Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
the haters gonna
hate
hate
hate
hate
hate
View Results

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

shyduck posted:

Jason is the people's champion of the two

Oh absolutely. The fact Travis is younger and got more preferential treatment as a highschool/college player really shows through. Overall Travis still seems alright. The Pfizer stuff is good, even if they probably paid him a boatload for it. Still, he was a giant oval office all day yesterday and then tragically backed it up on the field. Borderline inexcusable offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah they were both at the center of attention at last year's Super Bowl before Taylor

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Kelce rolled into Baltimore, caught 11 of 11 for a hundy and a tuddy, broke Jerry Rices all time postseason catches record, bullied the #1 defense in their home, and made out with Taylor Swift on their field as their fans filed out. Legend.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Does she? It's probably just me being old but I'd take the catalog of previous top pop divas like Beyonce and Madonna over hers. She's better than Brittney Spears but that's damning with faint praise.

Obviously it's all subjective and I'm not gonna sit here and tell you you're wrong, but I think this is a hilarious shortchanging of an immensely talented songwriter and musician. I say this as someone who had precisely zero interest in Swift's music before, like, 2021: If you haven't, give Folklore and Midnights a listen. She's better and casts a wider net than you might think.

Pron on VHS posted:

Kelce rolled into Baltimore, caught 11 of 11 for a hundy and a tuddy, broke Jerry Rices all time postseason catches record, bullied the #1 defense in their home, and made out with Taylor Swift on their field as their fans filed out. Legend.

yeah i wasn't cheering for the chiefs yesterday but dude balled out

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 29, 2024

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Source your quotes. This doesnt make any sense because you're forced to watch commercials either way so what the gently caress does it matter who is in them?

youre right, nobody has ever complained about commercials in the history of the NFL.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've tried her a couple times, but whenever I do she sounds to my ear like she's mimicking other very popular but not quite internationally famous artists. Like her new album sounded like knock off Phoebe Bridgers/Mitski to me. Some of her old stuff sounded the same as Carly Rae Jepsen and that cohort. Then some of her mid career was like Beyonce lite. Her music is very diverse, credit to her for evolving overtime. It still feels like an imitation of the other stuff being made around the same time. I know it's pop music, but even by that standard it always sounded especially bland and heartless to me. I haven't actively disliked any of her work though. That alone is an accomplishment with as much material as she has put out.

"We are Never Getting Back Together" has a nice catchy chorus for sure. Got to be my favorite song of hers. Not a very deep cut I know.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

They can do whatever they want!
Ok cool glad to clear that up.

mcmagic posted:

I also can feel like they are overexposed and clout thirsty if I think so too!
Ok but you sound pathetic.
edit: in the sense of - you post about it frequently but the rest of us dont care

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 29, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

D-LINK posted:

Not to bring reality into your Sphere of McMagic takes, but the guy making a case for GOAT at his position, clearly a 1st ballot HoF and only non-Mahomes star of the current NFL dynasty doesn't need to clout chase. He's quite famous without her

Did you read the NYT piece about him? He clearly does feel like he needs to clout chase.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mcmagic you seem like a very unhappy person who mistrusts anyone with joy in their life because they are either deceived or a ghoul for hire or are pretending to be happy for nefarious reasons.

Nothing wrong with living that way but it's curious

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's not that curious. Our society incentivizes a lot of that thinking.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

she gets cut to like barely at all in the games, less often than some stupid Owner would if they had a Storyline. lamar suckson

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I've tried her a couple times, but whenever I do she sounds to my ear like she's mimicking other very popular but not quite internationally famous artists. Like her new album sounded like knock off Phoebe Bridgers/Mitski to me. Some of her old stuff sounded the same as Carly Rae Jepsen and that cohort. Then some of her mid career was like Beyonce lite. Her music is very diverse, credit to her for evolving overtime. It still feels like an imitation of the other stuff being made around the same time. I know it's pop music, but even by that standard it always sounded especially bland and heartless to me. I haven't actively disliked any of her work though. That alone is an accomplishment with as much material as she has put out.

"We are Never Getting Back Together" has a nice catchy chorus for sure. Got to be my favorite song of hers. Not a very deep cut I know.

Her evermore/folklore covid albums are, by a long shot, the most interesting stuff she's made because the songs are not about her.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

44 secs too much

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

kiimo posted:

Mcmagic you seem like a very unhappy person who mistrusts anyone with joy in their life because they are either deceived or a ghoul for hire or are pretending to be happy for nefarious reasons.

Your hardly the right messenger for that psychoanalysis. Chiefs fans are intoxicated...positively engorged on success like a bloated tick.

How much joy would you have if Mahomes blew out his Achilles like Aaron Rodgers did running out in front of that crowd with Thunderstruck playing in the background?

Taylor Swift dating Travis Kelce would have been a fun novelty that would have already ran it's course since KC wouldnt make the playoffs not a pop-culture singularity point that it is now.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I think T. Swift is a very pretty lady and I don't care that they show her celebrating touchdowns but she doesn't look great in red because gently caress the Chiefs.

Travis Kelce is a dick but he did piss of anti-vax morons so I'm conflicted.

Jason Kelce owns

Those are my sizzling hot takes

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Personally I just like reading the hot takes.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Travis should've dated Lana so we could've gotten one shot a game of her smoking a cigarette bored in the VIP box

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Your hardly the right messenger for that psychoanalysis. Chiefs fans are intoxicated...positively engorged on success like a bloated tick.

You're hardly the right messenger for that psychoanalysis either, Bills fans should be checked on right now. Like for their own safety. My Buffalo friends are starting to seriously worry me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In all seriousness it's like when Romo was dating Jessica Simpson. Anytime a celebrity who might have outside eyes watching the product, for any reason, they will be highlighted during games.

To visualize this using methods familiar to you, instead of seeing Taylor Swift in the cutaways to the press box, just imagine it's the "Jerry Jones reaction shot" made to either irritate or excite haters of the Cowboys, regardless of whichever team is on the field.

Yeah there's the stink of PR stunt around some of this but I also expected way worse when it all got started.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

kiimo posted:

You're hardly the right messenger for that psychoanalysis either, Bills fans should be checked on right now. Like for their own safety. My Buffalo friends are starting to seriously worry me

Well don't feel too bad. This is probably less stressful than if the Bills had made the SB given their track record. That extra week to wait would have been torture.

For the record I like Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce fine.

I'm just defending mcmagics right to be a bitter misanthrope.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Mcmagic needs to Shake It Off

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

kiimo posted:

I hate him emphatically

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo posted:

You are reading way too much into my swift opinions lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
She's a babe!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

What are your actual music tastes mcmagic?

I mean so I know what to avoid.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think the playoffs make us cranky. Offseason is really where TFF shines.

Much like the Ravens :cry:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

pasaluki posted:

What are your actual music tastes mcmagic?

I mean so I know what to avoid.

mcmagic’s playlist starts with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwyWkksXuo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think the playoffs make us cranky. Offseason is really where TFF shines.

Much like the Ravens :cry:
Sorry but that is the domain of the Chargers, offseason champs every year. And the Jaguars.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

never heard of these guys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/BFawkes22/status/1752098330258403605

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Chiefs lose, he proposes anyway with tears in his eyes, she rejects him because she only dates winners and jumps into George Kittles arms

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

who drops her

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

savage

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

Chiefs lose, he proposes anyway with tears in his eyes, she rejects him because she only dates winners and jumps into George Kittles arms

He sort of has the gaunt English wastling look that was her type before now.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

kiimo posted:

who drops her

LMAO!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
which out of date pop star is going to try and latch onto a past their prime qb to try and steal some of this attention

basically watch out stafford and derek carr's wives katy perry is on the prowl

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Britney Spears is due

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why are you all treating people that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

which out of date pop star is going to try and latch onto a past their prime qb to try and steal some of this attention

basically watch out stafford and derek carr's wives katy perry is on the prowl
Katy Perry is already established on this very forum as the prophetess of college football chaos, she needs no man