Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have a pair of the Mackie CR3 monitors that have the annoying issue where the lovely switch on the back causes one of them to drop out a lot. There is a fix on YouTube that involves cutting a pin, but I'm not convinced this is going to work for my version of the issue.

So I guess I'm in the market for a set of powered speakers for my desk. The thing I liked most about these is the ext input on the front that you can run in parallel to the proper L/R RCAs on the back, as it doesn't require switching between sources and allows playback from both my computer and my iPad at the same time, so whatever I get really needs to have this. I know Mackie have a replacement set of speakers that I believe still include this, but if this anything else in the price range (around $100) that's worth looking into, I'm all ears. These are only the 3" versions and the sound is perfectly fine as I run them quiet most of the time anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha when I had the space for it all, I used to have a 16 channel Yamaha mixer in my rack. It’s not a life I really have a desire to return to, but a smaller setup is a possibility esp if it doubles up as an interface so I’ll see what options exist. Annoyingly I have a Focusrite interface I bought a few years ago from Reverb that seemed DOA, but I didn’t realise in time. I don’t need anything amazing, I edit video sometimes but it’s all a hobby rather than paid work. I’ve heard good things about the Kantos so I’ll take a look into those and your other recommendations too. There might also be a way of running my iPad into the 3.5mm input on the Mac and see if there’s a way to permanently.