Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i was quarterback of the anime club

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i was quarterback of the anime club

now you've planted the seed…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

p sure i had the same shirt as mr. casual khakis at one point in high school

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The_Franz posted:

now you've planted the seed…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

p sure i had the same shirt as mr. casual khakis at one point in high school

I certainly just wore whatever my mom bought me in high school. so lots of stuff from dillards and tj maxx

SuperDepressing
Feb 19, 2011

u can post here or you can be cool, hth

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my mom says I’m cool

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Silver Alicorn posted:

my mom says I’m cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SuperDepressing posted:

u can post here or you can be cool, hth

can I be cool when outside ??

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
walking down street wearing aviators and rocking a mullet : cool

but pulls out phone and logs on the line to check what’s been happening in the fast times at ridgemont high thread … : nerd

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
passers by : blinded by purestrain dichotomy

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Hmm let's see, in high school I was into:

• Medieval foam fighting
  • chess club
  • Debate club
  • anime
  • being an extremely online edgelord
  • Wearing a prescription monocle because I only had a prescription in one eye.

Yeah I was pretty cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nerd!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i was the best player in chess club and also on the math team and in musicals and the school band

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

fart simpson posted:

i was the best player in chess club and also on the math team and in musicals and the school band

take me now

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

no one man should have all that power……

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i was the autistic computer guy what do you think

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nothing makes me think more than that

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i had everything i needed to be cool, and sometimes people mistook me for a cool person, but i didn't know what the gently caress so i was always a nerd actually

now I'm cool but also a washed up old man

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
living the dream then

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i was in band and academic team and stuff so lol

but also approached to buy weed on multiple occasions even though i didn’t sell weed in hs

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

in my first year of uni a guy came up to me, asked if i smoked weed and then gave me a lighter with his phone number on it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hbag posted:

in my first year of uni a guy came up to me, asked if i smoked weed and then gave me a lighter with his phone number on it

Hahahahha

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

My first exposure to programming was teaching myself how to write stupid little programs on my graphing calculator in high school. But I was pretty popular/well liked, so it was kind of the best of both worlds.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
used to hang out in the “computer lab” with my mates making pixel art tanks in MS paint

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
my very first exposure to programming such as it was was probably changing things around in gorillas

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

mine was scratch. i didn't get it but i figured it out 10 years later

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I remember our programming classes in high school were taught by a horrible old lady who knew very little about programming. first class was Visual Basic second was c++. this turned me away from programming for a few years, but I was always into tech so I came back to it on my own later

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I remember making a presentation in Visual Basic for middle school

it wouldn’t run on any if the computer there so I brought in my nec power mate portable 286 luggable to show it off

I thought it was cool

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

my high school didn't have a programming class, just like word processing and basic spreadsheets, idk why we even had a computer lab. middle school computer class, though, we spent like three weeks on BASIC on the Apple IIs.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i made a super cool animation of a space laser satellite in strata studio pro for some school project. i've got a 180x135 animation of it but i'm re-rendering it in glorious HD on my powermac right now.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Silver Alicorn posted:

it wouldn’t run on any if the computer there so I brought in my nec power mate portable 286 luggable to show it off

I thought it was cool

very cool

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

in primary school i was real into pivot. remember pivot? that poo poo rocks

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

we got given lovely (actually incredibly cool for a 7 year old) windows xp laptops and they came with pivot pre-installed so i was just making stick figure animations all the loving time

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I had a picture of a tie interceptor I’d printed out at the library inside my trapper keeper. one day I accidentally forgot my backpack outside somewhere, and when I found it the next day that was the only thing that was missing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

lol was he a dealer or lookin for love? it owns either way

also did you call?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

dealer. and no lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I thought it was cool

lol this reminds me

I had used AMOS on my Amiga 500 to build some animated thing that used nested x and y loops (I think?) out into sine and cosine functions respectively to draw a circle

I had no idea how what I was doing make a circle. I had not idea what a sine or cosine function did, but I kept plugging numbers into them and noticed they were cyclical and then I plotted it and yeah that’s cool and randomly tried x into sine and y into cosine and drew a fuckin circle on the screen. I arrived there purely from a combination of limited resources but an insatiable quest to find out what’ll happen if I do this or that.

you know when maxwell, when finalising his equations calculated the speed of these electronomagnetic waves he was proposing exist and when the speed was the same as the speed of light he was like “I just invented light bitches :grin:

me discovering how to draw a circle - was up there with that

but the point of this story is that I hauled my whole rear end amiga 500 and that commodore 1084 monitor and the cables to school when I was 13 and showed the teacher for some project lol

it also had some basic line animations I’d made and I drew a picture of the starter logo and put it at the front coz starter was cool at the time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but I got cool immediately after that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nowadays it’s cool to be a nerd

much like blazing saddles, remaking revenge of the nerds would make no sense

unless of coz the remake was still set in the 80s :bernin:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dazed and confused is a fave movie of mine - also happens to be the first movie my man matt mcconheghe started in. love that mf

hazed and confused - set in the 80s and is a college sexy fun comedy that can break the rules because it’s set in the 80s where people were shits. get scorsese on the job, make it r18. the wolf of wall street of college sex comedies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

post your fave high school tales itt

i got really drunk at our sixth form dance and starting dancing on top of a table. the principal walked past and i affectionately fly tackled him to the ground. i was then suspended for a day and forever after was called ‘formal bandit’