Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

git apologist posted:

when we were 15 or so we used to drive around in the kid with the car’s car and smash letterboxes by stopping, running over, and doing the most creative smash. one guy did a sweet fly kick

one guy did that around where i was and broke his arm because the owner was so tired of it that he’d built the new mailbox around a steel girder of some kind

i laughed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we went out to weedens and stole the “weedens ▶️” sign

stole a give way sign out that way too

lol we used to make dry ice bombs out of small plastic drink bottles, fill them with water and put them in mailboxes lol

went out doing rally driving in the quarry and watched my friend double flip a car over. i was so shocked and somehow no one died or anyrbjnf more than bruised tbh and when he got out of car he goes “echi you shoulda seen your face”

going out to the mcleans island diesels to watch some late night illegal burnouts

going out at lunchtime from school doing burnouts and blowing out tires on some 90s video recorder. that was stressful as gently caress because we struggled to get the wheel off and we had to be back at school. in fact this guy had this fiat 132 I think? it did some good burnouts tbf

my friends used to drink but i’d smoke weed so I was often the sober drink lmao god

idk if these things make you cool or a nerd but they do make you a loser :cry:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

git apologist posted:

we used to drive around in the kid with the car’s car

can’t tell if this is gibberish or inscrutable aussie slang

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

well-read undead posted:

can’t tell if this is gibberish or inscrutable aussie slang

they used to drive around in the car of their friend, who was singular among their peer group for having access to their own personal vehicle

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

mediaphage posted:

they used to drive around in the car of their friend, who was singular among their peer group for having access to their own personal vehicle

thank you, i have successfully parsed the sentence now

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

echinopsis posted:

well-read undead posted:

can’t tell if this is gibberish or inscrutable kiwi slang

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol weedens is a place

but it also has weed in the name and an arrow so it was used at parties

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

lol weedens is a place

but it also has weed in the name and an arrow so it was used at parties

na na na na
na na na na
hei hei
goodbye

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

echinopsis posted:

there was a High St near the campus of the large state uni in my town and not surprisingly that street sign got stolen all. the. time.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

can you imagine if there was m intersection between 69th and 420th street

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
kids who grew up in that town always end up as CEOs due to the sheer power of living in the vicinity of that celestial place

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

growing up with bogan/boy racer mates in chch ftw

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I like being a 40-year-old man better than I liked being in high school.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mediaphage posted:

one guy did that around where i was and broke his arm because the owner was so tired of it that he’d built the new mailbox around a steel girder of some kind

i laughed

i knew a guy and his friend who did that. they were eventually busted, had to go to court (in the us tampering with or vandalizing mailboxes is a federal offense) and were ordered to pay for all of the mailboxes they destroyed

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The_Franz posted:

i knew a guy and his friend who did that. they were eventually busted, had to go to court (in the us tampering with or vandalizing mailboxes is a federal offense) and were ordered to pay for all of the mailboxes they destroyed

good, destroying random peoples mailboxes because you’re bored is dumb as gently caress

just go tp somebody, it’s annoying as poo poo but is impermanent and isn’t expensive to fix

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

akadajet posted:

I like being a 40-year-old man better than I liked being in high school.

same, by a huge amount

being in high school loving sucked

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i went through a phase in high school of slashing tires. what a dumb little poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at high school I lacked perspective on how much of a loser I am but life is a series of lessons about that so i’d side with high school ignorance rather than 40yo knowledge

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i knew how much of a loser i was but didn’t have the tools yet to just suppress the voices and suffer through

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
im not 40 yet, but at least my brain worked better when i was younger

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The_Franz posted:

p sure i had the same shirt as mr. casual khakis at one point in high school

i as well

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

4 touchdowns in one game

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

git apologist posted:

4 touchdowns in one game

oh, you played madden in high school?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i bet i could throw a football over them mountains

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

oh, you played madden in high school?

no we played nhl 95

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

git apologist posted:

4 touchdowns in one game

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i grew up in ontario in the 80s/90s so we got to use these computers called icon. it had a big ol’ trackball on the attached keyboard. also my first experience with programming was using turing.
icon computers were special made for ontario students.

in high school i was cool. maybe. idk.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
some people had sex during high school times

as I was a christian sex was off the table so had to settle for 69rs praise the lord

a fun thing that would happen is when one of you finished you suddenly got post nut clarity (or girl post nut clarity) and you’d feel guilty and wanna stop and pray and the other person was just left feeling sad and horny and profoundly unsatisfied

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

echinopsis posted:

some people had sex during high school times

as I was a christian sex was off the table so had to settle for 69rs praise the lord

a fun thing that would happen is when one of you finished you suddenly got post nut clarity (or girl post nut clarity) and you’d feel guilty and wanna stop and pray and the other person was just left feeling sad and horny and profoundly unsatisfied

That's really sad but also lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
because I was an absolute clown with no sense of tmi or whatever of course I told almost everyone about everything I was getting up to, because she was a long distance relationship so no one at school knew her so I was very open. I rolled my mums car 2 days after getting my restricted license trying to do rally driving maybe it would have been better for the world if I had died lol

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

echinopsis posted:

because I was an absolute clown with no sense of tmi or whatever of course I told almost everyone about everything I was getting up to, because she was a long distance relationship so no one at school knew her so I was very open. I rolled my mums car 2 days after getting my restricted license trying to do rally driving maybe it would have been better for the world if I had died lol

yospos would be poorer for it

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

George posted:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

echinopsis posted:

because I was an absolute clown with no sense of tmi or whatever

don't worry, you still are, and we all hope you continue to be long into the future

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

George posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

don't worry, you still are, and we all hope you continue to be long into the future

🙏

George posted:

this is all that matters

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I believe that in the US high school is 3 years and junior high is 2 years before it but over here high school is both of those combined. the US way seems much better given how kids develop

my son is 14 and I work with 17yos and wow it’s a chasm of difference in maturity etc. also prolly coz my 14yo is a boy and the 17yo people I am thinking about are young women

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

off by one. junior high is usually grades 6-8 and high school is 9-12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

the us is all over the place on this.

one district i went to was

k-4: elementary
5,6: middle school