Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Racing Stripe posted:

Plexamp says it requires access to a Plex Media Server. I can't just use it to play files directly from my hard drive? I think I need something that can do that, unless a Plex media server is something that I just shouldn't be living without.

If you'd like to be able to listen to your PC music files anywhere, Plex/PlexAmp is pretty great. It's great to have on my phone for use with headphones and car stereos.

I bought into Plex years ago when they had a lifetime PlexPass for a flat fee, so not sure what's available with a free server these days. The Plex thread probably has answers: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620605

All that said, I use Foobar on my PC despite having the ability to use PlexAmp there as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Hope that works for you. If the sound is still bad then they are likely damaged (tweeter or crossover would be my guess).