Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Caleb Williams watches every single bears game this season with absolute terror knowing that it could be him that they ruin next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

yeah he's done.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The Bengals might just be bad huh

The Bengals are always bad, but sometimes they forget.

This year they remembered.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

the chicago bears: not even once

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
steelers were nice enough to have some ok special teams play today. Which was nice because the offense, defense, and coaching staff are completely abysmal.

kenny pickett likely blew out his knee on the worst 4th and 1 playcall i have maybe ever seen which is great because now they will waste all of next year giving him another chance when they should already be looking for the next qb, as he sucks bad. another year of futility coming up while the corner stone pieces of the defense continue to age out, thanks for the good bye present canada you loving rear end in a top hat.

dan moore jr getting hurt was nice because it finally forced tomlin to play broderick jones at LT. wonder if it will also take injuries to montravious adams and patrick peterson or levi wallace to get him to regularly play the other rookies who are a lot better than the bad vets in front of them.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Cthulu Carl posted:

The Bengals are always bad, but sometimes they forget.

This year they remembered.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/status/1708585199880057116?t=3IwYW4WzIZ6EDCS_Xe_eXw&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

AndrewP posted:

Cleveland had one of the worst offensive games I’ve ever seen

The FG came thanks to a DPI on an absolute duck of a deep throw

Yup. Still, glad they didn't try to push a QB with a bum shoulder out there. Last time it happened, it sank an entire season and directly lead to us getting loving Watson.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

steelers were nice enough to have some ok special teams play today. Which was nice because the offense, defense, and coaching staff are completely abysmal.

kenny pickett likely blew out his knee on the worst 4th and 1 playcall i have maybe ever seen which is great because now they will waste all of next year giving him another chance when they should already be looking for the next qb, as he sucks bad. another year of futility coming up while the corner stone pieces of the defense continue to age out, thanks for the good bye present canada you loving rear end in a top hat.

dan moore jr getting hurt was nice because it finally forced tomlin to play broderick jones at LT. wonder if it will also take injuries to montravious adams and patrick peterson or levi wallace to get him to regularly play the other rookies who are a lot better than the bad vets in front of them.

at least with jones, i had heard that he did not have an especially good training camp so i understand taking it slow (even if it makes the first round pick feel like a waste). but there's no loving reason to not have JP jr on the field at all times

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I was pretty disappointed the Steelers defense couldn't hold it together enough to put all the pressure/blame on the offensive playcalling. Even still, you can win NFL games giving up 30 points but really can't scoring 6

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DC Murderverse posted:

Caleb Williams watches every single bears game this season with absolute terror knowing that it could be him that they ruin next

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Glad we finally beat Burrow and held him to 3 on top of that. Also glad the offense showed up this week. Henry is eternal.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
CJ Stroud is the truth and the Steelers OC is a football terrorist.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Glad we finally beat Burrow and held him to 3 on top of that. Also glad the offense showed up this week. Henry is eternal.

i'm glad the bengals lost

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AndrewP posted:

100 yard stare

lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

3rd button

Stay in school

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

poo poo is loving dire in carolina right now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

3rd button

Stay in school

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

3rd button

Stay in school

Fake some career threatening injury and drop in the first

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Kawalimus posted:

Fake some career threatening injury and drop in the first

I'm not saying he *should* get into the exact sort of legal trouble as Jalen Carter, I'm just saying it's a pretty appealing option as well.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

3rd button

Stay in school

He could even not declare for the draft, but later opt out of the college season entirely

Worked for Chase and Parsons

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Arizona would be fine. They don’t look too bad this year especially given the level of talent on the roster.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wait

No

I fell asleep before the early slate games were over

You tryin to tell me

Aint no way

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Terrified of it being picked by the bears the NFL draft next year is a wasteland, no one enters the draft pool, deciding to either rest a year, play for the xfl, or stay in college.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alaois posted:

Wait

No

I fell asleep before the early slate games were over

You tryin to tell me

Aint no way

Is it really a surprise?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Is it really a surprise?

Dog the way people in the GDT were talking i thought the Bears were up like 45-0 at halftime

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Am I crazy or does it seem like more teams suck horrendous amounts of rear end this year than usual?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Alaois posted:

Dog the way people in the GDT were talking i thought the Bears were up like 45-0 at halftime

It was 27-7 late into the 3rd.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Strobe posted:

Am I crazy or does it seem like more teams suck horrendous amounts of rear end this year than usual?

It's weird cos the Rams and Cardinals were supposed to be nailed on to be terrible and both look scrappy and decent

There seems to be a lot of teams massively underperforming this year

Seen a few people talk about a coachpocalypse come Black Monday this year

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

As much as I love the idea of coachageddon, somebody has to win the games (see broncos/bears). The bad and underperforming teams will play each other and a few will end up with decent records by the end of the year, even if none of them actually improve.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

It's weird cos the Rams and Cardinals were supposed to be nailed on to be terrible and both look scrappy and decent

There seems to be a lot of teams massively underperforming this year

Seen a few people talk about a coachpocalypse come Black Monday this year

People calling for the Rams to be awful are undervaluing what a very good coach like McVay is worth.

People talk about coachpocalyse pretty much every year it seems. But

sirtommygunn posted:

As much as I love the idea of coachageddon, somebody has to win the games (see broncos/bears). The bad and underperforming teams will play each other and a few will end up with decent records by the end of the year, even if none of them actually improve.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

People calling for the Rams to be awful are undervaluing what a very good coach like McVay is worth.

Or even an unproven coach who seems to give a drat like Gannon. Cards are very much a fight for every down team this year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad I know the Ravens win this game because it's dire so far

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/riversmccown/status/1708617273689137628

they easily lost to fat mike

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Or even an unproven coach who seems to give a drat like Gannon. Cards are very much a fight for every down team this year.

Dobbs is shaping up to be a good QB, the team has a lot of fight in them, and the coaching seems good. Ending up in AZ is far from the worst fate for anyone they draft. Unlike Chicago. Woof.

Oh, Mr. Irrelevant this week? 20/21 for 283 yards and a TD, plus a rushing TD. Purdy was just shockingly efficient today, ball placement and timing with his receivers was almost perfect.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This is the worst Pats team in almost 30 years.

Make the throwbacks required.

BOB didn't make those dipshit picks, Mac earned that benching. I don't think BOB disintegrated the O-line either.

And the wildest part about Mac is he ISN'T the worst QB in the AFC East :psyduck:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 2, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Khalil Mack had a pretty good day

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

mllaneza posted:

Dobbs is shaping up to be a good QB, the team has a lot of fight in them, and the coaching seems good. Ending up in AZ is far from the worst fate for anyone they draft. Unlike Chicago. Woof.

Oh, Mr. Irrelevant this week? 20/21 for 283 yards and a TD, plus a rushing TD. Purdy was just shockingly efficient today, ball placement and timing with his receivers was almost perfect.

That throw to Aiyuk on the final drive was so ridiculous, he threw the ball like 3 strides before Aiyuk even started to turn around, perfect anticipation

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Did Pickett only get drafted by the Steelers because he went to Pitt?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Broncos defense is insanely poo poo but we could easily be 3-1. It's been a fun season across the league already, having a lot of fun watching the national football league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Fire Bill(s)