Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Theres been a whole lot of news lately about some prominent entertainers getting accused of being total sex pests. Who knew that guys who become wealthy and famous would use their cultural cache to coerce people into having sex with them?

Its terrible, shocking stuff.

I think we should take some time out to consider the oft-forgottr victims in these ugly scenarios: The bros who now have to defend their fandom at bars and parties.

Consider for a moment the emotional toll it takes on a bro after hes shared a scathing missive by Russel Brand with his social network, only to awake in the morning to find that Mr. Brand is being accused of sexual assault.

The emotional toll this wreaks on the bro is not easily measured. It may cause them to act irrationally and erratically as they attempt to quell the pounding cognitive dissonance.

The Bro will be compelled to defend their opinion:

"Well maybe hes a creep but hes right about COVID". He'll say, forced to justify his deeply held beliefs in the face of unspeakable actions.

Consider for a moment the Bro whos recommended Joe Rogan to all of his coworkers as "a pretty smart guy" mere days before a YouTube megamix of Mr. Rogan saying the N-Word multiple times is released. Must this Bro now be maligned as a racist simply for finding the JRE compelling?

These Bros have been forced to shoulder unspeakable burdens as victims while the media plays and replays statements by the perpetrators. I cant imagine how soul crushing that is for these Bros, as they hold tight to their fandoms.

#brokenbros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I feel like this thread is too high-concept

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pontificating rear end posted:

I feel like this thread is too high-concept

Always playing the victim.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I think i'm kind of a jerk and not that bright, but i'd rather stick with that than wrapping my identity up with the welfare of any given celebrity, personality or brand.

viewed through another lens though my life is basically a katamari ball of stereotypes many of which revolve around having bought particular products or services. not trying to suggest i'm any better than these #brokenBros (i am, a lot) but i just don't get them at all.

I figure, if i'm this much of a dick and i'm just some rear end in a top hat, celebrities are probably real dicks. Maybe that's incorrectly holding people to my own low standard and actually they're all lovely people but I doubt it very much.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I think i'm kind of a jerk and not that bright, but i'd rather stick with that than wrapping my identity up with the welfare of any given celebrity, personality or brand.

viewed through another lens though my life is basically a katamari ball of stereotypes many of which revolve around having bought particular products or services. not trying to suggest i'm any better than these #brokenBros (i am, a lot) but i just don't get them at all.

I figure, if i'm this much of a dick and i'm just some rear end in a top hat, celebrities are probably real dicks. Maybe that's incorrectly holding people to my own low standard and actually they're all lovely people but I doubt it very much.

(Sharp inhale)

Well someone coming into this thread and claiming to be "better" than the victims of these mens actions wasnt at all what I expected but alas, here we are.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

If you haven’t figured out that everyone is a piece of poo poo by the age of 12 you haven’t been paying attention and get what you deserve.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Szyznyk posted:

If you haven’t figured out that everyone is a piece of poo poo by the age of 12 you haven’t been paying attention and get what you deserve.

Bro-ified as gently caress comment right chyeah.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just goes to show you OP. The only people you should praise and worship is Moses, Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, and / or Mohammad.

If you praise & worship someone living, they just might gently caress up and make you look dumb(er).

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Poohs Packin posted:

Bro-ified as gently caress comment right chyeah.

The truth is a harsh mistress brah.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Bros have complex emotions but limited ways to express them :colbert:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQKECQgjW8

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you just accept every celebrity no matter how niche or small (yes even that one) is a sex pest or something like that then it's way easier to handle reality.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
This is why you should make sure all your hero's are per-historic so it's very unlikely any new evidence will come forward to show their poo poo actually.

The mighty t-rex, as well as being awesome also probably had really progressive politics and would agree with all my political views.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Just goes to show you OP. The only people you should praise and worship is Moses, Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, and / or Mohammad.

If you praise & worship someone living, they just might gently caress up and make you look dumb(er).

Gandhi used to lay naked with women to demonstrate his ability to never get pussy

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Szyznyk posted:

I instead chose to give everyone a lot of people the benefit of the doubt for decades, like an idiot.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Poohs Packin posted:

Gandhi used to lay naked with women to demonstrate his ability to never get pussy

I heard he used to have the women rub oil all over his bald head too.

92423_2
Sep 25, 2023
Broken bros in the year 2023....drat.....

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Poohs Packin posted:

If only they were old enough to qualify as women.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think the real victims are all the bros who never managed to get famous, who would've been sex pest creeps if only their careers had elevated them to a level of authority and clout, but without it they're unable to coerce or groom anyone

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

If only they were old enough to qualify as women.

Yeah pretty sure this was his underage neice

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i cannot understand the hitler fandom. the book wasn't that good

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Saalkin posted:

Yeah pretty sure this was his underage neice

Just imagining some visibly racist, drunken english hooligan in an Arsenel jersey screaming "GANDHI WAS A FOOKIN NONCE" at a cab driver and being historically correct.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

bossy lady posted:

Chi is stored in the orbs

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I would consider becoming a farmer and growing some trees to chop down and turn into 10 foot poles you wouldn’t wanna touch ‘em all with.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Da bros baby love da bros

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I love Joe Rogan OP! What’s your favorite podcast episode??

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We're all victims IMO

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSTXuJeTks

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

dr_rat posted:

This is why you should make sure all your hero's are per-historic so it's very unlikely any new evidence will come forward to show their poo poo actually.

The mighty t-rex, as well as being awesome also probably had really progressive politics and would agree with all my political views.

Sue is a strong, independent woman!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Sophy Wackles posted:

I love Joe Rogan OP! What’s your favorite podcast episode??

The one where he discusses a chimpanzee kicking your rear end.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

bossy lady posted:

We don't speak of Seinfeld ITT.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
https://y.yarn.co/fa2f8114-5f8c-43a9-8c17-9f5178a8a6af.mp4

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Are the real victims, like the Real Ghostbusters, in that their the one without the cool Gorilla?

If so, i'd say just watch The Victims (1975) so you get to see a cool gorilla.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Poohs Packin posted:

mao used to get his chamber boys to tug him off before bed, gonna be really embarrassing for anyone with a picture of that guy when the story breaks, time's up

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pac and Cheese posted:

mao used to get his chamber boys to tug him off before bed, gonna be really embarrassing for anyone with a picture of that guy when the story breaks, time's up

Here Ive been talking about how this guy heroically led China into modernity and people probably think I approve of getting whacked off.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I fight dirty, I'd rip out thier eyes and bite thier cocks off and throw them in thier dumb, smug faces.

Naw fr I'm a huge pussy and I'd run away crying afterwards.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Treecko posted:

I fight dirty, I'd rip out thier eyes and bite thier cocks off and throw them in thier dumb, smug faces.

Naw fr I'm a huge pussy and I'd run away crying afterwards.

The chamber boys?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Wait your just talking about the rear end in a top hat from Get Him to the Greek?

Naw gently caress that I wouldn't feel bad about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Every actor is a raging narcissist or they would never have tried to become an actor so sadly it’s never surprising but I’m glad society now removes these people from pop culture

Edit these people should never be defended so if it happens just remove yourself from the conversation