Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Hmm, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you'd subconsciously expect an animal that has learned to speak would have transcended its perverse animal nature in some ways and the idea that it hasn't done so at all is simultaneously humorous and creepy, nawmean?

Why would you expect that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Randy gorilla,????

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MrQwerty posted:

Why would you expect that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The real science here is gorillas are obsessed with nipples.

I hope some PHD work is being done on this subject.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

maybealabia posted:

Humans, famously speaking animals, are the most perverted

You ever seen the courtship ritual of a hippopotamus? poo poo hits the fan, literally.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

R.L. Stine posted:

head scientist or whatever: sorry but you're gonna have to show the ape your tits. i have to watch too, for the studies

this is a double blind study btw

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Valko posted:

You ever seen the courtship ritual of a hippopotamus? poo poo hits the fan, literally.

You're not making the point you think you are.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
why is areola such a funny word?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Private Cumshoe posted:

why is areola such a funny word?

Aureola is funnier because you can say it in church

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I wonder if any other species get weird foot perverts

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

SgtScruffy posted:

Update: Does anyone have a couch I can sleep on for a while

lol

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Everyone loves koko the talking gorilla
UPDATE: We regret to inform you Koko is just a high concept method of sexual harassment

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

quote:

that upon being first introduced to Koko, Patterson told her that Koko was communicating that she wanted to see the woman's nipples, pressuring her to submit to Koko's demands and informing her that "everyone does it for her around here." When the woman briefly lifted her t-shirt, flashing her undergarments, Patterson admonished the woman and reiterated that Koko wanted to see her nipples. When the woman relented and showed her breasts to Koko, Patterson commented "Oh look, Koko, she has big nipples."

"yeah the monkey needs to, no trust me on this..i know i know, it's super weird, but ya know, science right"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Koko furiously signing bad man, run away

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Wait until they teach an octopus to talk. No one will be safe.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Hmmmm....

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM3q396qkQc&t=381s
Can't do timestamp ... 6m21s

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

VIIth Hellven VIII lmao

I love that episode

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Timestamp works for me

Edit: I don't understand what this is but the timestamp works at least

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 25, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Edit: I don't understand what this is

It's Succotash and the Bird

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

quote:

Host: Do you like to chat with other people? That was from Rulucky!
DrPPatrsn: Koko, do you like to talk to people?
LiveKOKO: Fine nipple.
DrPPatrsn: Yes, that was her answer. 'Nipple' rhymes with 'people,' OK? She doesn't sign people per se, so she may be trying to do a 'sounds like...' but she indicated it was 'fine.'

lmao love this bit of denial/obvious lying here.

It rhymes with “people”, OK? Geez guys…

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

The Awesomesaurus posted:

lmao love this bit of denial/obvious lying here.

It rhymes with “people”, OK? Geez guys…

The amount of BS this woman got away with is really funny. The lecturer someone linked earlier touched on it a little bit, but if anyone has a more focused video on the absolute bollocks she came up with I'd love to give it a watch.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I like how her Gorilla Foundation has no gorillas currently, and also she says that it would be unethical to replicate her experiment due to how intelligent gorillas are. Which makes me question why she personally had one captive for decades.

Oh also they're trying to move the foundation to Hawaii lol. Just normal academic research expenses and stuff y'know!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Tragically, Koko died just months before she could have helped Tumblr identify “female-presenting nipples”.

is there a team of third-world nipple analysts or is that automated, is there some LLM AI with access to a world of comparative nipples?

imagine when it becomes conscious

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

free hubcaps posted:

Oh also they're trying to move the foundation to Hawaii lol. Just normal academic research expenses and stuff y'know!

They’ve been trying to do that since I’ve first started paying attention to them more than a decade ago when I got really interested in primates lol. Surprised they’re still trying that when they don’t even have gorillas anymore.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

The Awesomesaurus posted:

They’ve been trying to do that since I’ve first started paying attention to them more than a decade ago when I got really interested in primates lol. Surprised they’re still trying that when they don’t even have gorillas anymore.

They apparently have a 70 acre "gorilla preserve" on Maui with no gorillas in it. Coincidentally, among the limited infrastructure they've built there is "foundations for a human caregiver base/observatory".

Their website is all heartstrings stuff and not much substance. Also they take 28% of donations for "management and fundraising" which seems hefty for a non profit gorilla foundation with no gorillas

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 25, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Let me live in the gorilla enclosure

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I'm completely serious when I say the sexual harassment is the most convincing thing Koko's ever done. Like this:

SFGate posted:

One of Koko's handlers told Rivera that the loquacious primate -- best- known for her purported 1,000-word American Sign Language vocabulary -- indicated that she wanted to be alone with Rivera.

"My client was getting some rudimentary signing from Koko," he said by phone from his Redwood City office. " 'Let down your hair. Lie down on the floor. Show your breasts again. Close your eyes.' My client peeped out and saw Koko slowly kneel down and start squatting and breathing heavily. My client got spooked and ran out of the trailer."

Although Koko was confined to a wire cage, her behavior was suggestive to the point that Rivera didn't want to wait around and find out what might come next, Adams said.

And she refused to go near the 33-year-old lowland gorilla again, Adams added.

That's way more impressive than any of the video presentations of Koko I've seen.

Beartaco posted:

The amount of BS this woman got away with is really funny. The lecturer someone linked earlier touched on it a little bit, but if anyone has a more focused video on the absolute bollocks she came up with I'd love to give it a watch.

Vice has a series of podcast episodes dedicated to Koko and the history of primate signing in which they talk her main handler Penny and the various major players in the saga. https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-show-about-animals/id1591302322

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

Let me live in the gorilla enclosure

No I will not show you my big nipples

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
"Through the magic of science we have taught this gorilla to rape, but not, uh, not to love."

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
so was alex the parrot a breast man or an rear end man

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hammerite posted:

so was alex the parrot a breast man or an rear end man

He enjoyed witty conversation and an agile mind.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

MrQwerty posted:

VIIth Hellven VIII lmao

I love that episode

Off-topic Qwerty, but Succotash and the Merv actually show up on PFFR's recent show, Teenage Euthanasia. Which is surprisingly good! I guess the lady-half of PFFR co-created the show. I know we might never get any more Xavier content but it still rules to hear the voice on TV.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

free hubcaps posted:

I like how her Gorilla Foundation has no gorillas currently, and also she says that it would be unethical to replicate her experiment due to how intelligent gorillas are. Which makes me question why she personally had one captive for decades.

Should rename to the Gorilla Lostation

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Off-topic Qwerty, but Succotash and the Merv actually show up on PFFR's recent show, Teenage Euthanasia. Which is surprisingly good! I guess the lady-half of PFFR co-created the show. I know we might never get any more Xavier content but it still rules to hear the voice on TV.

PFFR loves recycling jokes, like loving LOVES recycling jokes, so that's not surprising in the least. I haven't seen that one yet, but I loved Shivering Truth. I'll have to check that out.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hey guys, the gorilla says it wants all of you to give me your wallets. You should definitely do it, everyone does it

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

Hey guys, the gorilla says it wants all of you to give me your wallets. You should definitely do it, everyone does it

Well if the girilla says so

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

It's all good, Koko took Robin Williams's wallet after playing with his nipples and he turned out OK.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Koko is kakancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

GABA ghoul posted:

That isn't why he's pointing at your rear end excitedly.