Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My son is seven. He was playing videogames on my old PS3 because he was sick and staying home from school. He likes the Lego games and I have quite a few of them. In going from one room to another I caught a quick glance at what he was playing and asked if it was the Marvel game. One of the characters seemed to be running with the Lego games version of super speed. He replied "No, it's Jurassic Park, daaaad." That got the wheels turning and a short time later he asked me if there were any superheroes versus dinosaur video games. I told him I didn't know. It sounded like a cool concept.

I know about the first Tomb Raider where the T-Rex comes out of nowhere and there are Skyrim mods for dinosaurs and super hero armors and weapons. I don't know of any direct superheroes vs. dinosaur games. I did a Google search and came up with nothing so I'm asking. Do you know of any games where you play as a superhero fighting dinosaurs or play as a dinosaur fighting superheroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Probably not what you want but Champions Online is a hero game that literally has dinosaurs as an enemy faction

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh yeah Superhero RTS Freedom Force has dinosaurs and is also just really good corny fun, GoG has it

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

You could download Mugen and get some Primal Rage and Marvel characters and make a superhero vs dinosaur fighting game

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What blows my goddamn mind is that there's just no like, Make A Cool Hero And Do Stuff game that isn't licensed poo poo. I don't care about Marvel or DC or whatever stuff, I always thought the appeal was coming up with your own cool dude and living that fantasy but nope you gotta play as This Established Guy

CoX is still available to play and great fun but really shows its age now. It's easy pickings for this generation's love for open world games and super hero stuff. Prototype and Saints Row 4 were a ton of fun for just leaping about and causing havoc

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

super smash bros, op

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

That genre has peaked with the SNES Ultraman game.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Well I want a Mafia vs Dinosaurs game. :colbert:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Jet Jaguar is playable in at least one Godzilla arena fighter

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Videogames aren't for children

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Make your kid play dino crisis and get mad at tank controls.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Turok

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

:hmmyes:

As usual, Turok is the answer

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Tell your son to study hard in school and develop one someday

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Hmmm.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I wouldn't actually download this random android apk. But the pictures are pretty funny.
https://www.getjar.com/categories/all-games/action-games/Monster-Superhero-vs-Dinosaur-Battle-City-Rescue-939865

That said your kid might enjoy something like monster hunter stories 1 & 2.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lego Marvel Superheroes Pt22 Dinosaur Attack (PS3 PS4 Xbox PC)

Walkthrough here (sadly, barely watchable as the Youtube clown concerned used their phone to video their monitor at an odd sideways angle):

https://youtu.be/JL12_izIOi8

You'll find more possibles by googling:
PS3 game "superheroes" "time travel" [include the doublequotes]

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the dinosaur hunter

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
SCRIBBLENAUTS

It's even secretly educational, maybe

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

maybealabia posted:

SCRIBBLENAUTS

It's got spelling in it, plenty educational!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

maybealabia posted:

SCRIBBLENAUTS

Smelly dead metal lion meat gun super robot
⭐earned

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

Lego Marvel Superheroes Pt22 Dinosaur Attack (PS3 PS4 Xbox PC)

Walkthrough here (sadly, barely watchable as the Youtube clown concerned used their phone to video their monitor at an odd sideways angle):

https://youtu.be/JL12_izIOi8

You'll find more possibles by googling:
PS3 game "superheroes" "time travel" [include the doublequotes]

I had forgotten about that. We have the game and so yes, he has played a game with superheroes fighting Dinosaurs (just not as the main quest)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAKrr73zdOU&t=882s

I showed him some of the dinosaur mods on Skyrim and he locked in on the otter mod you could DL. I gave him the chance to play it for a bit and he headed straight for the bandit hideouts rather than the stream where the otters were playing. Seven year olds can be gleefully violent. He had a taste of the game but that's going to be it. For maybe years. The kid is well on the way to being a goon as it is.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Honestly more games just need Dinosaurs added to them.

Dinosaurs are super cool. :cool:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Can you imagine living in a world with dinosaurs though? Terrifying.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

redshirt posted:

Can you imagine living in a world with dinosaurs though? Terrifying.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

So many tourists died during the tragic events of "Chicken Parks" opening weekend. :(

The bastards spent so much time think about if they could they never considered if they should!!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mmm, look at them chicken legs

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Your kid and the other 7 year old from the child likes gollum too much thread should hang out and become buds

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Colonel Cancer posted:

Videogames aren't for children

This. If your child does all of their chores and gets good school marks they can maybe read the pdf manual.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's called Rampage and its great

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
https://i.imgur.com/bNVg6U2.mp4

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Songbearer posted:

What blows my goddamn mind is that there's just no like, Make A Cool Hero And Do Stuff game that isn't licensed poo poo. I don't care about Marvel or DC or whatever stuff, I always thought the appeal was coming up with your own cool dude and living that fantasy but nope you gotta play as This Established Guy

CoX is still available to play and great fun but really shows its age now. It's easy pickings for this generation's love for open world games and super hero stuff. Prototype and Saints Row 4 were a ton of fun for just leaping about and causing havoc

Because playing as a known hero is the appeal. What’s the point in making up some nobody that means nothing. You can do that right now in your head. “This isn’t superman its S man hero of cake island”

Also I don’t think any company in their right mind is going to make up Injustice levels of background for a generic character (or any of the 50 billion possible combinations you could make at home)

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Do you need superpowers to be a superhero? All batman has is his utility belt and vast resources. Tim Allen has a tool belt - and he fought dinosaurs in Home Improvement: Power Tool Pursuit for the SNES.

I'd upload pictures but imgur is doing it's weird thing again.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

You'd have to balance the power of the hero. Superman could throw whatever dino he fought into the stratosphere. Robin would just get eaten. Ben Grimm is about right.

Have a time portal open up in Times Square. The heroes have to corral the runaway dinos then go through the portal and try and find out what opened it without getting stuck or munched on.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
T-Rex with kryptonite teeth

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Hatoful Boyfriend: Dinosaur Edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

as long as the dinosaurs have feathers and lips