Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Yeah but it's some next level poo poo when the dog can actually tell you "Give me your crotch. Sniff and lick your crotch. Now. Give me."

When your dog is Rudy Giuliani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Eww Koko was a cumberbitch

She also displays sexual attraction to humans – Appleby was advised by Patterson to bring an attractive male cameraman with her – and has even developed a love for English accents. This love was forged, says the producer, during sittings for renowned artist Richard Stone, who has done portraits of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh. And in recent years the gorilla has also become attracted to the voice of Benedict Cumberbatch through the DVDs viewed in her home. “Apparently she has a big crush on him,” says Appleby. “She loves English men.” https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/documentaries/meet-koko-the-gorilla-who-was-taught-to-ape-humans/

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
*checks thread*

Yep op still mad at the dead gorilla

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Shameful misspieciesing here:
https://youtu.be/JC4C_Gcp_dM

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

MrQwerty posted:

*checks thread*

Yep op still mad at the dead gorilla

Did I mention Koko was also FAT and LAZY!

> At the Gorilla Foundation, many employees’ letters of resignation focused heavily on the issue of the apes’ health. According to former caregivers, Koko was overweight. “All the caregivers would talk about Koko’s weight,” Sarah, a caregiver who resigned a few years ago, told me. (Sarah is a pseudonym; she did not want her real name published because she signed a nondisclosure agreement when she was hired at the Gorilla Foundation.) “We always tried to get her to exercise, but she would never go outside — she just wanted to sit in her little trailer and watch TV or sleep.” The Gorilla Foundation maintains that Koko is not overweight and that at her current weight of 270 pounds she “is, like her mother, a larger frame Gorilla” and within the healthy weight of a captive gorilla. (Wild female gorillas are 150-200 pounds.)
https://nationalpost.com/news/the-troubling-world-of-koko-the-gorilla-and-the-decline-of-ape-language-research

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Fat, lazy, a sex pest and no job. The modern millennial fail gorilla

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Koko was an X'er

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Now that I think about it, she was probably depressed from life in civilization. No social interaction with peers, no love life, no family, spending most of her time inside, unhealthy diet, in front of the TV all day, no opportunity to perform natural behaviors like foraging. They should have tried to put it on SSRIs or ketamine

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
who stopped posting around that time she die

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

GABA ghoul posted:

Now that I think about it, she was probably depressed from life in civilization. No social interaction with peers, no love life, no family, spending most of her time inside, unhealthy diet, in front of the TV all day, no opportunity to perform natural behaviors like foraging. They should have tried to put it on SSRIs or ketamine

For all that was messed up about Koko's living situation, I haven't really heard much about her being depressed. Most of her caregivers seemed to describe her as an indulged, spoiled diva if anything. My impression is that at some point early on she became more of a pet than a specimen.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

nm

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Sep 26, 2023

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Wait hang on looks like Koko might've gotten depressed when she couldn't get nipples!!

> Safkow also recalls an incident when he was pressured to show his nipples to Koko in the presence of several other Gorilla Foundation employees. “At the time, Penny claimed Koko was depressed. We had afternoon ‘porch parties’ where we dressed up for Koko and acted goofy to cheer her up. Koko came up to the mesh between us and asked to see my nipples. It was embarrassing since other people were around, so I told her, ‘Later.’ Then Penny put her hand on my shoulder and said, ‘Do you mean that? I’m just asking because Koko really needs all the support she can get right now.’ ”
https://nationalpost.com/news/the-troubling-world-of-koko-the-gorilla-and-the-decline-of-ape-language-research

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Koko the Millennial Gorilla

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Free the nip

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hammerite posted:

so was alex the parrot a breast man or an rear end man

Thighs

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Free your nipples, free your mind

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Funny how we imagine animals to be wise or peaceful, but if any species had the language and society of humans a significant amount of talking gorillas would be incel gorillas or weeaboo gorillas or chad gorillas

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Did I mention Koko was also FAT and LAZY!

> At the Gorilla Foundation, many employees’ letters of resignation focused heavily on the issue of the apes’ health. According to former caregivers, Koko was overweight. “All the caregivers would talk about Koko’s weight,” Sarah, a caregiver who resigned a few years ago, told me. (Sarah is a pseudonym; she did not want her real name published because she signed a nondisclosure agreement when she was hired at the Gorilla Foundation.) “We always tried to get her to exercise, but she would never go outside — she just wanted to sit in her little trailer and watch TV or sleep.” The Gorilla Foundation maintains that Koko is not overweight and that at her current weight of 270 pounds she “is, like her mother, a larger frame Gorilla” and within the healthy weight of a captive gorilla. (Wild female gorillas are 150-200 pounds.)

Sounds like the Gorilla Foundation used the same doctor as the Trump Foundation.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Koko Ono ruined the Gorilla Beatles.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
You mean the Monkees?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

GABA ghoul posted:

Fat, lazy, a sex pest and no job. The modern millennial fail gorilla

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i thought dees was dead???

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:hfive: That ape is alright!

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Great job trying to cancel a dead gorilla OP.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

her crimes must be exposed

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I wonder what they're saying exactly. Wish I knew sign language!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

WalletBeef posted:

Great job trying to cancel a dead gorilla OP.

Apes will be apes

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

Lol only 150lbs? I'm 100% sure I would destroy a wild female gorilla in a fist fight

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol lay off the avocado toast you loafer!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SUCCOTASH SUCCOTASH WIN SOME CASH

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Yeah but it's some next level poo poo when the dog can actually tell you "Give me your crotch. Sniff and lick your crotch. Now. Give me."
*taking notes* Anything else I should include on the Morally Inept brand of talking dog buttons?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:yeshaha:

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

So this kind of led me down a Wikipedia path from a gorilla with a nipple fetish to finding out chimpanzees are just loving psychotic and will gently caress up anything including gorillas. Look up Frodo the chimp he literally ate a human kid

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Cassette Moodcore posted:

So this kind of led me down a Wikipedia path from a gorilla with a nipple fetish to finding out chimpanzees are just loving psychotic and will gently caress up anything including gorillas. Look up Frodo the chimp he literally ate a human kid

Chimps are basically sentient chainsaws with opposable thumbs. I thought everyone knew this by now after all those stories where they brutally maimed people.

Disturbing content warning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmRsJxuILd0&t=22s

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If I had to have a primate roomate, I'd go:

1 Orangutan
2 Bonobo
3 Ape

Chimpanzee ain't even on my list.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Lol only 150lbs? I'm 100% sure I would destroy a wild female gorilla in a fist fight

Settle down Rich

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

redshirt posted:

If I had to have a primate roomate, I'd go:

1 Orangutan
2 Bonobo
3 Ape

Chimpanzee ain't even on my list.

what about human

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

what about human

You saw my list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Valko posted:

Chimps are basically sentient chainsaws with opposable thumbs. I thought everyone knew this by now after all those stories where they brutally maimed people.

Disturbing content warning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmRsJxuILd0&t=22s

Yeah I don’t know I’m old enough to remember that lady whose face got eaten off by her friend’s chimp on Oprah and that poo poo scarred me