that other gorillas are not known to have had a similar nipple fixation.[50][51][52][53][49][54][55]

It's time to Kancel Koko

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

free hubcaps posted:

What's funny is that Koko's nipple obsession and accompanying sexual harassment might be the most compelling evidence that she indeed knew what she was signing about lol.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

What's funny is that Koko's nipple obsession and accompanying sexual harassment might be the most compelling evidence that she indeed knew what she was signing about lol.

DID KOKO THE GORILLA KNOW THAT SHE WAS SEXUALLY HARASSING HUMAN BEINGS?
GBS NEWS AT 10

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The sexual harassment was against the main scientist who bullied the girls into showing their boobs, Koko's actions were completely understandable imo

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Gonna try the pickup line “hurry give me mouth nipple” on my wife and see how it works

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Update: Does anyone have a couch I can sleep on for a while

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

free hubcaps posted:

it wasn't as impressive as it was made out to be but it was still an interesting thing.

she was super obsessed with motherhood poo poo iirc so I'm not really surprised she was nipples as gently caress. wasn't she also an orphan? because that could have had a good bit to do with it, too.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

McSpanky posted:

It's time to Kancel Koko

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

g(orilla)bs

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Has anyone eever tried to verify that guys translations when Koko allegedly "asked female visitors to show their nipples"?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
She was probably confused about why humans always cover theirs yet she was always exposed, should have given her a shirt or something

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I am smashing my koko records and burning my koko books upon a righteous pyre may the nipple exist unmolested by ape for all eternity

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
In reality Koko the gorilla’s handlers just kinda made up whatever she was “signing.”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Amy the gorilla with the speak and spell telling king solomons gorillas to show her their cocks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

"....... why does this gorilla know the sign language for erection anyway"

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Milo and POTUS posted:

"....... why does this gorilla know the sign language for erection anyway"

If it's any consolation, she didn't really. This person put it together really nicely:

https://youtu.be/e7wFotDKEF4?feature=shared

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydK_YlkwRnQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Imagine being contracted to write a song about Magilla Gorilla and you blast out that amazing jam that drills itself into every cartoon watching millennials head for the rest of their life