Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Bip Roberts posted:

She's the only thing in America bigger than the nfl

I knew a bunch of people who went to see her live who I have never heard talk about music or even be the kind of person I’d expect to see at any kind of a show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

i am a moron posted:

I knew a bunch of people who went to see her live who I have never heard talk about music or even be the kind of person I’d expect to see at any kind of a show

And conversely I know a bunch of people who are into music and (somewhat these days) affordable shows who I’d never expect to shell out that kind of money but did

The comparison to the nfl is a good one—one of the last popular things across all different types of American demographics

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

You might call them the last great American dynasties.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

No one roots for the Chiefs anymore. You’re now the villain team with only the PatriotsWay refs cooking for you. Thats what happens.

:agreed: and drat that it actually took less time to feel this way than it did for the Pats. Almost impressive

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress u and gently caress the chiefs

:agreed:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AndrewP posted:

watching the condensed version of DEN @ CHI. The Bears just went up 28-7 with four minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I know how this game ends but I just can't believe it.

The Broncos were an uncalled DPI away from forcing overtime against the Commanders. The Broncos are bad but they have actually showed up in the second half a couple times.

Honestly I'm surprised the Bears even scored that well, even against the horrid Broncos D.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

sharknado slashfic posted:

I gotta be honest and this is very goonsay but I had no idea Taylor Swift was still this popular until the last few months.

Do you live in a monastery?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Black Sunshine posted:

I can't speak for him, but on my part my life just doesn't interact with pop music basically at ALL. I certainly don't hate it, but the circumstances just don't put me in places where I'm actually listening to pop radio instead of it just being on distantly in the background. I don't own a car, I have to find and listen to my own music which is mostly done on places where the algorithms have been spending years already trying to put together what I like, I haven't gone out on a regular basis at all since the pandemic hit. I've NEVER been a live music guy so nobody I know would have reason to mention her concerts to me. So I while I certainly knew T-Swift existed and that she had a number of hits, I also had no idea she'd gotten THIS big.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 4, 2023

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Zero_Grade posted:

You might call them the last great American dynasties.

I don't know how much appreciation this joke will get, but I see you

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

:agreed: and drat that it actually took less time to feel this way than it did for the Pats. Almost impressive

:agreed:

Well since everyone agrees with gently caress me let me just say I've been there. Deluding yourself into thinking you're one play away from being relevant, if only the refs weren't obviously aligned against you and your lovely quarterback. It sucks and I'm glad I don't have to fool myself into thinking this anymore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Eli's pretty funny in an understated way. Peyton is kind of a spaz.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Black Sunshine posted:

She's been around a long time but she's gotten way more popular this year because of her tour that was perfectly timed with post COVID people wanting to go to concerts and poo poo.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

not being aware of Swift is pretty out of touch

not being aware of how possible it is for even the biggest pop star to not pierce someone's algorithm reinforced pop culture bubble in 2023 is also pretty out of touch

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That doesn’t make sense but okay I guess

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

That doesn’t make sense but okay I guess

maybe if you were more in touch

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Well since everyone agrees with gently caress me let me just say I've been there. Deluding yourself into thinking you're one play away from being relevant, if only the refs weren't obviously aligned against you and your lovely quarterback. It sucks and I'm glad I don't have to fool myself into thinking this anymore.

I still like Mahomes and Andy Reid :shrug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
nobody thinks the chiefs are the villains of the nfl lol

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I think the chiefs are the villains of the nfl

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
You're telling a fib

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Andy Reid might be their one saving grace from going full heel status

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The refs are the villains of the NFL, duhh.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's nothing compared to peak Patriots villainry. All the prominent KC players and coaches are basically likable, there's no pompous "Chiefs Way", there's been no cheating scandals, they have a quarterback with extraordinary talent, etc etc.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AndrewP posted:

Andy Reid might be their one saving grace from going full heel status

Great guy. Like a father to me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The337th posted:

We advise most new posters not to touch or feed him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

indigi posted:

nobody thinks the chiefs are the villains of the nfl lol

I do

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think their fanbase sucks and their owner can go gently caress himself (though that's not so much about football, really), but I think the team is fine

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I just can't hate on Mahomes and the Chiefs. Mahomes is the best passer I have ever seen, even better than Rodgers, and he's infinitely more likeable than Brady was or will ever be

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

It's nothing compared to peak Patriots villainry. All the prominent KC players and coaches are basically likable, there's no pompous "Chiefs Way", there's been no cheating scandals, they have a quarterback with extraordinary talent, etc etc.

D-LINK posted:

I just can't hate on Mahomes and the Chiefs. Mahomes is the best passer I have ever seen, even better than Rodgers, and he's infinitely more likeable than Brady was or will ever be

Yeah, these posts basically summarize how I feel.

They’re a division rival, you’re supposed to think they’re a villain regardless, although your biggest villain is probably Dean Spanos.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

the cowboys are the villains of the NFL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

I think their fanbase sucks and their owner can go gently caress himself (though that's not so much about football, really), but I think the team is fine

The fanbase you interact with on a daily basis or the fanbase you see in stadiums because they're very different.

Also why the hate on Clark Hunt again?

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!

feller posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

kiimo posted:

He also owns FC Dallas and boy oh boy can you tell where his actual interest lies

He'll have one big spending year every 5 years or so just so the fanbase doesn't accuse him of ignoring the team. It shows.

Highline
Mar 28, 2009

kiimo posted:

The fanbase you interact with on a daily basis or the fanbase you see in stadiums because they're very different.

He's a billionaire who inherited his wealth, it would be weird to not hate him honestly. And I'm a KC fan.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

feller posted:

:hmmyes:

gently caress the Cowboys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Arrowhead stadium is basically the border of Independence, Missouri and Raytown, Missouri. As such those places get first choice on season tickets.

Anyone who knows KC knows Raytown is redneck central and Independence was the Meth Capital of the World for a while. The fans you see in the stadium are like 80% stereotype and really don't represent the city or the fanbase. There's a reason we call it Camarohead.

Like there's a running joke / not joke about fans meeting at the George Brett statue to fight each other.

Highline posted:

He's a billionaire who inherited his wealth, it would be weird to not hate him honestly. And I'm a KC fan.

well yeah I mean besides that. He mostly comes off as a nerd to me but isn't actively evil from what I've seen. Just a benign evil.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 4, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah but I'd really rather not have to post a disclaimer everytime I address "the fanbase," since if my frustration applied to a poster in this forum I'd call them out directly as opposed to tiptoeing around the bullshit. There's no shortage of absolutely garbage rear end Cowboys fans, for instance, I probably live two doors down from one, but if someone ITT accuses Cowboys fans of being drunk racists living in the past I'm going to assume they're not talking about me because I'm the dumbfuck who wasn't watching during the glory days.

I'd like to think if there's a lovely fan posting here they'd have been run off already.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They already have! (lowtax)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The337th posted:

Your just throwing words out randomly now

Well you were doing it before as well but still

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hate the California Chiefs fans that always came to Qualcomm. Worst visiting fans I've ever seen.

The ones here are cool

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Patty seems cool. Andy Reid is a legend. Even kelce seems like an awesome guy to hang out with (albeit… transparent, but no hate here. build that brand)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

The337th posted:

Touch deez nutz

The337th posted:

I think the chiefs are the villains of the nfl

They absolutely are and they need to be stopped. Midwest BBQ clearly unlocked a level up for Andy and it's very depressing since he has a limitless supply there.

Re: T. Swift, I've literally only heard 2 songs by her in my life and almost exclusively listen to Rock/Metal so my musical tastes aren't even in the same hemisphere as hers but it's hard to escape knowing how big she currently is.

Her tour ticket sale last year was such a poo poo show with scalpers eating up everything instantly that they've since had congressional hearings about how Ticketmaster handles their sales.

She's currently on the highest grossing tour in the history of our planet. She plays multiple nights at the same city in football stadiums and that's still not enough to satisfy demand.

She makes so much money for where she plays that she's a literal traveling economy boost and makes so much herself that she recently gave out over $55,000,000 in bonuses to her touring crew for the end of the first leg.

She recently made a surprise announcement for a theatrical film concert of her tour and it broke the AMC presale record set by Spiderman No Way Home and caused Hollywood to adjust release dates including actually moving the release of the new Exorcist movie so they wouldn't have to compete with her.

So yeah, I guess if you're not interested in music tours, feel good stories about benevolent rich people, politics, movie news or
don't live anywhere near a city she played then I suppose I can see how you don't really know how big she is right now aside from her banging Kelce.

Goddamn, lotta words about Taylor Swift... I'm going to go outside now and do some yard work.