Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, didn't see a general microphone thread in tge furst four pages (via Awful app), so here goes:

Looking for a decent cheaper mic ( :lol: pick one) for Discord/gaming use, and possible readings of assorted texts for audio/video use. *Possible* but unlikely use for speech-to-text. (Dargun Natcharruhly Spppikink or whatever.)

Would either be bluetooth or BT-via-dongle, and an optional USB mode would be nice but not vital.

Output would be to (Android) tablet or (Win10) desktop PC.

Something I can connect to a mic stand (or a springy boom arm when lying in bed) would be nice.

Disclaimer: I know jack poo poo about mics, other than "the one on my refurb Razer headset blows dead goats", but all the ones I see streamers/musicians/et cetera using appear to be shock-mounted with pop filters, and *they* sound good, so I guess I might want that kind of thing, except...

Price range: $25-50, maybe a bit more if stonking good deal. (We now pause for your gales of laughter.)

Seriously, this is Babby's First Real Microphone, and I don't want to drop a wad on something that might only end up being used to poo poo-talk other players. However, I'm a bit leery of most of the "best mics of 202x" reviews online (sponsored much?) and *definitely* not up for Chinesium Roulette. I figured that someone here might have knowledge, even if it's "avoid the UF420/69, the UF stands for Used Food" or suchlike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

empty baggie posted:

Ok, I have to ask. What model is that truck? I guess it’s a right hand drive but I can’t tell what it is from that pic and now I’m curious, and it would also help with recommendations.

Engine under the seats kinda sounds like a cabover kei truck.