Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

mediaphage posted:

our neighbours felt bad for selling their house so gave me a 4 lol

currently its just running pihole but my so wants to gently caress around with home assistant so it'll prolly go on there too

ha is ridiculously loving good at this point. like if you’re considering it as a hobby/something to gently caress around with because you expect it to be perpetually broken you can put that out of your mind. it’s v stable

consider dedicating the pi to ha-os and (re)installing pihole as an add-on (couple of clicks and you’re done) rather than doing the basic install in a pyenv. it’s that that you get anything you couldn’t otherwise accomplish but poo poo like adding Grafana is just trivial when you do it that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

mediaphage posted:

yea i saw that that was the preferred option. it seems like a smaller contingent run it in docker on the pi, which i'm not sure it'd make a difference to me, i don't really have much else i'd put on the pi. is asterisk still a thing people do? i've been thinking with the iffy cell reception in my desk area i might like a desk phone at home

yeah docker should work fine too (though I haven’t tried it). I actually run it in more powerful mini-pc with proxmox that I use for a work lab. I spun up a QEMU vm with ha-os on that for it and it’s running really nicely.

I was a nomad for a couple of years and took a break from HA, came back like a month ago and while it’s very much recognizable it has made crazy progress. stewardship of that project is really solid