Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

have u cracked yet

Ohtori Akio posted:

she'd love tttt lol

this is the meanest thing i've ever seen you post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

im sorry guys i dont understand this seattle lingo

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
seattttle is dying

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

You are transgender

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
ringo roadagain's huge racist bolt-on cans

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ardennes posted:

Honestly...2023 Seattle is pretty true to the source material, Bellvue and South Lake Union are pretty much corporate owned enclaves at this point.

They said a company called aztechnology was going to put a big office building disguised as a step pyramid on capitol hill and instead we got a company called amazon that put a big office building disguised as a huge dick and balls in the triangle, so yeah close enough

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i would have preferred a step pyramid, human sacrifice analogies, etc

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

they dont even have an nba team lol

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Sounds good to me. Just add some jalapenos in there, maybe a slice or two of banana.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

they have an NHL team with the most embarrassing mascot in sports

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I got to say one thing Seattle has got over Portland and San Francisco, it just feels a lot more industrious, the other two cities are practically ghost towns in comparison. They are also...cooler as well.

You can't win them all.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

You are transgender

oh

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Wait that's the Seattle NHL mascot? what in the hell. I thought a kracken was an 8 tentacled sea monster, that thing sucks badly. And their artificially frozen arena is called climate pledge arena? drat I thought crypto and bank stadiums were bad, but that is also embarrassing lol

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

palindrome posted:

Wait that's the Seattle NHL mascot? what in the hell. I thought a kracken was an 8 tentacled sea monster, that thing sucks badly. And their artificially frozen arena is called climate pledge arena? drat I thought crypto and bank stadiums were bad, but that is also embarrassing lol

they also announced the mascot with an nft drop

the light of god has left us

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Xaris posted:

hmm good point, did not consider this
"cool" is obviously a generalization, but a ton of the remaining goons are suburban tech support guys/programmers in middle age with the free time to post. not many of those in NYC compared to the bay area. back when i was a Young Goon, a ton of big-time posters were doing something cool (not tech) for college in NYC. presumably, they are doing that professionally now instead of posting.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 08:12 on Sep 28, 2023

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

palindrome posted:

they claimed they didn't want their mascot to be a representation of a kraken because it's something best left to the imagination

so instead they decided to make a twink for Gritty to top

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Filthy Hans posted:

they have an NHL team with the most embarrassing mascot in sports

Exactly the mascot the computer toucher-infested dump that is Seattle deserves

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ohtori Akio posted:

seattttle is dying

Yup

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
death to seattle

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

quote:

Lewis E. Carpenter, an English teacher in Poprad originally from Issaquah, Washington, found the hollow monumental statue lying in a scrapyard with a homeless man living inside it. The Lenin statue was waiting to be cut up and sold for the price of the bronze.[5] Carpenter had met and befriended Venkov in an earlier visit to Czechoslovakia. Carpenter's initial interest in buying the statue was to preserve it for its historic and artistic merit.[5] Later he intended to use it to attract customers for an ethnic Slovak restaurant he wanted to open in Issaquah

there is housing RIGHT THERE and the city will do nothing because of the influence of tech bro NIMBYs working at Zillow

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

palindrome posted:

do you think other hockey arenas are just really cold naturally or something

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the sandwich shop right behind the lenin statue is pretty good

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

they claimed they didn't want their mascot to be a representation of a kraken because it's something best left to the imagination

so instead they decided to make a twink for Gritty to top

I mean his name is buoy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
we have to ban hockey to solve climate change

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ohtori Akio posted:

ringo roadagain's huge racist bolt-on cans

lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

palindrome posted:

climate pledge is amazon's greenwashing initiative op

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it's actually really good

i know. i can't justify it. i held out from eating them for like 3 years, but one drunken evening i'm by some bars in pioneer square, and i take a bite of my degenerate girlfriend's seattle dog and it's like... really good? I eat them sober now.

AIT is wrong btw and seattle is really good actually

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
lol how you know it's bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
making a place colder is how we solve climate change. dumb rear end

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bitter shitposter mad at city? correct of course

flourishing angel in love with rain and cream cheese + onion hot dogs: wrong

yeah right idiot

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

everyone stands up and solemnly pledges allegiance to the climate before every hockey game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what if we made the inside of the arena the climate, and the outside of the arena the hockey rink

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This made me like the city a bit

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1706777915516715084

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

The Oldest Man posted:

I mean his name is buoy

That buoyssy got Gritty acting up

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010