Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i got put forward a year at high school but ended up bunking most of the year (going to school only an hour a day or so) and only barely scraped through each year. i spent more time playing n64 and going to random house parties then walking 2 hours home at 3 in the morning :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

echinopsis posted:

dazed and confused is a fave movie of mine
most of the movie was shot in a five mile radius of my house so it's impossible to go for a drive around me and not get lines from the movie stuck in my head

echinopsis posted:

matt mcconheghe
echi pls refer to him by his full and correct title: Future Governor of Texas Matt McConheghe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

i got really drunk at our sixth form dance and starting dancing on top of a table. the principal walked past and i affectionately fly tackled him to the ground. i was then suspended for a day and forever after was called ‘formal bandit’

ngl that’s p sick

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

my irl social life ended when i left high school ~7 years ago. you can't make meaningful friendships as an adult and i never made any as a kid anyway

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

my social life started once i left high school

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also i was that kid where people would be visibly/audibly upset when i got put in their groups for group work. still not sure if it was my fault or theirs but im leaning towards "mine"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i told a kid the new substitute teacher was named Mr Schitt

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

hbag posted:

my irl social life ended when i left high school ~7 years ago. you can't make meaningful friendships as an adult and i never made any as a kid anyway

highschool was mostly people I had no choice but to be around, and I did make a bunch of friends there, but not many I’m still in touch with. most of my meaningful friendships and relationships I’ve made as an adult. you’re a queer this should be easy mode, though I know individual exp can still be very different even then

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah im "a queer" but im also paranoid and cant talk to people i dont already know

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hbag posted:

should have joined a fraternity

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

post hole digger posted:

you know that fraternities and sororities aren't really a thing outside of the us, right?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

The_Franz posted:

you know that fraternities and sororities aren't really a thing outside of the us, right?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The_Franz posted:

Oh darn I bet it would have been a perfect fit for hbag otherwise :allears:.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my community college had a fraternity that was basically just a study club

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

living with strangers sounds great for me, a person who is very anal about people not touching their stuff

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

. you can't make meaningful friendships as an adult

what are you on about

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hbag posted:

you can't make meaningful friendships as an adult

skill issue imo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

post hole digger posted:

i did, for three months. some of the most evil people i have ever come across in this life

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

graph posted:

i did, for three months. some of the most evil people i have ever come across in this life

"THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

I was at a standup show and of course getting pissed and this dude gave me another drink and offered to drive me home and we he did I asked what line of work he was in and he told me he was an anaesthetist and I was like woah between the two of us we know so much about drugs lol

and now we’re mates. he lives on the other side of town so don’t see each other much but I like him a lot

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

In 11th grade me and some friends used to play quake in the library. It was a lot of fun and I don’t remember a whole lot else from that year to be honest

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i don't remember any of it except sometimes i do and then i remember why i don't remember

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

post hole digger posted:

Oh darn I bet it would have been a perfect fit for hbag otherwise :allears:.

lol irl

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

my social life started once i left high school

no it didn’t. you can’t form relationships after high school.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

quote this post if high school was the best time of your life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
actually that was the dirty thirties 😏

filthy forties turning out to be a bit poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

here’s what i understand of echis life

teens: conversion to christianity
twenties: conversion to diabetes and having kids
thirties: conversion to divorce
forties: a bit poo poo

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
in high school i was in the competitive marching band. so needless to say i ruled the school :grin:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lord fifth posted:

in high school i was in the competitive marching band. so needless to say i ruled the school :grin:

i know this is a popular trope. but lots of the most popular kids in my school i was friends with because of band, but like almost 10% of the high school was in the marching band alone, let alone of the two concert bands (to say nothing of jazz, pep, etc). the chorus people were weirder but still lots of popular kids there and in the drama department.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mediaphage posted:

i know this is a popular trope. but lots of the most popular kids in my school i was friends with because of band, but like almost 10% of the high school was in the marching band alone, let alone of the two concert bands (to say nothing of jazz, pep, etc). the chorus people were weirder but still lots of popular kids there and in the drama department.

the band essentially had everyone in it: nerds, flunkies, druggies, goths, metal-heads, geeks, dweebs, wasteoids, and, of course, bandos

the band director when i was there only took over a couple of years earlier, but he turned the music program from a joke into one of the best in the state. this was a public school that people from other districts actually paid to send their kids to specifically because of the music program. when they would go places for games, there would be one bus for the team, and two busses for the band

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 15, 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

here’s what i understand of echis life

teens: conversion to christianity
twenties: conversion to diabetes and having kids
thirties: conversion to divorce
forties: a bit poo poo

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I was at a standup show and of course getting pissed and this dude gave me another drink and offered to drive me home and we he did I asked what line of work he was in and he told me he was an anaesthetist and I was like woah between the two of us we know so much about drugs lol

and now we’re mates. he lives on the other side of town so don’t see each other much but I like him a lot

do you have any gaps in your memory from this encounter

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chasms mate chasms

mystes
May 31, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

suffice to say I was a big fuckin nerd and I still am, but better socially adjusted at least.
same but less socially adjusted

matti
Mar 31, 2019

in high school i looked and dressed like the virgin from the virgin v. chad meme and dropped out as soon as i could to play world of warcraft all day

mystes
May 31, 2006

matti posted:

in high school i looked and dressed like the virgin from the virgin v. chad meme and dropped out as soon as i could to play world of warcraft all day
I never thought about it but I guess I dressed exactly like that in high school too, including the new balance shoes

matti
Mar 31, 2019

its funny because its true

a year on from that i went to do my alternative military service and met other freaks, queers, and geeks there and moved into a bigger city and have enjoyed living much more since

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYsCHBovMII

sorry it's my birthday today and i just came home from visiting my parents so i'm little sentimental about my past

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

when we were 15 or so we used to drive around in the kid with the car’s car and smash letterboxes by stopping, running over, and doing the most creative smash. one guy did a sweet fly kick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

when we were 15 or so we used to drive around in the kid with the car’s car and smash letterboxes by stopping, running over, and doing the most creative smash. one guy did a sweet fly kick

growing up with bogan/boy racer mates in chch ftw